Glue used tires on rim without taking them out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dismounting an old tire from a wheel can be tough. But can be done. The wheels should be in good re-usable condition to make it worth the effort. They have to be clean of any old rubber and CA to be effectively re-glued to a new tire. Can be time consuming and messy. But also can save you money.(y)That's why people go with pre-mounts or buy new wheels and new tires separately and glue them. Fast and easy. Premounts cost only a little more. But again I feel aren't the best when glued at manufacturing. IMO.
I just find that when you glue your own tires and wheels, they rarely come apart. But I've been gluing wheels for many years back when Pre-mounts were not commonly found like today. Many excellent videos on tire gluing and dismounting.
Well I went bashing today and a section of the tire fell apart. Oops. There goes the re glue part. I'll probably go to the LHS and just try to get either one premount wheel/tire or two. Shucks.

Any CA (cyanoacrylate, superglue etc) will work... You can get RC branded tire glue but I'm not sure if it's any better than the one from your supermarket/hardware store.

Personally I like thinner glue because it bonds instantly. Some usually ends up on my fingers and all over the rims but what the hell.

Btw, even the manual says to check and reglue your tires every X runs ?
I tried gorrila super glue and it didn't work ?. I bought the Bob Smith one which was only a few bucks more than the gorilla glue. We'll see what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back