Golf course being wasted on...golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Came back to my friend's home town (Fonda, Iowa population of about 500!) for a little July 4th golf tournament. Played ok. 14 under won, we shot 5 under but ended up getting 1st place in the 2nd flight! Walked away w/ an extra 85$ minus the whopping 30$ entry feešŸ™‚šŸ‘
Anyway, all I could think about all day was "why are they wasting so much prime bashing area for golf?" All of the fairway grass is dead/brown anyways. So many places to jump & with the fairway "grass " being so short I bet I could really get the typhotank SCREAMING across there

20220701_111419.jpg

20220701_140628.jpg

20220701_160743.jpg

20220702_094303.jpg

20220702_100847.jpg

20220701_132832.jpg

Came back to my friend's home town (Fonda, Iowa population of about 500!) for a little July 4th golf tournament. Played ok. 14 under won, we shot 5 under but ended up getting 1st place in the 2nd flight! Walked away w/ an extra 85$ minus the whopping 30$ entry feešŸ™‚šŸ‘
Anyway, all I could think about all day was "why are they wasting so much prime bashing area for golf?" All of the fairway grass is dead/brown anyways. So many places to jump & with the fairway "grass " being so short I bet I could really get the typhotank SCREAMING across there

View attachment 227432

View attachment 227433

View attachment 227434

View attachment 227435

View attachment 227436

View attachment 227437
Like @Smilinbri OWRC, anywhere you go thinking how good of a bash spot it is.

I do the same thing lol.

Weā€™ve been kicked off the little neighborhood golf course a few of times. After the third time we stopped. Donā€™t want to get kicked out of the entire park altogether. We love it there, itā€™s kind of our daily go to place to let the kid play and run our 3s cars all over.

Weā€™ve been kicked off the little neighborhood golf course a few of times. After the third time we stopped. Donā€™t want to get kicked out of the entire park altogether. We love it there, itā€™s kind of our daily go to place to let the kid play and run our 3s cars all over.
Third times a charm šŸ˜‰.

Third times a charm šŸ˜‰.
I just started thinking about it one day. We are the only ones that run RC cars in our entire neighborhood. That means we are the only ones that can give RC a bad name. So I wanted to do better after that. Stopped running on the golf course, stopped running on the nice green lawn areas and started being extra considerate. We were not really bad to begin with, I just started being better then normal. That was 6 months ago and all good so far.

Weā€™ve also been sharing the hobby freely. Ive built up a whole collection of Bezgar little cars that we let our a nine year old teach and share with all the other kids, so hopefully people see that weā€™re not selfish about it. Itā€™s a private neighborhood so they can make whatever rules they want after all.

I just started thinking about it one day. We are the only ones that run RC cars in our entire neighborhood. That means we are the only ones that can give RC a bad name. So I wanted to do better after that. Stopped running on the golf course, stopped running on the nice green lawn areas and started being extra considerate. We were not really bad to begin with, I just started being better then normal. That was 6 months ago and all good so far.

Weā€™ve also been sharing the hobby freely. Ive built up a whole collection of Bezgar little cars that we let our a nine year old teach and share with all the other kids, so hopefully people see that weā€™re not selfish about it. Itā€™s a private neighborhood so they can make whatever rules they want after all.
I bash on our private track thing or on a large grass field with some small hills owned by a university.

Cops have driven by us on the university land a said nothing ( we were bashing 8s rigs too ).

I bash on our private track thing or on a large grass field with some small hills owned by a university.

Cops have driven by us on the university land a said nothing ( we were bashing 8s rigs too ).
I have a pretty big open grass lot between my back yard & a frontage road that I've been ripping around/jumping off my ramp in. Had a cop stop & watch me for about 5 minutes the other day. Pulled a backflip for him & gave me a thumbs up then drove away šŸ˜ƒšŸ‘

I am lucky enough to have a golf course that I can run on in specific areas. I just have to be mindful of not tearing things up but jumping sand traps is extremely satisfying lol. There is one in particular that is so perfect....... it's a great time.

^^^^ Same here I run on the fairway only and stay out of the traps and the course holes.

I never played Golf but with the company I work for, I had the pleasure of being with Tiger Woods often as well all the other Pros and all the brand marketing clothing they wore of ours and equipment until we resolved the brand to just a small category now. I visited all the best US Golf locations for corp meetings just was a pleasure to have that for free....AMAZING Golf resorts!!!

Those employees who did play Golf had a once and lifetime chance to play on those pro courses. Miss those days under that Golf brand!

Back to topic! RC on a course is fun it's so well taken care of but I too have to be respectful (y)

^^^^ Same here I run on the fairway only and stay out of the traps and the course holes.

I never played Golf but with the company I work for, I had the pleasure of being with Tiger Woods often as well all the other Pros and all the brand marketing clothing they wore of ours and equipment until we resolved the brand to just a small category now. I visited all the best US Golf locations for corp meetings just was a pleasure to have that for free....AMAZING Golf resorts!!!

Those employees who did play Golf had a once and lifetime chance to play on those pro courses. Miss those days under that Golf brand!

Back to topic! RC on a course is fun it's so well taken care of but I too have to be respectful (y)
& never actually played?šŸ¤Æ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back