Giant Firestorm Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I bought these giant Jconcepts Firestorm tires for my Axial MT but I gotta mount them myself. I got the tribute wheels to go along but I've never done this before, all my tires have been pre-mounted and ready to go. I don't want to mess up and ruin these expensive tires. I've been doing some reading and most people say to remove the foam inside them, wash them with dishwashing soap, and scuff the inside of the tires so the glue holds better. I have a few more questions before I actually do this but for now I mainly want to know what everyone here would recommend for what glue I should use. A lot of people are saying regular super glue, is this a good choice?

CA (Cyanoacrylate) is the technical name for super glue. Most off the shelf types are too thick. Hobby stores usually carry much thinner types, which is ideal for mounting tires. As you start to apply, it runs down the bead of the tire, and helps to eliminate the chance of missing a spot. It dries in seconds, so you have to work quick and try to be steady. Here's the link to a pretty good video on it:

So I'm trying to glue my tires yesterday and I notice that the foam ring that goes around the wheel bunches up when I stick it into the tire. Its foam so it pretty much rubs against the foam already inside the tire and it just bunches up to the size of a rubber band. Anyone know how to prevent this? I can't find anything on this on youtube. Do I even need this foam ring?

So I'm trying to glue my tires yesterday and I notice that the foam ring that goes around the wheel bunches up when I stick it into the tire. Its foam so it pretty much rubs against the foam already inside the tire and it just bunches up to the size of a rubber band. Anyone know how to prevent this? I can't find anything on this on youtube. Do I even need this foam ring?
you might be able to sleeve the inner foam, like use a piece of paper to wrap around it to get the tire and outer foam on, then just slide the paper out. it seems that it would help by removing dead air space from in the tire making everything be foam to get the most uniform tire compound throughout, and not have any soft spots.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back