Fireteam Girl dodges airborne fireteam like spiderman.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad no one was hurt, it could have been very nasty. I'm glad you owned up on this one, it's not easy to post stuff as it can often come across the wrong way.
Let this be a reminder to us all to take care out there

Last edited:
This post seems a bit unnecessary to me and it appears your emotions are getting the better of you. I clearly stated that the experience taught me a lesson and that I need to be way more careful. I already acknowledged that so there is no need for you to come at me with such hostility. I also thought it was obviously about her safety which shouldn't even need to be said. Probably why I didn't? No one wants to see anyone get seriously injured by a situation they caused. Let alone a little girl, you have no idea what it was like. I could have damn near killed that girl and it still spook the hell out of me.
Yes, the video of a child almost getting decapitated worked me up a bit. Sounds like you learned a lesson and everyone was okay.

Ride on 🤙

Full video if interested.

Scariest moment of my life tbh and I wish I could buy her some ice cream or something because she saved my ass from a lot of problems I would have had to face if she didn't dodge it. Definitely learned my lesson about being more cautious with checking my blind spots.

Be safe out there people!
you would have been in the poop up to your eye balls if that had hit her

That would probably have been deadly if the chassis hit the head. Weight x speed of a Kraton makes a 9mm gun bullet (weight x speed) look like toy.

To the driver: Say thanks to up above and make sure you never drive around kids.

I don't go driving with buddies if their wife forces their kids on him for that short driving time.

Last edited:
That would probably have been deadly if the chassis hit the head. Weight x speed of a Kraton makes a 9mm gun bullet (weight x speed) look like toy.
Uhm...no. This is just nonsense. Unless you're talking about throwing a bullet at 30mph...but I don't think you were.

6000 gram Kraton times 45km/h = 270.000

8 gram bullet x 1200km/h = 9.600
270.000/9.600 = 28 times more "force"

Forget the units, that would be confusing (gkm/h). Now take the point of impact of lets say the flat underside of a chassis of about 10cm² on the kid's head. Compared to a 9mm bullet impact area of about 0,95 cm².

The wound looks different. Effect pretty much the same.

Used to fly rc planes pretty much everywhere. Until drones came along and too much dumb stuff happening. New laws. Lots of fun gone.
Just image we get lots of RC car laws because some are not willing to literally think 5-8 seconds ahead.

KE=0.5*mass*velocity^2

Do the math, it's just about the same kinetic energy. About 20% difference between Kraton and bullet.

FWIW, KE=0.5*mass*velocity^2

There’s a square component to the velocity. Im not in a place to do the unit conversions and calculations but that’s the formula for kinetic energy
Wait...I thought you were an Engineer? :LOL:

I am … I was at Aldi shopping for hamburgers and other food items did not have time to say “ein moment bitte” to the cashier who was awaiting my money. 😝
AND he speaks German. I think I'm in love 💘 :ROFLMAO:

@Moirae
I Pray for you my friend.
Someone was Truly watching out for that little girl that day..

I hope you find her parents and somehow let them know what happened.
Yes, SHE dodged it [She used one of her nine lives that day for sure].
And, yeah she'd scooted on her way... "no harm ,no foul" -in her mind..
But man.. THAT was WAY too close.

She $aved your a$$ss several times over.

I'm just glad the little girl is ok. Everyone please be careful in this hobby. Don't give anyone an excuse to regulate our hobby.

KE=0.5*mass*velocity^2

Do the math, it's just about the same kinetic energy. About 20% difference between Kraton and bullet.

Here's the math with my assumptions

1657331145434.png

This is just kinetic energy without considering impact area - but like you said, the amount of energy in a fast moving 1/8-1/7 scale RC car should not be underestimated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back