Talion GMP Upgrades!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCklir

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
hey all,

Recently i came back to bashing after a period of quad-racing and i thought that a great way to get me 'back on the horse' is some nice upgrades.
I had GPM upgrades on my TT MT4 and was very happy with them, when i saw there is upgrades for my Talion i jumped on the option.
For now my budget allowed me to upgrade the front shocks, both shocktowers and front body brace. (when i get more parts i will update).
In time i will update on how they holdup .

Here is my videos showing the upgrades and how to install them.

C Y

I have mixed feelings about GPM. The dogbanes for the Kraton are a "No" as they are slightly shorter than stock. I ditched them and went back to stock as they were popping regularly. The knuckles themselves seem good but the hole in the plastic screw on the rear is just under 5mm (stock is 5mm) and the plastic is quite soft and if miss thread one like I did you make a mess of the thin o-ring. That said they still seem to be holding. I have some rear knuckles I haven't put on yet but they look good.

I'll be keen to get your thoughts on the shocks when you've run them for a bit.

I have a Kraton V2, Outcast V2 and since recently a Typhon V3. I've sold a Senton V2 to buy the Typhon.

I started with upgrading my cars by using upgrades from the high end manufacturers like Hot Racing, GKA Customs and voltage Hobbies. Ofcourse those are the best, but also expensive. And since I live in the Netherlands, most international orders will be intercepted by customs. Especially packages from the USA, packages from China mostly come through without problems. So I will get additional VAT charges and customs charges when I order from GKA, Voltage Hobbies etc which is always a bummer. So I started looking into GPM parts from Aliexpress. Their stuff is pretty good also, and in most cases it will cost around half the price compared to the higher grade stuff. I have the GPM steering knuckles on my Arrma Outcast and I cannot notice any differences with the Hot Racing ones on my Arrma Kraton. I also bought the +13mm hex adapters, the front lower expension mount and the aluminum diff case. That last one has the exact same dimensions as the Hot Racing one which is twice as expensive.

I also bought this part, which is good also but the one from Voltage Hobbies is a lot more sturdy for sure.

https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/arr...upper-arms-4pc-set-gpm-mak007-p-90085026.html

I think if you choose your parts carefully there a a lot of nice parts to choose from made by GPM. I wouldn't use the driveshafts myself, and I'm curious how the shocks perform. I'm very happy with the Arrma shocks in my cars. I've upgraded the Kraton and Outcast V2 cars with V3 shocks. Now I don't need stiffer Tekno "orange"springs like I used to with the V2 shocks. Only the Typhon needs stiffer springs because the V3 Typhon still has too weak springs. I went for Team Durango springs on that one.

I put a bunch of GPM parts on my Granite. I'd say the experience was a mixed bag. Everything fit well enough, but there were a few 'rough edges' that kept coming up. My biggest problem was that the axle carriers/hubs and the steering rack were very difficult to get tightened down without binding. The design and bushings they used just weren't very good at keeping the tension of the mounting screws from locking the parts up solid. I hope my thread locker is good, because I am relying HEAVILY on it to keep my steering rack together! Another issue was that I had an A-arm set that came with hinge pins that were too large to fit into the bushings. I'm sure they just grabbed the wrong set of pins and tossed them in the bag (it happens), but it was still disappointing and I wasn't about to wait two week for the correct set to be shipped over from China. I ended up finding one that would work in my spare parts pile. Lastly, I had one part that just wasn't machined correctly. There was a pocket that a bushing was supposed to sit in, but there was no way that busing was going to go in without smashing the whole part. I ended up using a file to enlarge the side of the pocket that was out of whack and got it to fit, but it doesn't look pretty!

It isn't all bad though. The price is certainly reasonable and the color matched what I saw on my PC screen pretty darn well. Also, everything I've put on hasn't broken or come loose on me yet. The steering rack and carriers/hubs did also get rid of a whole lot of the slop I had left in the steering, which was really what I wanted. If I had it to do all over again, I probably wouldn't buy the steering rack (I think there are better ones out there), but I'd be OK with the rest of it. The Hubs, Carriers, and A-Arms all work well enough and were cheap enough that I'm willing to overlook their imperfections. I don't expect things to be perfect, just good enough for the money I paid!

Put the stock shock towers back on trust me. The stock shock tower lasted much much longer.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/gmp-rods-ends-and-turn-buckles.10614/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/gpm-racing-aluminum-parts.4819/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/gpm-bell-crank-and-lazy-turn.8343/
These are just threads off of this forum, they make parts for a lot of other cars so imagine how many posts like this there are for those vehicles.

Long story short I would only buy their axle carriers and diff cups.

XGf0LF7.jpg

Last edited:
Those shock towers are very thin compared to the Voltage Hobbies ones. I think the aluminum
they choose is also from a lower quality. The voltage hobbies shock towers are made out of 7075 aluminum, which is "airplane grade" aluminum. Very strong!

Those shock towers are very thin compared to the Voltage Hobbies ones. I think the aluminum
they choose is also from a lower quality. The voltage hobbies shock towers are made out of 7075 aluminum, which is "airplane grade" aluminum. Very strong!
Voltage is machined GPM uses cast unknown grade aluminum in their products.
The GMP hate is strong in here ?
Not really hate when so many of their products are not worth buying.
Remember the luck you had with the Hot Racing stuff on your Granite? Gpm uses a lower quality aluminum than Hot Racing so imagine what happens to the GPM stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back