Kraton Good Base to Start From, K8s Build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Started a build on my Kraton 8s I think I'll be having fun by the weekend, I hope.

Thought I'd do a quick comparison with some of my spare equipment:
20200728_064432.jpg
20200728_064416.jpg
20200728_064234.jpg
20200728_063854.jpg
20200728_063919.jpg

Finally finished getting this all together, the hardest thing was working out the telemetery, if anyone has looked into it, you'll know there is next to no info at all on how to configure the sensors. I thought I could use the stock receiver, but it only does voltage without an adapter (which doesn't seem to exist). I ended up buying a TM1500 to run temp and voltage monitoring (I can set an alarm to sound on the transmitter when the preset value is met. Once I can figure out which rpm sensor to buy I'll be getting one of those too.

All I've done so far is the Chassis, Servo Saver Bearing Spool, Motor Mount with Large Pinion Slide, Front Support Brace, and Max 5 Adapter Plate.

I've got the Front Shock Shafts and the Piston Upgrade Kit, but I'm waiting on the Rear Shafts before I rebuild my shocks.

20200801_150100.jpg

20200801_145421.jpg

20200801_145355.jpg

I ordered a 39T pinion a month or more ago and it's still in transit, so I'll have to start with the 34T I have. Hopefully it won't feel too slow.

I will order a 43, 44, and 45T pinion soon, but wanted to see how it goes with the 39T first.

The cool thing about the DX5C Transmitter I got (later versions have this) is that it can monitor temps, rpm, voltage, current draw, even a GPS module if I can find the right one. I wanted this as Hobbywing still haven't released their new line of ESCs that should be able to monitor the temps at least.

20200801_145622_1.gif

Castle Creations has a Spektrum X-Bus link that will pick up all this stuff on their new MMX8S ESC when tied to the 1717 and 2028 motors. I should have just gone with that, but lesson learnt.

For those of you who care, the v1.5 has the rear base that connects the rear diff housing to the center tower, the M2C chassis won't directly work with this as stated on their site, but if you turn the brace upside down it will still fit, just minus the screw that locks it into the chassis on the original design. Mitch says you don't need it, but I can't see how it will hurt the way I've installed it and surely it must be doing a little bit to hold the rear, just thought I'd share it with you anyway.
20200801_145622_2.gif

Good lawddd. Can’t wait to see this thing finished and running
Me too, thanks.

Last edited:
Finally finished getting this all together, the hardest thing was working out the telemetery, if anyone has looked into it, you'll know there is next to no info at all on how to configure the sensors. I thought I could use the stock receiver, but it only does voltage without an adapter (which doesn't seem to exist). I ended up buying a TM1500 to run temp and voltage monitoring (I can set an alarm to sound on the transmitter when the preset value is met. Once I can figure out which rpm sensor to buy I'll be getting one of those too.

All I've done so far is the Chassis, Servo Saver Bearing Spool, Motor Mount with Large Pinion Slide, Front Support Brace, and Max 5 Adapter Plate.

I've got the Front Shock Shafts and the Piston Upgrade Kit, but I'm waiting on the Rear Shafts before I rebuild my shocks.

View attachment 92294
View attachment 92293
View attachment 92292

I ordered a 39T pinion a month or more ago and it's still in transit, so I'll have to start with the 34T I have. Hopefully it won't feel too slow.

I will order a 43, 44, and 45T pinion soon, but wanted to see how it goes with the 39T first.

The cool thing about the DX5C Transmitter I got (later versions have this) is that it can monitor temps, rpm, voltage, current draw, even a GPS module if I can find the right one. I wanted this as Hobbywing still haven't released their new line of ESCs that should be able to monitor the temps at least.

View attachment 92302

Castle Creations has a Spektrum X-Bus link that will pick up all this stuff on their new MMX8S ESC when tied to the 1717 and 2028 motors. I should have just gone with that, but lesson learnt.

For those of you who care, the v1.5 has the rear base that connects the rear diff housing to the center tower, the M2C chassis won't directly work with this as stated on their site, but if you turn the brace upside down it will still fit, just minus the screw that locks it into the chassis on the original design. Mitch says you don't need it, but I can't see how it will hurt the way I've installed it and surely it must be doing a little bit to hold the rear, just thought I'd share it with you anyway. View attachment 92300

Me too, thanks.
I did the same thing with the rear brace?? nice build!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back