Infraction Getting the Infraction to 100 MPH with minimal upgrades/changes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RookieNumberss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
Hi guys, I recently just got 82 MPH with my Infraction, and I was wondering if there was any way to attain 100 MPH with the least amount of upgrades. I've cut the spoiler I believe 2 layers (or the indentations on the spoiler) and added twin fans to the motor (if that really does much to speed). What do you guys suggest?

Castle MMX8s ESC would do it for sure. Lower cost option would be the Mamba Monster 2 ESC, but for the little extra the MMX8s is very worth it.

The motor has plenty of power to get you there but the ESC is cutting power. I think any way that you look at it the ESC is the main restriction of your goal.

Example of MMX8s and BLX 2050kv motor doing 119mph (also has done 132mph)
Capture.JPG

Castle MMX8s ESC would do it for sure. Lower cost option would be the Mamba Monster 2 ESC, but for the little extra the MMX8s is very worth it.

The motor has plenty of power to get you there but the ESC is cutting power. I think any way that you look at it the ESC is the main restriction of your goal.

Example of MMX8s and BLX 2050kv motor doing 119mph (also has done 132mph)
View attachment 81558
are you running it on 6s or 8s for both of the runs you've done?

What was the 4S 103 setup? Was that a straight speedrun setup or could you actually bash that?

You cannot bash any setup that I am aware of geared beyond 80mph. You have to have 2 gearing setups one for speed and one for bashing.
For speed use assuming the motor is around 2000 kv start with the limitless stock gearing of 27t pinion and 34t spur and adjust 1 tooth on the pinion at a time from there.

You cannot bash any setup that I am aware of geared beyond 80mph. You have to have 2 gearing setups one for speed and one for bashing.
For speed use assuming the motor is around 2000 kv start with the limitless stock gearing of 27t pinion and 34t spur and adjust 1 tooth on the pinion at a time from there.

I figured as much about the "not bashing above 80mph" but the only stupid question is the one not asked (y)

Still curious on the 4s setup that did 103...what was involved?

I figured as much about the "not bashing above 80mph" but the only stupid question is the one not asked (y)

Still curious on the 4s setup that did 103...what was involved?
Its a typhon with limitless shocks and towers
GRP tires
34T spur/spool from the limitless
MMX8s esc
blx 2050kv motor
The pinion I cannot say out of respect for the speed runner community, but 27T will be a great starting point.

@LibertyMKiii That's too fast! lol

My mind can hardly wrap around being able to remotely drive some that fast. Scary. I wonder what kind of down force is achieved?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back