Gonna try take out the slop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Since my servo saver is super weak now. And ive been fighting the slop in the 3s blx BRRK.

Is hot racing saver any good? Gonna get it no matter cause I want the aluminum fixed link.

Should/can I rebuild my Kim124?

I remember seeing that folks shim the bell crank? Where? Or a link to video please.

Thank you as always

Shimmed the bellcrank, upgraded the servo link. I can say for sure these make a difference in steering precision, especially straight line tracking.

I also have a Kimbrough heavy duty servo saver but it's hard to say how much of a difference it made since I installed it at the same time as other upgrades. I did replace the Kimbrough servo saver with a new one when I thought the old one was getting too loose. Didn't make much of a difference. At this point, the replacement Kimbrough has also loosened up, but my Granite still tracks straight with the shimmed bellcrank and upgraded servo link.

I also have a Savox SW1210SG servo. I replaced the stock servo within a week of getting the Granite, so again, hard to say how much of a difference it made when it comes to steering precision. I will say the Savox servo has been durable and reliable as hell. Every time I say this I jinx myself, but so far, it has never given me a problem after a year and a half of bashing.

I also use the Hot Racing aluminum pivot balls. They are more durable than stock plastic but they don't make much difference when it comes to straight line tracking. At this point I've let them get completely worn down. My rod ends have tons of slop around the pivot balls. The Granite still tracks straight.

Since my servo saver is super weak now. And ive been fighting the slop in the 3s blx BRRK.

Is hot racing saver any good? Gonna get it no matter cause I want the aluminum fixed link.

Should/can I rebuild my Kim124?

I remember seeing that folks shim the bell crank? Where? Or a link to video please.

Thank you as always
Hey Steve, I went the opposite route from most. After getting sick of trying the cheapo desservo (15-20 bucks), hot racing bell crank (40 bucks) hot racing servo saver (20 bucks) or Kimbrough servo saver (10 bucks)…I bought several stock bell cranks off jennys (includes the servo saver) for $2 each and a couple of typhon 6s servos for $16 each. Every few months or so I’ll simply swap in the new parts. I just did my first round of replacements last Friday. Taa Daa! Like new steering for $18. I also use hot racing balls but will switch to team associated steel ones when those wear out.

Hey Steve, I went the opposite route from most. After getting sick of trying the cheapo desservo (15-20 bucks), hot racing bell crank (40 bucks) hot racing servo saver (20 bucks) or Kimbrough servo saver (10 bucks)…I bought several stock bell cranks off jennys (includes the servo saver) for $2 each and a couple of typhon 6s servos for $16 each. Every few months or so I’ll simply swap in the new parts. I just did my first round of replacements last Friday. Taa Daa! Like new steering for $18. I also use hot racing balls but will switch to team associated steel ones when those wear out.
Hmmm....damn thats awesome!! Yea I'm gonna either go wit TA balls or maybe try the couple diff materials to put in the rod ends.
The typhon 6s servo has less issues than the 3s servo? Don't wanna play that game anymore lol.
I really wanna keep the jacked up truck look. But seems after that is when most my troubles started.

Hmmm....damn thats awesome!! Yea I'm gonna either go wit TA balls or maybe try the couple diff materials to put in the rod ends.
The typhon 6s servo has less issues than the 3s servo? Don't wanna play that game anymore lol.
I really wanna keep the jacked up truck look. But seems after that is when most my troubles started.
The 3s servo is 7kg (s651). The 6s servo is 16.5kg (s652). Twice as powerful. I know folks have issues with the s652 on a 20lb 6s car… but on a 9lb 3s car they work great from my experience so far. It’s a 23t servo so works with the 3s stock steering bell crank. I put one on my granite with a new bell crank/servo and it’s plenty powerful enough.

Honestly though, out of my three blx cars none of the stock s651 servos have gone out over the 6-12 months I’ve owned them. I upgraded my granites servo to an Amazon DSservo with a Kimbrough servo saver early this year (when I converted to brushless) then I put that stock servo in one of my 5lb volteges and it’s still going strong. My vorteks and the wife’s big rock still have the stock s651 servos working well. I have 2 extra s652 servos and several stock bell cranks for when they eventually die. It made such a difference putting in the new bell crank and servo. Steers like it’s new again.

I'm very careful to set end points. Perhaps that is the key to their long lasting. The s651 costs $10 on jennys and the s652 is $16. More then twice the power for 6 bucks more so that’s why I get them over the s651 stock one. And since they both are 23t, the stock bell crank ($2 on jennys) which comes with the 23t servo saver works with the s652. So whenever I order a part, or parts, off jennys I throw in a bell crank or servo as it doesn’t increase postage. I also use the discount code JRC for 5% off every order (helps cover postage).

Ive never tried to jack up my cars. Those drive shafts take too much stress to add more from a higher angle. I’ve only broken 3 drive shafts over this last year, but all three were on the rear wheels of my granite, which takes the most abuse from jumping etc. So I ordered a set of Arrma cvds for the rear of the granite. Can’t wait till they arrive here soon! Stock drive shafts are $32.50 per set of 4 on jennys. The cvds I got for $46/pair from Amain hobby. They will be worth it cost wise if they are as strong as folks say. I’m putting in a 6 pole, 2800kv motor, 17 or 18t pinion and spectrum 120a esc in the granite soon. So I’m hoping the cvds can handle the additional torque and power. We will see 🙃

The 3s servo is 7kg (s651). The 6s servo is 16.5kg (s652). Twice as powerful. I know folks have issues with the s652 on a 20lb 6s car… but on a 9lb 3s car they work great from my experience so far. It’s a 23t servo so works with the 3s stock steering bell crank. I put one on my granite with a new bell crank/servo and it’s plenty powerful enough.

Honestly though, out of my three blx cars none of the stock s651 servos have gone out over the 6-12 months I’ve owned them. I upgraded my granites servo to an Amazon DSservo with a Kimbrough servo saver early this year (when I converted to brushless) then I put that stock servo in one of my 5lb volteges and it’s still going strong. My vorteks and the wife’s big rock still have the stock s651 servos working well. I have 2 extra s652 servos and several stock bell cranks for when they eventually die. It made such a difference putting in the new bell crank and servo. Steers like it’s new again.

I'm very careful to set end points. Perhaps that is the key to their long lasting. The s651 costs $10 on jennys and the s652 is $16. More then twice the power for 6 bucks more so that’s why I get them over the s651 stock one. And since they both are 23t, the stock bell crank ($2 on jennys) which comes with the 23t servo saver works with the s652. So whenever I order a part, or parts, off jennys I throw in a bell crank or servo as it doesn’t increase postage. I also use the discount code JRC for 5% off every order (helps cover postage).

Ive never tried to jack up my cars. Those drive shafts take too much stress to add more from a higher angle. I’ve only broken 3 drive shafts over this last year, but all three were on the rear wheels of my granite, which takes the most abuse from jumping etc. So I ordered a set of Arrma cvds for the rear of the granite. Can’t wait till they arrive here soon! Stock drive shafts are $32.50 per set of 4 on jennys. The cvds I got for $46/pair from Amain hobby. They will be worth it cost wise if they are as strong as folks say. I’m putting in a 6 pole, 2800kv motor, 17 or 18t pinion and spectrum 120a esc in the granite soon. So I’m hoping the cvds can handle the additional torque and power. We will see 🙃
Awesome. I was looking around and have a new stock bell crank. Gonna get the HR yokes. And eventually CVDs just because of the harsh angles on the driveshafts. Now im also wondering because I just "thought" my kimbrough servo saver was getting weak. May be the darn servo. I do set endpoints. I'll have to figure out how to distinguish which of the 2 if either is weak.

Awesome. I was looking around and have a new stock bell crank. Gonna get the HR yokes. And eventually CVDs just because of the harsh angles on the driveshafts. Now im also wondering because I just "thought" my kimbrough servo saver was getting weak. May be the darn servo. I do set endpoints. I'll have to figure out how to distinguish which of the 2 if either is weak.
Probably both. Servo savers take a beating. My kimbrough was noticeably weaker after a couple months.

Probably both. Servo savers take a beating. My kimbrough was noticeably weaker after a couple months.

So until I can get the HR yokes. Is it cool to take your offer on a set of yours? I sanded and cleaned up for 2hrs last night. The input gear rolls so nice in yoke on gear with no screws in. But put it down in chassis..LOCKS DOWN.

So until I can get the HR yokes. Is it cool to take your offer on a set of yours? I sanded and cleaned up for 2hrs last night. The input gear rolls so nice in yoke on gear with no screws in. But put it down in chassis..LOCKS DOWN.
Yup of course. PM me.
Does it lock up when you put the screws in? Or just when you set it down in the chassis?

Hey Steve! I almost forgot to tell you…I got those diff yokes in the mail this morning. Was only a few bucks postage so all good. Hope they help your diff situation. Peace!

Hey Steve! I almost forgot to tell you…I got those diff yokes in the mail this morning. Was only a few bucks postage so all good. Hope they help your diff situation. Peace!
You're the man. I hope so also cause im still having issues when sat in chassis. Took out front diff compares them. No differences. But it did let me get the new stock bell crank in. No shims. Didnt have them. Put the shorter ZDs on front. 105mm. Gonna run stock rear. Compressed with spacers tho. Bring the yruck down some till I get better parts. These zds are still longer than stock so it still gets my nose up. Even though looking at older pics I like the low MT also. Oh yea and the granite front bumper. Guess i shoyld theow this in the build thread. 😆

20210922_000239.jpg

20210922_000250.jpg

You're the man. I hope so also cause im still having issues when sat in chassis. Took out front diff compares them. No differences. But it did let me get the new stock bell crank in. No shims. Didnt have them. Put the shorter ZDs on front. 105mm. Gonna run stock rear. Compressed with spacers tho. Bring the yruck down some till I get better parts. These zds are still longer than stock so it still gets my nose up. Even though looking at older pics I like the low MT also. Oh yea and the granite front bumper. Guess i shoyld theow this in the build thread. 😆

View attachment 170396

View attachment 170397
Aw dang it…I have shrooms I could’ve seen you also.
🤣🤣 edit- I mean shims I could have sent.

Aw dang it…I have shrooms I could’ve seen you also.
🤣🤣 edit- I mean shims I could have sent.
😂😂🤣🤣. Oh man I thought we were gonna be real good friends. They really are beneficial in micro doseing to help pain depression and overall to make ppl like ppl better😂.

I didnt even think about it then either. Can prob scoop some from LHS. Hopefully the guy likes all his customers today🤔💯

Back