GoForIt Forum Gone?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
The day has come, when I was trying to get to the go for it forum to recruit some new members the place has shut down :eek:

they now promote us, and the popular facebook pages, quite cool and expect new members then!

"Dear ARRMA fan,

After careful consideration, we have decided to close the ARRMA Go For It forum. Over the past few months, a growing number of independent ARRMA forums have become increasingly popular. As such, we feel that in order to deliver the most up-to-date news, views and peer opinions about ARRMA products, the list of approved independent ARRMA forums (below) should become THE places for you to share your ARRMA experiences."

And here is the web page photo:

Arrma Forum.jpg

We are the only forum recommended.

Well done Woodie

I felt like I was an inmate at Shutter Island at Go For It.
Time to stick a fork in it.
Thx again to @ajdragon for steering me here!

Manufacturer sponsored/run communities always present a problem with being unbiased and/or conflict of interest. Threads that are critical of the brand and/or its products can be censored (which IMO makes it even worse). It's one of the reasons I stopped participating on the Traxxas forums a while back.

This shouldn't be an under-estimated decision by ARRMA/Hobbico, its a HUGE show of faith and trust to not just shutter its own community but to instead promote independently run ones. It means that (someone, somewhere in the company) understands that while manufacturing and/or products are not 'perfect', they know that they do the right thing by their customers and aren't afraid to let an unbiased community of customers and fans represent them.

Ultimately just one additional reason that for the foreseeable future, my purchases will be ARRMA.

Hell yea!...Well done @WoodiE ,@Unusual RC and @mrbelloso ...:)

Not speaking for the other two, but solely for myself: I totally disagree with you, Aflan! :(

I personally put a lot of effort in that forum, and I was busy getting some data over to this forum, which contained helpful information for beginners.

Now it is lost forever!:mad:

I see this as a marketing decision, since a lot of negative experiences could be found there.

I am happy this forum was founded by WoodIE, but I am not happy with this move from Arrma
!

Not speaking for the other two, but solely for myself: I totally disagree with you, Aflan! :(

I personally put a lot of effort in that forum, and I was busy getting some data over to this forum, which contained helpful information for beginners.

Now it is lost forever!:mad:

I see this as a marketing decision, since a lot of negative experiences could be found there.

I am happy this forum was founded by WoodIE, but I am not happy with this move from Arrma
!

I understand your frustration... :oops:
Perhaps you could mail Arrma and ask for a data-dump or copy of the forum to pillage?...I am fully willing to help you shiv through the data...o_O
But I still stand with my previous post...You 3 are doing a brilliant job...:)

Okay, well not you perhaps...You are one obnoxious wise-ass dude from the west, who looks done on us in the east...But you are doing your best...And I respect you for it...:D

BtW, when will you drive through the paper-wall near Utrecht and do some bashing over here?...:p

Erik
aka Aflan...

yeah..I noticed that forum was gone some time ago...I joined that forum and this one at the same time...I mirrored all my posts...but I quickly just stopped using the go for it forum because I liked this one better. ..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back