Fireteam Girl dodges airborne fireteam like spiderman.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR

Full video if interested.

Scariest moment of my life tbh and I wish I could buy her some ice cream or something because she saved my ass from a lot of problems I would have had to face if she didn't dodge it. Definitely learned my lesson about being more cautious with checking my blind spots.

Be safe out there people!

Gotta be honest - as a father, this pisses me off a bit. I know it was an accident but you should really be more careful.

And then you say she saved you from problems by dodging it. This is about her safety, not your problems.

Come on man.

I feel ya bro! I had a very similar situation last year. Almost hit a Mt biker that popped out of a blind trail entrance/exit right as my K8s was coming in for a sketchy landing in the exact same spot. I about 💩 myself!!!

Once second no one’s around, next second disaster is about to unfold! 😱

I feel ya bro! I had a very similar situation last year. Almost hit a Mt biker that popped out of a blind trail entrance/exit right as my K8s was coming in for a sketchy landing in the exact same spot. I about 💩 myself!!!

Us MTBers know how to bunny hop 😉.

JK I have been fairly luck with only one close call with people.

Gotta be honest - as a father, this pisses me off a bit. I know it was an accident but you should really be more careful.

And then you say she saved you from problems by dodging it. This is about her safety, not your problems.

Come on man.

Same feelings here as a parent. At the risk of piling on, I find the short to be in somewhat poor taste.

We have to be vigilant about our surroundings when bashing otherwise not only do people get hurt, but venues for RC'ing become off-limits from negative experiences like this.

Come on man.
This post seems a bit unnecessary to me and it appears your emotions are getting the better of you. I clearly stated that the experience taught me a lesson and that I need to be way more careful. I already acknowledged that so there is no need for you to come at me with such hostility. I also thought it was obviously about her safety which shouldn't even need to be said. Probably why I didn't? No one wants to see anyone get seriously injured by a situation they caused. Let alone a little girl, you have no idea what it was like. I could have damn near killed that girl and it still spook the hell out of me.

Seriously, that sidewalk doesn't get used that often when were out there so I think I got too comfortable. Never again.

Last edited:
This post seems a bit unnecessary to me and it appears your emotions are getting the better of you. I clearly stated that the experience taught me a lesson and that I need to be way more careful. I already acknowledged that so there is no need for you to come at me with such hostility. I also thought it was obviously about her safety which shouldn't even need to be said. Probably why I didn't? No one wants to see anyone get seriously injured by a situation they caused. Let alone a little girl, you have no idea what it was like. I could have damn near killed that girl and it still spook the hell out of me.
Aye. I see this as the cautionary tale it was intended to be. It's obvious this scared the crap out of you and I'd wager a year's salary that nothing like this would ever happen to you again...so I don't understand the need for finger wagging. Thanks for sharing and illustrating how quickly a fun day out can turn bad...but without anyone getting hurt in the process.

Aye. I see this as the cautionary tale it was intended to be. It's obvious this scared the crap out of you and I'd wager a year's salary that nothing like this would ever happen to you again...so I don't understand the need for finger wagging. Thanks for sharing and illustrating how quickly a fun day out can turn bad...but without anyone getting hurt in the process.
Thank you for getting it. I remember maybe a week ago I made a post referencing this incident. Back then I said something like not even being sure if I was going to post the video because it had spooked me so much. The wifey convinced me to do it as a way to just let others know how fast things can go from fun to "omg noooo" real fast.

I so know that feeling of impending doom. I was doing a low inverted pass over the runway with my rc plane when this lady and her little boy stopped to watch, the little boy stepped right out into the middle of the runway at the last second I had a choice, I had to ditch the airplane or nail the kid, obviously I plowed the airplane. The mother was totally oblivious to the danger her son was in. I walked out picked up the pieces and was carrying it back to the truck and the little boy asks...hey mister, are you going to fly that again? I replied not today. I could only envision what would have happened if I had been slower on the sticks.

Thank you for getting it. I remember maybe a week ago I made a post referencing this incident. Back then I said something like not even being sure if I was going to post the video because it had spooked me so much. The wifey convinced me to do it as a way to just let others know how fast things can go from fun to "omg noooo" real fast.
I think it's far too easy to Monday morning quarterback situations. You could have buried this and never said a thing. But you did the difficult thing. You put it out in the public space and said, "Hey, I screwed up and here's how it happend...don't let this be you" and you owned your :poop:. You made no excuses. Tip of the hat good sir 🎩

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back