Typhon Goldbat batteries issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey all.

I have the Dynamite Reaction2 3S. 5000mAh, 50C. If I go hard in the grass I usually play in, it’ll last me between 15-20 minutes. Nice.

I have 3 other batteries, all Goldbat from Amazon. Well reviewed, good price. The 2S (6200mAh, 50C) is good for about 20-25 minutes. No issues.

The Goldbat 3S (6200mAh 50C)...both of them last me 10 minutes or less before LVC. I know it’s not overheating because I check with my FLIR. I ran both last week, thought it was a fluke. Then I ran them today and both <10 minutes each. The battery connection is no warmer than the Reaction2’s, but I ran that one immediately after and it was a good ~20 minutes.

Anyone have more experience with these Goldbat branded batteries? I soldered EC5 connectors, no adapters. I’m pretty frustrated and bought the two 3S batteries at different times from different vendors.

Thanks in advanced.

edit This is on a Typhon 3S with the 18T pinion.

Hey all.

I have the Dynamite Reaction2 3S. 5000mAh, 50C. If I go hard in the grass I usually play in, it’ll last me between 15-20 minutes. Nice.

I have 3 other batteries, all Goldbat from Amazon. Well reviewed, good price. The 2S (6200mAh, 50C) is good for about 20-25 minutes. No issues.

The Goldbat 3S (6200mAh 50C)...both of them last me 10 minutes or less before LVC. I know it’s not overheating because I check with my FLIR. I ran both last week, thought it was a fluke. Then I ran them today and both <10 minutes each. The battery connection is no warmer than the Reaction2’s, but I ran that one immediately after and it was a good ~20 minutes.

Anyone have more experience with these Goldbat branded batteries? I soldered EC5 connectors, no adapters. I’m pretty frustrated and bought the two 3S batteries at different times from different vendors.

Thanks in advanced.

edit This is on a Typhon 3S with the 18T pinion.

I don't have experience with this brand but 10 minutes is very poor for what they claim is 6200mah. Good luck to you and if you purchased online recently I'd try to contact somebody to file a concern.

What are the individual cell voltages after a full charge and also after LVC? Sounds like you have a bad cell in each.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back