Typhon Go to Replacement Controller/transmitter for arrma typhon BLX185 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there
Just wondering what the best price to performance RC Controller is for the ARRMA TYPHON 6S BLX185

I bought a dumborc x6 with gyro but I could not get it to work right.
binded fine plugged in correctly, programmed throttle and steering via instructions. steering would work fine but throttle would stick on. not respond sometimes. not stop. worst was when Turing off remote (Dumborc x6) rc car would just go to 100% throttle. Scary to think having no control.

I tried this Dumbo in my wltoys 124017 and works fine I dunno what I did wrong.

What is the best price/performance rc controller on the market that just works with the blx185 esc 6s not looking to break the bank lol

looking at

Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro Receiver 2.4GHz Surface Remote Controller
FLYSKY (FS-GT3C) 3CH 2.4 GHz Surface Transmitter with GR3F Receiver
HOBBYMATE Flysky FS GT5 RC Transmitter with FS BS6 Gyro Receiver

I like the idea of gyro but never used it leaning towards Radiolink rc4gs if works with blx185 6s

any info would be great. I just want a better conroller that came with the blx arrma 6s feels so bad but works lol
Just want a controller that wont bug out on me and work as intended

thank you for your time

I have experience w the rc4gs in the V2. I wished it had a timer. The v3 has it. I’m so bummed

Anyway it works fine and is good. Gyro is has to be turned on at receiver. But works fine. It shouldn’t matter what brand car or esc. I’ve had it in my arrma, traxxas, tekno.

Get the radiolink, it is the answer to your question and the gyro aint bad either.

I just run the stock setup. SLT3 is a pretty comfortable radio.

Yeah just scary to think about 😳
Mine stock is stx200 I think

Oof yea that is an older one. The stock SLT3 and receiver is under 25$ on Jenny's but I hear Radio Link is good too.

I have just never had a problem with the SLT3. I like the DX3 as well but I hardly ever use AVC (gyro). I usually forget to turn it off and then crash into something because the car won't turn! :ROFLMAO:

Lol built tough can handle some crashes
yeah picked up a blx 185 6s typhon s/h
Have no idea what gen it is.
Coming from wltoys whole new league lol

NEVER TURN OFF TRANSMITTER WHILE CAR IS STILL POWERED ON. ALWAYS power on transmitter first and power on car second. ALWAYS power off car first and power off transmitter second. NO EXCEPTIONS !!!!!!!

I know I shouldn't but sometimes I turn my car on first and radio off first and I've never had a single problem. Must be a Radiolink thing. :ROFLMAO:

yeah I just don't think having the car go too 100% turning off receiver on dumborc x6 is acceptable it a safety hazard :oops::eek::eek:.
think im gonna order the Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro Receiver 2.4GHz Surface Remote Controller.
cant have all the dumbrc x6 bugs.

weird thing dumborc x6 works fine my wltoys 124017 v2 :unsure:

yeah I just don't think having the car go too 100% turning off receiver on dumborc x6 is acceptable it a safety hazard :oops::eek::eek:.
think im gonna order the Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro Receiver 2.4GHz Surface Remote Controller.
cant have all the dumbrc x6 bugs.

weird thing dumborc x6 works fine my wltoys 124017 v2 :unsure:
The car going 100% when you turn off the transmitter with the car still powered on is not a DumboRC bug. That is a normal consequence to you doing things the wrong way. You should never have the car powered on without the transmitter already being powered on.

im not after an argument. yes will do what you said. still doesn't explain the rest issues I was having.
throttle would stick on. not respond sometimes laggy. not stop.
done all calibrations

im not after an argument. yes will do what you said. still doesn't explain the rest issues I was having.
throttle would stick on. not respond sometimes laggy. not stop.
done all calibrations
Not arguing either. Sometimes you get what you pay for. DumboRC transmitters are cheap for a reason. A lot of people have great luck with them but I wouldn't trust my $600 rig with a $42 transmitter. You will be better off with the Radiolink or Flysky transmitter. Still on the lower end of transmitters but much better than the DumboRC or Tactic STX200.

Thank you for your reply really appreciate it.

Yep I’m going to order a radio link.
Need to trust your transmitter

Thank you for your help.

Not arguing either. Sometimes you get what you pay for. DumboRC transmitters are cheap for a reason. A lot of people have great luck with them but I wouldn't trust my $600 rig with a $42 transmitter. You will be better off with the Radiolink or Flysky transmitter. Still on the lower end of transmitters but much better than the DumboRC or Tactic STX200.

Yup fully understand sorry
Which transmitter do you recommend?
Thank you

I am using the Fkysky (although the B version). I had it lying around and had got it free, and my car took a swim, frying the RX. Used to get it out of a bind and was so impressed I have kept using it. I think I'll modify it with a LiPo (loads of guides online) and keep using it.

It has all the functions I need, feels nice in the hand and the screen is nice and easy to use. I was skeptical when I googled it and saw the price, but they have a large following online and I can see why tbh

Turn off controller typhon 6s goes full speed be like 😳😑😬
Agree that getting what you pay for maybe part of the issue. However, any modern transmitter or receiver ought to have failsafe option to avoid corporate liability alone. It may be that you need to set the failsafe. I believe that spektrum, for example, are set when you bind. It may be a simple thing like that. I have zero experience w dumbo RC but If I am going to bother replacing a transmitter, I want more functions since they're so inexpensive. I like having a back light on tx screen (v2 has that) and my new (to me) dx5 rugged doesn't have it on by default. gotta check it out in the manual. Some of these manuals suck. The radiolink V2 manual is pretty slim.

Agree that getting what you pay for maybe part of the issue. However, any modern transmitter or receiver ought to have failsafe option to avoid corporate liability alone. It may be that you need to set the failsafe. I believe that spektrum, for example, are set when you bind. It may be a simple thing like that. I have zero experience w dumbo RC but If I am going to bother replacing a transmitter, I want more functions since they're so inexpensive. I like having a back light on tx screen (v2 has that) and my new (to me) dx5 rugged doesn't have it on by default. gotta check it out in the manual. Some of these manuals suck. The radiolink V2 manual is pretty slim.
Thank you for your help looking at dx3 smart
I am using the Fkysky (although the B version). I had it lying around and had got it free, and my car took a swim, frying the RX. Used to get it out of a bind and was so impressed I have kept using it. I think I'll modify it with a LiPo (loads of guides online) and keep using it.

It has all the functions I need, feels nice in the hand and the screen is nice and easy to use. I was skeptical when I googled it and saw the price, but they have a large following online and I can see why tbh
Oh really thank you for your input

Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro​

Currently looking at

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back