Gonna start building a beast Rich would be proud of!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you running 6S - are you getting any cogging?
I have the same set up in my Kraton, even same savöx monster servo. But when I pin the throttle I’m getting serious response delay... I read on Hobbywing website the Max6 at 6s is rated for motors <1500kv. The 4895 is 1650kv - would this cause it? Thinking of switching to the 5687..
I had cogging with my Max 6 with a 4092 1650kv and it turned out the ESC was at fault, luckily got warranty replacement...

Last edited:
Are you running 6S - are you getting any cogging?
I have the same set up in my Kraton, even same savöx monster servo. But when I pin the throttle I’m getting serious response delay... I read on Hobbywing website the Max6 at 6s is rated for motors <1500kv. The 4895 is 1650kv - would this cause it? Thinking of switching to the 5687..
View attachment 61734View attachment 61735View attachment 61736
If you can get a 5687 in the more power to you. Mine won't fit one. Yes the 4985 is only "6S" rated, but I don't plan on running 8S 99% of the time. Believe me it's too much for our diffs to handle continuously. Remember if you get that motor that means a whole new set of 8mm pinions. The reason they say that is because our motors RPM range is only rated to 50K at best, 8S puts it at 56K. Now if you can run max throttle at any time I would be shocked. The 4985 is about as heavy as I would go for a big block motor. Other than that get a TP Power 4070CM 2200kv. It can handle 8S all day long, and you can keep a stock 16t pinion on her.

Update 3/11/20

I got my replacement Max6, and it dawned on me what some of the failures where.

1) Running 8S with too much gearing.
I think the 4985 could have handled it fine, but the combo of that mixed with
2) Too much brake & brake expo (87.5%)
Caused the esc to blow a fet after being ran hard. Which also had some contributing factors
3) Worn out motor bullets
The constant bashing and hard landings jerked on the wires a lot, also unplugging them too many times to "maintain" the vehicle didn't help. ?‍♂️
4) No cap pack for "insurance"
The hard braking in mid air caused just as many voltage spikes a speed runner would face.
5) Not having esc fan constantly on
Remember my PWM switch idea, yeah I only use it now for the motor

So here is some pics along with my list of improvements for 2.0.??
20200311_150027.jpg

Fabricated a motor lead cushion & replaced bullets
20200311_145952.jpg

I have the fan plugged directly into the esc. This didn't stop me from breaking 3 fans in a week however, so after reading the post of fan ideas I was like f it! If the cover is doing the damage, get rid of the cover.? I still have to make a top plate as I'm not going to leave it totally exposed, but let's face it the cover doesn't really do anything functional. I also installed servo grommets & sleeves under the fan for dampening.
20200308_105037.jpg

Made a 5 X 50vdc 680uf cap pack built into the tower, and suspended by zip ties so it has no chance of hitting something. ??

If you also notice I redid all the wiring, and shrink wrapped it so that the zip ties don't cut into them. I also reinstalled my bec and made a reciever bypass harness so that my power hungry 2292sg doesn't put more strain on the esc.

Been awhile 5/16/20 Update

Made more cap packs, some might be for sale in the future ?. Used 6 50v 1000uf Panasonic FM caps, and barely stuffed it into the center tower.
20200516_091436.jpg

Replaced all the plastics, RPM arms, shims, and all new diffs. I figure a couple hundred in a yearly overhaul isn't a bad way to keep her fresh for the season.?

Figured out an awesome fan cover for my HW C4 fan that won't break up due to motor wire slapping it. Has small enough holes to keep almost anything out. Prototyping board! Yep you can find them pretty cheap on Amazon, and since I'm only using them for cap packs I had some bigger boards that needed a use.
20200516_090721.jpg

Lastly as uou can see in the above pic I also switched from XT90 connectors to Castle 6.5mm polarized connectors. Warning though, these are not for the timid at soldering. ?

Last is I upgraded my bec to the Castle BEC 2.0 WP.
I've almost got the Arrma right where I want her. I know I've been a little vacant, but I built this:
20200504_134944.jpg

My new race truggy! My Team Associated RC8T3.1E with:
Tekin RX8
Tekin T8 2000kv
Savox 2292sg
ProTek LiHv 5600mah 120c graphine plus
ProLine Holeshots on De racing wheels
Fox Body Shocks
VRP X3 gamechanger pistons
ProLine Trifecta wing
JCONCEPTS Finnisher body
20200513_184832.jpg

20200513_184848.jpg

Pics can't do her justice, and until you've driven a dialed in race RC you have no idea how good it can get. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back