Glue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Hagan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
  2. 4x4-Mega
Unfortunately this happened the other day. What kind of glue do you guys use for new tires? Or just to reglue if one pops off the bead?

Attachments

• 1FB4379F-1EC7-405C-B180-A42A056A7153.jpeg
    1FB4379F-1EC7-405C-B180-A42A056A7153.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 58
Have you got the foam that came out?

You need ca glue or super glue, there are tyre glues, but the standard stuff usually works well, avoid gel types they seem to let go sooner and don't stick as well to start with.

If you're trying to salvage these tyres, don't get any glue on the foam, wear gloves and use tiny amounts of glue as you bring thr gap closed. Order yourself a new set of tyres even just two and keep the extra as a spare, they won't last long like this. I've repaired a hole like that and the tyre will never be the same again.

Have you got the foam that came out?

You need ca glue or super glue, there are tyre glues, but the standard stuff usually works well, avoid gel types they seem to let go sooner and don't stick as well to start with.

If you're trying to salvage these tyres, don't get any glue on the foam, wear gloves and use tiny amounts of glue as you bring thr gap closed. Order yourself a new set of tyres even just two and keep the extra as a spare, they won't last long like this. I've repaired a hole like that and the tyre will never be the same again.
No the foam ripped to pieces. I'm not trying to salvage it I ordered a set of two. But my back tire is coming off bead so I want to put the two new ones on and reglue the back one and use it as my spare if needed.

Bob Smith makes as good of tire glue as any - Bob Smith RC tire glue

In most cases, the glue bond is stronger than the tire itself.
Exactly, but the shape and balance isn't always as good, it's mostly the foam that isn't ever the same.
No the foam ripped to pieces. I'm not trying to salvage it I ordered a set of two. But my back tire is coming off bead so I want to put the two new ones on and reglue the back one and use it as my spare if needed.
You can sometimes just rest the foam inside and carefully glue it all up and see how it goes, don't get glue on the foam.

May I ask, did you have water in the tyre? Check out tyre venting and @BicketyBams latest video on removing water from tyres. Water is the one of the biggest killers of tyres, but if they are vented it's rarely an issue. Just cover the inner holes(gorilla tape works really well) and drill the outer surface with a sharpened brass rod 1/8 or 3/16 in at least 2 locations with opposing holes.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back