Fireteam Gonna need a bigger boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44Dan44

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
My storage capacity has been exceeded.
Gonna have to fix that.

First notes on the Fireteam before running it. Really like how the body fits on there, easy on/off, nice support. Don't care for the rattle of the rifles against the shell base, easy fix or removal. I didn't like the tires at first but they are growing on me. I really like the overall look and design and thanks Arrma, how did you know I didn't want to have to paint or remove a bunch of decals? Just black or dark grey is fine.👌

IMG_4748.JPG

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

I’m with you on the decals. Most of my decals come off right away……it ain’t my bag.

richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

cheers,
kev

Last edited:
Well, it's a winner!
Pros:
I love how it handles on jumps, my favorite basher is my Talion for how smoothly it jumps and the Fireteam does it just as well. A tad nose heavy so it doesn't want full throttle on jumps. Might shift the battery tray rearward to the next set of mounting holes.
I love how it handles on the track, my favorite on our dirt track is the Outcast with Talion tires, makes it less stunt truck, less wheelie, great on bank turns, no rollovers. The Fireteam does it just as well, actually better on a tight switchback when using the handbrake.
I'm happy with the Fireteam on Asphalt, impromptu drag racing it held its own. It's not going to compete with my Felony or Typhon lacking AVC but at the end of a run or a wreck or accidentally going off road, the fun continues coming back on grass, ruts, anything that would have stopped the street cars, very fun.
I love the durability, finished the day under its own power with no apparent problems minus a bit of road rash. Dirt, grass, hay, mud, water, asphalt, jumps, did it all today against a Krayton, Maxx, BigRock, everyone else came came back broke. In their defense it was a very rough day, I'm impressed.

Cons:
Battery tray does not fit my 6s Spektrum G2 battery, bummer, it fits the Typhon, I guess there is no chance the 2 hardcase 3s G2's will fit. Not a major problem as my soft case G2 3s fit and hardcase G2 2s fit.
I wish they wouldn't bother with the SLT transmitters, again not a problem as I'll swap over to a DX3 or DX5 Pro, but out of the box, I just don't care for them.

Summary:
Worth every penny! Edit: this day was completely fresh out of the Arrma box, no adjustments, no checking anything, open and thrash. Happy!
IMG_4762.JPG

Im glad you had fun, its a cool rig. I adjusted my batt tray back right away and popped a 14 t pinion on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back