Kraton Good combo????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Would this be a good combo for my k6s mainly would it fit?
and what gearing should I use
893CB17E-15F1-41CD-A8E4-86CC55C075F1.png

You’d be a lot happier with the 4985 (1650kv) instead of the 5687 (1100kv). The 4685 will do rolling backflips geared 23/50 on 6s and I’ve run mine for the last 2 years on 8s with 20/46 gearing in a 1/8th scale Kraton. If you went with the 5687 it would force you to buy a different motor mount that would allow you to run a 30+ tooth pinion to get to 60mph on 6s.

I run that set up just be prepared for it’s only be reliable on eight uI run that set up just be prepared for it’s only be reliable on 8s 6s exceeds to amp limits of the max 6 the esc gets hot fast.

I’ll just get the 4985
👏

Thank you.... I was wondering when you were going to say that, LOL. You asked for the best recommendation but you really like that motor more.....but I get it.

I too have the famous setup Max6\4985 and the setup is a beast. I have a 20T on it but like another person posted you can go 20-23T or maybe more. I am happy with the heat at 20T although I have Game Changer fans on it still runs cool when not running them. Summer will be the real judge.

There is so much torque that I have a set of tires with a good bite Backflip LP and some that slip a bit like the PowerHobby Scorpions. Both work excellent off-road all I do and have my pick of where I like to run each.

Best of luck with the build! (y)

I run that set up just be prepared for it’s only be reliable on eight uI run that set up just be prepared for it’s only be reliable on 8s 6s exceeds to amp limits of the max 6 the esc gets hot fast.
Are you saying I can’t run 6s because that’s what I’ll be running

You’ll be fine on 6s with the Max 6 4985 1650kw combo. I’m running a 21t pinion and a dual fan motor setup on a heavier truck and it’s fine.

I only run 6S as well. However, that setup can run 8S but I would be looking at heat and size pinion to make sure you are balanced for the electronics. No on 8S....

You said 6S so no worries it rocks at 6S.... I even go 4S sometimes it takes some of the beasts out but is still fun and powerful.... so much so even beat my friend on our dirt track a few times running only 4S lipo Kraton same setup and his Typhon 6S v5.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back