Infraction Going to buy an infraction , Will the Felony Body fit on it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fugitivelama

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
New to the hobby in general. First RC is a (don't kill me) Traxxas E-Revo 2.0. It's a ton of fun but I want to try a real RC now lol. Was thinking I am pretty much definitely going to buy an Infraction. I do however like the body of the felony better. Will I be able to buy a Felony body and put it on my infraction?I don't mind making modifications to the body or mounts.

It will fit but you will need to swap quite a few things. The thing that makes this swap not as straight forward is the rear wheels of the felony vs infraction. Because the felony rears are larger and wider the Infraction rear wheels end up sitting super tucked inside the felony body and look small inside the wheel well so it just ends up looking a bit awkward. Then you can't just throw felony rear tires on it without swapping the rear diff for the felony diff because the felony rear wheels require a different rear diff gear ratio.

I actually did this conversion and it wasn't as straight forward as I first thought but if you want to know more about how I did it and what I encountered you can see my build thread:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...y-conversion-w-too-many-bells-whistles.28217/

Yes but I think with different body mounts. But yes, They are the same chassis, The rear track is a bit wider with a Felony. Wider rear wheels and all. So, the Felony body will be wider over the Infr. rear Hoons Wheels.
And you cant put the Fel. rear wheels on the Infr. Unless you also change to the Fel. rear diff. Got it???

@suchtragedy beat me to the punch:LOL:

As well as everything above, to complete the look you'll want the Felony's F/R lexan diffusers, the rear wing, the front foam and the front splitter (although this last one doesn't look to be that different to the Infraction's)

A lot more work than just slapping the body on!

Really appreciate the replies. I guess that would defeat the purpose of getting the infraction then though. I have read that the infraction handles better since the rear doesn't slip out as easily. Swapping the tires and diff would make it basically handle like the felony right? Essentially the same as putting a handbrake on the felony no? I enjoy doing the mods , but I am still fairly new and I think the handling(felony) might be rough for me. Maybe down the road when I get more comfortable with the stock infraction setup. I don't hate the infraction body so I guess ill just stick with it.

Again thanks for the replies and I will definitely use that build thread should I ever try it out.

Really appreciate the replies. I guess that would defeat the purpose of getting the infraction then though. I have read that the infraction handles better since the rear doesn't slip out as easily. Swapping the tires and diff would make it basically handle like the felony right? Essentially the same as putting a handbrake on the felony no? I enjoy doing the mods , but I am still fairly new and I think the handling(felony) might be rough for me. Maybe down the road when I get more comfortable with the stock infraction setup. I don't hate the infraction body so I guess ill just stick with it.

Again thanks for the replies and I will definitely use that build thread should I ever try it out.
Maybe you just need a cooler paint job on the infraction body?
I like the look of the felony and the infraction and can’t say I prefer one over the other but when dressed up properly they both look awesome
These are mine

1C21B004-0645-4F8F-A2B1-9659D28D7675.jpeg

431B33AB-2021-47D4-A655-E98AD64FC751.jpeg

146C177B-F6E3-4E32-8193-55986BC4BFF5.jpeg

94F8C27C-54EF-45D4-822E-A7825FE86532.jpeg

501CFB6C-64E1-4DAB-953A-DF569198DE50.jpeg

D6751F13-DBB0-4C11-A21C-4FE325CDF336.jpeg

These are great looking , nice work! Yeah I think you're right about the paint job. The design of the body is great , I love trucks. Don't even mind the colors but its just the overall style of the stock paint job that bothers me for some reason. Will definitely have a go at painting a body for it.

These are great looking , nice work! Yeah I think you're right about the paint job. The design of the body is great , I love trucks. Don't even mind the colors but its just the overall style of the stock paint job that bothers me for some reason. Will definitely have a go at painting a body for it.
Yeah
The stock paint is not good in my opinion

the v2 is much better looking but with a little custom work and the addition of a few extras on the body and the infraction is a killer looking truck for sure
If you need help painting a body I’m happy to help ..I painted this infraction body as well

B6D6D448-B394-44BC-A44F-187F809381D8.jpeg

789393D3-F932-4CE2-8EF5-1A0B109E0445.jpeg

H
Yeah
The stock paint is not good in my opinion

the v2 is much better looking but with a little custom work and the addition of a few extras on the body and the infraction is a killer looking truck for sure
If you need help painting a body I’m happy to help ..I painted this infraction body as well

View attachment 110481

View attachment 110483
how much would you charge for a body like this?

Back