Typhon Go 4s or 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried googling the batteries and couldn't find them. Can you post a picture?

You can't find them because they are from my local rc hobby shop. They are their own. I have a picture down here ????
Btw, they are 50C continuous, and 100C burst
20190503_095934.jpg

Yup, those are my batteries. They are from my local rc hobby shop.

Well, the batteries fit into the battery tray, but at top of each other. If I try to put on the body, it doesn't fit because the battery stack is too high.

But thank you for willing to help!
The battery tray can fit up to 71mm I think. but because of the body you can only fit 51mm. So a lot of batteries over 5000mah you will have trouble getting the body on if at all. The other 6s models don't have this issue. They have more battery clearance.

The battery tray can fit up to 71mm I think. but because of the body you can only fit 51mm. So a lot of batteries over 5000mah you will have trouble getting the body on if at all. The other 6s models don't have this issue. They have more battery clearance.

Yes, i know, I can put the battery slider completely up, but then the body won't fit. ? A bit disappointing.....

Yes, i know, I can put the battery slider completely up, but then the body won't fit. ? A bit disappointing.....

The batteries you have aren't suited to your Typhon. If the shop knew they were for a 6s Typhon then I'd take that up with the shop.

The batteries you have aren't suited to your Typhon. If the shop knew they were for a 6s Typhon then I'd take that up with the shop.

Yup, but the thing is, at first I ordered a 3s Typhon but that wasn't in stock anymore (for about 3 months). So I ordered an 6s Typhon. But the batteries I ordered (with the intent to put them in the 3s Typhon) were two 3s lipo's. They would fit in the 6s. A week later I got a phone call, telling me that the batteries I ordered also weren't in stock anymore. So they sent me bigger ones, and I asked would they both fit in my 6s at the same time? And they said yes, turns out they don't... ☹
But I think 6s would be too fast for the areas i drive in, so it's fine. But i do want to buy another 4s.

But now, I have another question. So I run BLX185 on a single 3s now. Is it possible to tune the punch? Or will it draw too many amps then?

My batteries are RCR RACING lipo, 3s, 50C, 5400 mAh
punch will not make a huge difference. For 3s, what you want to change is the gearing. The lowest voltage you run the higher gearing you want - to compensate for the lack of speed.

punch will not make a huge difference. For 3s, what you want to change is the gearing. The lowest voltage you run the higher gearing you want - to compensate for the lack of speed.

But the high speed pinion is not ment for constant accelerating and braking and I do want to ride more offroad since I also have an on road rc car.

On 6s maybe. It’s ok on 3s.
Also note that the high speed pinion on the v4 is 20t, which is indeed high. But the v3 comes with 16t I think. Which most people here run something similar if not higher even on 6s anyway.

Check the temps. I don’t think it will be an issue.

On 6s maybe. It’s ok on 3s.
Also note that the high speed pinion on the v4 is 20t, which is indeed high. But the v3 comes with 16t I think. Which most people here run something similar if not higher even on 6s anyway.

Check the temps. I don’t think it will be an issue.

The v3 standard has a 14t pinion, but I fo want to bash my car more than doing speedruns

The v3 standard has a 14t pinion, but I fo want to bash my car more than doing speedruns
I meant the high speed gear is 16t on the v3 (which was over conservative) but 20t on the v4. Which only proves how conservative was the v3. As the car didn’t really change.

6S alllll the way!!!! If this was Traxxas(plastic fantastic) then yeah stay save with 3s or 4s.

But please make sure to have a wide open space if this is the first time.

I'm consider myself not a rookie anymore but yeah.... let the pictures speak for themselves.

20190501_203840.jpg
20190504_131727.jpg

6S alllll the way!!!! If this was Traxxas(plastic fantastic) then yeah stay save with 3s or 4s.

But please make sure to have a wide open space if this is the first time.

I'm consider myself not a rookie anymore but yeah.... let the pictures speak for themselves.

Haha, i have seen your thread, you said you hit a wall? ?

Depends on where you're running. We have a small (50x25?) figure 8 track, and 4s is plenty. 6s is really only good for seeing how far into the street you land after hucking. It's also a pretty good match for my bro's 3S Tenacity DB.

Feels pretty good having a 6S capable bruiser chugging along at 2/3 power.

Yup, but the thing is, at first I ordered a 3s Typhon but that wasn't in stock anymore (for about 3 months). So I ordered an 6s Typhon. But the batteries I ordered (with the intent to put them in the 3s Typhon) were two 3s lipo's. They would fit in the 6s. A week later I got a phone call, telling me that the batteries I ordered also weren't in stock anymore. So they sent me bigger ones, and I asked would they both fit in my 6s at the same time? And they said yes, turns out they don't... ☹
But I think 6s would be too fast for the areas i drive in, so it's fine. But i do want to buy another 4s.

That local store in Kaatsheuvel isn't so great with advice unfortunately.
Also been there to buy an typhon but the just want to sell traxxas...

Also give the wrong advice about chargers and stuff ,they just want to sell in my opinion.

By the way, enjoy your 6s ! There great !

That local store in Kaatsheuvel isn't so great with advice unfortunately.
Also been there to buy an typhon but the just want to sell traxxas...

Also give the wrong advice about chargers and stuff ,they just want to sell in my opinion.

By the way, enjoy your 6s ! There great !

Yes I know their service really isn't the best. But anyways I got my car, that's what matters. And it is okay to get to know the car with 3s, but I'm already willing to go faster, Haha ?

Attachments

• 20190504_211402.jpg
    20190504_211402.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190504_215822.jpg
    20190504_215822.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 39
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back