Typhon Going for the long jump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I finished up my M2C Racing chassis swap yesterday and today I decided to give it a little test run. I've always wondered how far I can jump the Arrma trucks so I got out all the necessary equipment!
20190414_123341.jpg

I ran dual 3s Turnigy Graphene packs, 5000mAh. They are really big and heavy and just barely fit in the tray. After many attempts the best I could manage was 60' and it came on a back flip.

20190414_125156.jpg

The ground isn't level so it was probably more like 57 or 58 feet. I'm going to see how far I can get my other 6s trucks (Notorious, Kraton, Talion). Right now I think the ling distance champ will be the Talion. It is bone stock and therefore the lightest of them all. What do you guys think? The Kraton is really heavy and the Noto isn't too far behind it. I'll keep you posted ??

Nice jump, typhon is a beast. Didn’t know you had a talion, that will be my next arrma.

Nice jump, typhon is a beast. Didn’t know you had a talion, that will be my next arrma.
I picked it up on Friday. I’ll have a video up tomorrow.

I finished up my M2C Racing chassis swap yesterday and today I decided to give it a little test run. I've always wondered how far I can jump the Arrma trucks so I got out all the necessary equipment!
View attachment 35455

I ran dual 3s Turnigy Graphene packs, 5000mAh. They are really big and heavy and just barely fit in the tray. After many attempts the best I could manage was 60' and it came on a back flip.

View attachment 35456
The ground isn't level so it was probably more like 57 or 58 feet. I'm going to see how far I can get my other 6s trucks (Notorious, Kraton, Talion). Right now I think the ling distance champ will be the Talion. It is bone stock and therefore the lightest of them all. What do you guys think? The Kraton is really heavy and the Noto isn't too far behind it. I'll keep you posted ??
60 feet! The Notorious is probably out of the running as it would likely twist and turn in the air. The Kraton stock and the Talion would likely be similar. The Kraton with the M2C might have an advantage, as the added weight might actually work to propel it further, and keep it flat off the ramp. My guess is 75 feet. Just under for the stock Talion.

Hey, I just picked up the Typhon and man I dislike the tires. What size and type do you have on yours?
Proline Badlands buggy tires. I love them. Excellent grip in dirt and I can easily rotate the truck in the air. Will destroy your lawn, lol.

60 feet! The Notorious is probably out of the running as it would likely twist and turn in the air. The Kraton stock and the Talion would likely be similar. The Kraton with the M2C might have an advantage, as the added weight might actually work to propel it further, and keep it flat off the ramp. My guess is 75 feet. Just under for the stock Talion.

I don’t think I’ll see much farther with any of my other trucks. Certainly not another 15 feet, but we’ll see ?

First time poster and new Talion owner... looking for 2 x 3s batteries (so that I can run them in other RC cars for the kids) and noticed your above quote.

Are these the ones you have?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-3s-45c-w-xt90.html

hobbyking is easiest at the moment for me. Just wanted to make sure they would fit. Also need to figure out best way to make myself a ramp...

60 feet is impressive...

Thanks!

First time poster and new Talion owner... looking for 2 x 3s batteries (so that I can run them in other RC cars for the kids) and noticed your above quote.

Are these the ones you have?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-3s-45c-w-xt90.html

hobbyking is easiest at the moment for me. Just wanted to make sure they would fit. Also need to figure out best way to make myself a ramp...

60 feet is impressive...

Thanks!
Mine are 65C discharge rate, so no. Those are different. This is what mine looks like:
20190415_101535.jpg

NP. I have a video on my YouTube channel testing them out.

This just changed my mind. I'm going buggy not truggy. Thanks bro. Took my Typhon out to Ridgefield last weekend. 1st time I've been wide open with the Typhon. It was a blast. Tires wouldn't bite on the dirt hence the inquiry on the badlands, but on the street they are ok.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back