Kraton Giving up on TBone basher front bumper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edvin70

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I'm disappointed in the basher from bumper for the Kraton and am swapping it out for the RPM and will also try the TBone Typhon bumper.

The plastic just isn't strong enough to prevent the bolts from pulling through and is bent downward so that the front ground clearance is reduced. It caused allot of unwanted front flips and cartwheels yesterday. I've tried to heat and bend it back but the inner support piece ensures it gets bent down and away from the chassis on impact.

If anyone else has had these experiences and came up with a fix I'd love to hear about it.

Landing with bumper as shovel will most likely bend it...done some times...and the plastic rip through the screws. Not sure about a permanent fix to prevent the bolt stuff.......just take a pic and email tbr they will send you a new one.

Btw i also bought the rpm bumper after a couple of tbr replacements cause i cant stand waiting shipping from usa to sweden lol

Happened to me as well, I'm using longer screws and metal washers to stop the bumper pulling through the screws but it is a weakness of this Tbone part.

Happened to me as well, I'm using longer screws and metal washers to stop the bumper pulling through the screws but it is a weakness of this Tbone part.
Yea wish they would have knobs to fit the holes and all would be juuust fine

Yep it's a fundamental flaw given the size of the bumper, there is a lot of leverage there on an impact not helped by the mounting holes being counter sunk with no reinforcement, you have very little meat there to securely hold the bumper in place.

Try putting washers over the holes as a temporary fix. I gave up on any T-bone that looks like a shovel because of the screws pulling through.

I used the Talion T-bone and it doesn't stick out as far. Never pulled through, and I've nose landed multiple times. I agree the kraton bumper seems to be a problem. It's also an ANTI=SPOILER, At speed, the kratopn and Talion T-Bone Bumpers push the front end up, reducing handling at speed.

Any idea if the RPM bumper is compatible with the Voltage Hobby skid plate? I know my Tbone bumper won't work with the skid but maybe RPM will. I've also had Tbone pull through on mh X-Maxx but I do like their stuff (other than this issue). Thanks!

Any idea if the RPM bumper is compatible with the Voltage Hobby skid plate? I know my Tbone bumper won't work with the skid but maybe RPM will. I've also had Tbone pull through on mh X-Maxx but I do like their stuff (other than this issue). Thanks!
Are you putting the Voltage Hobbies skid plate on top of the bumper? I wouldn't think the RPM would work too well because of the ridges. I don't see why you couldn't put it over the T-bone with long enough screws.

So... You want to stack 2 skid plates - things that have a very specific role and fitment - together?

Last edited:

I just received the RPM bumper and the plastic is thick and very sturdy, I don't think and additional skid plate will work or necessary. The RPM design is more of an extended skid plate, there is no flex in this bad boy.

I've had multiple cartwheels and nose dives, even hit a mailbox post at least 20MPH to dead stop with RPM bumper, no damage. It's great.

As for extra chassis plate, not sure why it's necessary, but anything can be made to fit with some cutting.

I have the same issue with the Tbone kraton front bumper. Screws have pulled through and angled it down.

Not a good product. No issue with the rear through or the front and rear Vorza bumpers i'm now using on my Typhon.

Thanks for the reminder, i just emailed T-bone for a replacement. The website says they have "version 2".

Last edited:
Hey guys,

We're sorry to hear about our Kraton bumper not performing well.
We'll look into getting the design updated.

What suggestions do you guy have for an updated design? I've noticed some pictures of our Kraton Thrasher bumpers where the bumpers are flattened out and sticking out way further than they should. The stock angle of the bumper is 120 degrees.

We're always looking for ways to improve our parts and welcome feedback!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!
-TBR

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back