Big Rock Giving up on the 3s platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting 🤔..
It's sad to see you guys having these problems with your 3s rigs ..all's I can do is just read what you all complain about.im just thankful I never got into using my rigs the way most of you do..I'll stick to my street use and enjoy the hobby without replacing broken parts all the time.i yet still haven't heard anyone explain what the bad design is on arrmas part.and what you all think could be a better solution

So the proposition here is that the 3s trucks have flawed designs which make them susceptible to breakage.

The other end of the spectrum are folks who say they have never had major problems with the 3s trucks even driving them hard.

One might ask: how do you rectify these two camps? But then I have to ask myself, do I have to rectify them?

Personally, while there are a bunch of things I moan about on the 3s trucks, there are alot of things that are better than the 6s trucks and a reason why I keep them in my stable. And reasons why I would choose them over the 6s trucks in the right condition. That doesn't mean that I'm "right", at least for someone else. And certainly not for every single condition or circumstances.

There's really no need to argue about whether someone's preferences or experiences are right compared to somebody else's.
Well said

So the proposition here is that the 3s trucks have flawed designs which make them susceptible to breakage.

The other end of the spectrum are folks who say they have never had major problems with the 3s trucks even driving them hard.

One might ask: how do you rectify these two camps? But then I have to ask myself, do I have to rectify them?

Personally, while there are a bunch of things I moan about on the 3s trucks, there are alot of things that are better than the 6s trucks and a reason why I keep them in my stable. And reasons why I would choose them over the 6s trucks in the right condition. That doesn't mean that I'm "right", at least for someone else. And certainly not for every single condition or circumstances.

There's really no need to argue about whether someone's preferences or experiences are right compared to somebody else's.
Agreed well said
Agreed well said
Oh snap warby we both said "well said" 🤟😁👍

Like I mentioned in my post above Arrma knows that the designs are flawed and have tried to band-aide them as best as they can, ie the sleeve on the slipper hub and redesigning the motor module, but without a major redesign of both the issues will still persist.

Get a 6S Typhon or Talion...you won't be disappointed. If you like it rough you can convert a Typhon to a Senton by changing the shock towers and getting the extra support pieces (it's not that expensive to do if you've got a Typhon already). A Senton is basically a Typhon with extra padding and a stronger body...same chassis and drive train. The Senton 6S is (or was since they don't make them anymore) one of the toughest and most durable you can get. It's a little beast similar to the Mojave. Speaking of which...a Mojave ain't a bad idea either.
You don’t need to change the shock towers. I just did the conversion with a V5 Typhon. I only changed the body mounts to create a wider track Senton. It drives and handles amazing!! Much more controllable than my Kraton 6S EXB which would do standing backflips on command, a beast, but on the edge.

Like I mentioned in my post above Arrma knows that the designs are flawed and have tried to band-aide them as best as they can, ie the sleeve on the slipper hub and redesigning the motor module, but without a major redesign of both the issues will still persist.
I guess I don't see your point?

All trucks have their share of flaws, whether the manufacturer recognizes them or not. They "redesigned" the kraton chassis and it still keeps bending in the rear at the same place? So they come out with an "extreme bash option" and it still suffers the same fate? So ultimately your only option is replace with an M2C or similar. How many versions of the kraton are we into already and they still can't get the servo saver to not suck or need adjustments or mods out of the box?

Perhaps not an apples to apples comparison, but basically any truck you get is going to need maintenance or work to run, replacing parts as necessary.

I guess I don't see your point?

All trucks have their share of flaws, whether the manufacturer recognizes them or not. They "redesigned" the kraton chassis and it still keeps bending in the rear at the same place? So they come out with an "extreme bash option" and it still suffers the same fate? So ultimately your only option is replace with an M2C or similar. How many versions of the kraton are we into already and they still can't get the servo saver to not suck or need adjustments or mods out of the box?

Perhaps not an apples to apples comparison, but basically any truck you get is going to need maintenance or work to run, replacing parts as necessary.

My point is the issues with the 3s line cannot be fixed by getting some upgrade part. Your options are homebrew fixes and band aides that do not completely fix the problem. There is a reason that M2C Racing made provisions in their 4s bash bar to allow you to cut a hole in the chassis under the spur. Of course any truck is going to need some sort of maintenance or work at some point but that is irrelevant to flaws in the design. Yes other vehicles have design flaws but for the most part you can fix the flaws without having to redesign the car.

I legit had a 4s kraton with plastic diffs and axles. The axles are still factory ones after 5 years.... diffs i chewed the rears a lot... didnt break a single one since i added hot racing yokes.... 2 years on them... the axles popping off is the clutch being too tight... They make CVD’S for them. Theres also the steel diffs now. Ur issues are solvable
Most of these issues are clutch generated. Thats why i believe these trucks are not beginner friendly a nub just going to lock that thing up when he rebuilds it and destroy diffs, axles and other stuff in the drivetrain. Then will just swear at the truck for being crap. Get a truck with a center diff and ur good. Cant believe arrma is still attacking the budget market with garbage clutch. It works but if the person has no clue of how it should be tightened you already failed arrma
The kraton 4s was the weakest 3s truck to exists. Plastic diffs and axles on 4s. Had ur issues but i solved them and understood why it was failing. Costed me money yes. But it was my first rc car. Learning curve. I have the v2 outcast now just for nostalgia

Since I got the V2 Outcast (release day) I have not run my Maxx once.
But I will say after replacing ALL of the drive line parts and motor mount on the Granite and Big Rock, they are great. But they have more $ in them than they are worth.

I have ran the stock servo in my maxx since new (4 years?), and have NEVER had a problem. I have had to replace all but one stock Arrma servo. I have 7 Arrma rigs.

I have ran the stock servo in my maxx since new (4 years?), and have NEVER had a problem. I have had to replace all but one stock Arrma servo. I have 7 Arrma rigs.
But I will say after replacing ALL of the drive line parts and motor mount on the Granite
Which parts would you recommend need replacing and which brands did you use? Plastic or metal? I've just got a granite blx v3 and I'd rather have the drive train in good working order rather than replacing bits every week.

Buenos dias mi amigo.mira aqui no ha muchas personas espana.tienhas que abalar Englis. Se tienhes un Typhon 3 se podes a cabiar para metal de quarto.pero quidado con El perfusos.eles no sao bueno.buenos sorte.🤟😁👍
Hola amigo, podéis usar el traductor que es lo que hago yo
Saludos

Hola amigo, podéis usar el traductor que es lo que hago yo
Saludos

No trato de ser grosero, pero la mayoría de las personas en este foro hablan inglés, por lo que sería mucho más fácil para usted traducir al inglés que esperar que los otros 30,000+ de nosotros traduzcamos lo que dice al inglés.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back