Kraton Going frankenstein with 6s kraton shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannonwolf

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
O.K. so this is where I'm at right now. I have decided to double up the shocks on my 6s Kraton v5. Currently have the stock set in stock position and a set of GPM dual spring rate shocks in the secondary mounting location on the tower and attached with a bolt and a stop nut through the new hole I drilled into the front of the arm until I get a pivot ball to properly mount it. Am I correct in assuming that for best results I will need to have matching shocks, springs and oil? At least side to side if not front to back. If that makes any sense. Also trying to figure out how to mount the second set on the front without grinding the chassis or bumper.

received_769765203899144.jpeg

This is cool. Another alternative is to use an infraction spring on top of the factory. That said you would have one shock body per corner and two springs.

I'm thinking, get another set of gpm's for the rear and another 2 sets for the front and go with slightly softer springs so that it doesn't stiffen up Too much. Maybe some Scorcher hardened shock shafts.

Can I ask...............

...............:why???

Can I ask...............

...............:why???
I mean..... I guess in the end I would say, because I had a wild hair, some extra parts, the need to stay awake at the time (I work nights so my sleep schedule gets hinky on days off.), And just a tiny swimming pool of curiosity and theories. Also I guess, I could, so I did. Lol.
My general theory was more shocks=more weight/impact distribution for landing mid to heavy jumps without slapping the crap out of the chassis every time. Whether that's what I'll get at the end of this evolving project or just a kraton taco, has yet to be seen. Any advice or input is welcome and appreciated. Even if it's just laughing at the audacity/futility. What's the weirdest/most pointless build you've ever done? Did it work?
My next project is to add fpv and build a track around the house.

I think it will take away from the structural integrity of the lower control arm. I respect what you are wanting to do and say go for it. That said in theory you will need to have a decent ballance between the two so when in the compression stroke the arm doesn't want to twist. With that your on to something most won't attempt. Good luck my friend. Also don't forget infraction springs on top of the factory shocks and fluid according. May you be blessed dude. Post up your results. 🍻🍻🍻

I think it will take away from the structural integrity of the lower control arm. I respect what you are wanting to do and say go for it. That said in theory you will need to have a decent ballance between the two so when in the compression stroke the arm doesn't want to twist. With that your on to something most won't attempt. Good luck my friend. Also don't forget infraction springs on top of the factory shocks and fluid according. May you be blessed dude. Post up your results. 🍻🍻🍻
Definitely going to take a lot of trial and error. Thanks for the encouragement and advice!

No prob man. Im all for folks stepping out and creating there own solutions and making things work. Seems to be a lost art. These days everyone's all call this person he makes parts or will repair it for you. Kudos to your success in this💯🍻

I thought of doing this ,never did thou. My mojave xl is in need of something. I tried bout everything,but duel setup. Thats what I love about this hobby...trying new an different things ..👍👍👍

I wouldn't spend money on any dual setup. You can always dial in a single setup. Do not fall into the GPM/Integy trap, those shocks are the worst, good luck bleeding them, it will keep you busy.
I'm all for tinkering but you will not be making any improvements, in this case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back