GKA Kraton rear chassis brace incorrect hole diameter?

sforsancho

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can someone else confirm that the stock Kraton V3 bolt that ties the rear bulkhead to the rear chassis brace should fit right through the upgraded rear GKA chassis brace hole? I'm having an issue with a brace that GKA just shipped to me where the thread of that long bolt fits through but the long shoulder portion does not. Pictures attached to show how far the bolt will fit in.

I can drill this out with a drill press but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting the assembly wrong somehow before I irreparably modify this part

Attachments

Mr.Duke

~ Gray Matter Minimalist ~
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Notorious, Outcast 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
It's a tight fit but should go all the way in. Try a little bit of lubricant and see if it goes in, if not you'll have to drill out to the proper diameter or return to GKA

sforsancho

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Thanks! I drilled it out with a 4.0mm drill bit (that really measures out to 3.97mm). The diameter of the stock bolt shoulder is tiny bit smaller.

Lazy Bushman

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Typhon 3s
I fitted a GKA the same about 2 weeks ago and no problems....you must have got a dud, glad your all good now

bicketybam

RC Grand Champion
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Infraction, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Mojave, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
I have an HR rear brace that was like that. I had to drill it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.