Getting rid of water from your tires (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt and I understand. But I didnt do it until lately and almost don't feel like doing it on all my stuff. Your vid though helps it make sense to do from brand new

What size brass tubing 1/8" . Thanks
I'm not 100% sure. I bought two different sizes and went with the smaller of the two. I'm sure someone here can chime in and tell you what's a good size.

In all fairness if I taped the wheel holes to begin with water wouldn't have gotten in there ?

The tires are designed to be vented . With the holes plugged you may cause the tire to separate from the rim. I was glued the holes on my rims with plastic epoxy , then drilled 3 small holes in each tire with a plug cutter. They work great and I haven't had any water or dirt get in the tires.

The tires are designed to be vented . With the holes plugged you may cause the tire to separate from the rim. I was glued the holes on my rims with plastic epoxy , then drilled 3 small holes in each tire with a plug cutter. They work great and I haven't had any water or dirt get in the tires.
If the tires are wrapped or don't balloon, then you can run them sealed. I ran another set of MX28 Bandlands sealed and wrapped with fishing braid without issue. And I also ran a set of brand new Backflips sealed without any problems. If a tires balloons while sealed, they will take a real odd shape. But honestly the best way to keep stuff out of your tires is no eliminate all possible entry points. I know people that only run sealed tires. But without question the worst is tires vented through the rim. Manufacturers shouldn't even do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back