Glue used tires on rim without taking them out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
My Outcast 6s tires are coming undone from the rims. Can I just reglue the area by cleaning it, or is it a lost cause? . Just take it off and clean up the tire completely and do it the right way? Thanks!

My Outcast 6s tires are coming undone from the rims. Can I just reglue the area by cleaning it, or is it a lost cause? . Just take it off and clean up the tire completely and do it the right way? Thanks!
I just gently pull mine away from the rim and add some CA. Hold it in place for a minute or so to keep it bonded well. Get back to bashing. I don’t worry about cleaning or anything unless it’s wet or muddy. You can simply blow away any dust or dirt.

I just gently pull mine away from the rim and add some CA. Hold it in place for a minute or so to keep it bonded well. Get back to bashing. I don’t worry about cleaning or anything unless it’s wet or muddy. You can simply blow away any dust or dirt.
Awesome! Yeah, I haven't seen ran over mud at all. Just dirt and grass. What glue do you use? Thanks! Hehe.

Any CA (cyanoacrylate, superglue etc) will work... You can get RC branded tire glue but I'm not sure if it's any better than the one from your supermarket/hardware store.

Personally I like thinner glue because it bonds instantly. Some usually ends up on my fingers and all over the rims but what the hell.

Btw, even the manual says to check and reglue your tires every X runs ?

This is the stuff I have, but I’m not sure if brand matters. Someone recommended this stuff and it’s worked for me. Some of the more seasoned guys may have a better one ??‍♂️

Bob Smith Industries BSI-130 Ultra-Cure Tire Glue, Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018MV8T92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8j.wDbG602XSB
I said this in another thread but But Smith makes some of the best tire glues available and if you notice a lot of the other brands tire glue is just rebranded BSI.

I like thin CA, it wicks well around the tire and wheel. I tried some Gorilla Glue CA from Lowes and even though it looked thin it was too thick and wouldn't wick right. Ended up being a nightmare, so get the right stuff.

They say Locktite brand (a medium) CA was rated best Then Crazy Glue brand second. I am not sold on the RC specific wheel CA's any longer. The bottles may be made for easy application, etc. But I say overpriced. Some say "foam" friendly CA...I don't believe that. For what its worth.

But I always been checking my tire beads between packs . I had a blow out once because I did not. If you catch a loosening tire from its bead in time, just clean or blow out dirt ,use alcohol , dry it off well and just apply CA as needed when it happens. Usually its because these tires were not glued well from the factory. I find at some point they don't separate any more. I have never had my personally built up wheels and tires come apart in the past.
But now I just get pre-mounts and they are always separating at the beads. No matter the brand. PL or others are badly glued. Not enough CA or incomplete around the bead. I prefer building my own wheels. But most basher wheels and tires are pre-mounts these days except for Hardcore Track wheels and tires. Mini pins, etc for groomed tracks. The competitive track guys almost always build their wheels and tires. They leave nothing to chance a DNF.

Last edited:
I use DA on a q-tip to clean the spot of the tire and wheel the best I can, then reglue. I really like AKA tire glue. The bottle has a nice lid that has a pin in it to keep it from clogging and they include a small pipette that you cut 5mm off or so and stick that in the end of the bottle then throw away. I keep my CA in the fridge. Seems to keep it from curing longer when I'm not using it.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try out the loctite medium too see what happens. Hehehe.

All tire glues are just CA, in various degrees of thickness, and thicker ones set slower. Packaging makes it easier to dispense around the bead of a tire. Since I don't build tires anymore, I don't buy tire specific glue anymore. And they cost so much more for the same results. To me Lockite or any available CA is fine for touch up repairs on Pre-Mounts.
But different brands use different additives in addition to the active ingredient Cyanoacrylate (CA), so some work better than others. I find that the Gels don't cure fast enough for my liking. IMO. On more humid days, CA tends to set much faster. Moisture helps accelerate curing. CA is based on that principal.

Last edited:
All tire glues are just CA, in various degrees of thickness, and thicker ones set slower. Packaging makes it easier to dispense around the bead of a tire. Since I don't build tires anymore, I don't buy tire specific glue anymore. And they cost so much more for the same results. To me Lockite or any available CA is fine for touch up repairs on Pre-Mounts.
But different brands use different additives in addition to the active ingredient Cyanoacrylate (CA), so some work better than others. I find that the Gels don't cure fast enough for my liking. IMO. On more humid days, CA tends to set much faster. Moisture helps accelerate curing. CA is based on that principal.
Have you ever tried BSI IC-2000? It's rubberized ca glue, works wonders for repairing torn tires.

Have you ever tried BSI IC-2000? It's rubberized ca glue, works wonders for repairing torn tires.
I could def. see a use for that type of CA.(y) Repairing ripped tires etc. with regular CA doesn't last long because it dries brittle and tears up again. I will look into that.:)
Bob Smith Ind. makes good stuff. Ive had another type of their CA product before. Well known brand.
I just put a bottle of BSI IC-2000 in my Amazon cart. Thanks. Seems like a must have.(y)

Great info. So when your tires wear out, do you just buy a different pre-installed tire/rim or do you just replace the tire? Thanks!

Dismounting an old tire from a wheel can be tough. But can be done. The wheels should be in good re-usable condition to make it worth the effort. They have to be clean of any old rubber and CA to be effectively re-glued to a new tire. Can be time consuming and messy. But also can save you money.(y)That's why people go with pre-mounts or buy new wheels and new tires separately and glue them. Fast and easy. Premounts cost only a little more. But again I feel aren't the best when glued at manufacturing. IMO.
I just find that when you glue your own tires and wheels, they rarely come apart. But I've been gluing wheels for many years back when Pre-mounts were not commonly found like today. Many excellent videos on tire gluing and dismounting.

Last edited:
Dismounting an old tire from a wheel can be tough. But can be done. The wheels should be in good re-usable condition to make it worth the effort. They have to be clean of any old rubber and CA to be effectively re-glued to a new tire. Can be time consuming and messy. But also can save you money.(y)That's why people go with pre-mounts or buy new wheels and new tires separately and glue them. Fast and easy. Premounts cost only a little more. But again I feel aren't the best when glued at manufacturing. IMO.
I just find that when you glue your own tires and wheels, they rarely come apart. But I've been gluing wheels for many years back when Pre-mounts were not commonly found like today. Many excellent videos on tire gluing and dismounting.
I agree Premounts are fast and easy, but I've always perferred to glue my own, provided I could get the wheels I like.

I agree. And also you have to make sure the tires and wheels play nice together. Mixing and matching different brand wheels and tires can also be a problem sometimes. I try to stay with the same brand wheel and tire mfr.(y)(y)

I could def. see a use for that type of CA.(y) Repairing ripped tires etc. with regular CA doesn't last long because it dries brittle and tears up again. I will look into that.:)
Bob Smith Ind. makes good stuff. Ive had another type of their CA product before. Well known brand.
I just put a bottle of BSI IC-2000 in my Amazon cart. Thanks. Seems like a must have.(y)
Make sure you get the 1oz bottle not the 1/2oz, the 1oz bottle is seriously only a few bucks more than the 1/2oz.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back