Outcast Good day for a build/rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Rainy new years day.. perfect day for a good build.

My OC 4s I built not long ago is going to a LWB chassis. I also built a monster buggy (MB I call it) not long ago which is a Krston 4s with a buggy body. I LOVE that thing for small area quick bashing. Just like the handling and jumping better than the SWB on 4s...so time to convert the OC 4s to a LWB.

20220101_122613.jpg

Have to say I finally found the perfect slipper build for me. I use the HR aluminum plates in place of the stock slipper pads, and also added the plastic nut from the slipper maintenance kit. Running it at 3/4 turns out from stock...it is perfect. The stock slipper pads would start to slip more at about 1/2 pack each time, but would be fine next pack....so they must be heating up and slipping more. HR aluminum pads stay consistent the entire pack.

Rainy new years day.. perfect day for a good build.

My OC 4s I built not long ago is going to a LWB chassis. I also built a monster buggy (MB I call it) not long ago which is a Krston 4s with a buggy body. I LOVE that thing for small area quick bashing. Just like the handling and jumping better than the SWB on 4s...so time to convert the OC 4s to a LWB.

View attachment 189770
Have to say I finally found the perfect slipper build for me. I use the HR aluminum plates in place of the stock slipper pads, and also added the plastic nut from the slipper maintenance kit. Running it at 3/4 turns out from stock...it is perfect. The stock slipper pads would start to slip more at about 1/2 pack each time, but would be fine next pack....so they must be heating up and slipping more. HR aluminum pads stay consistent the entire pack.
Hey buddy, Did you do a build thread on making your 4s car? Am I remembering right that you are attaching 4 or 6s arms to a 3s chassis or something (which is why are you sold off those CVDs you made…?)
Thanks man!

Hey buddy, Did you do a build thread on making your 4s car? Am I remembering right that you are attaching 4 or 6s arms to a 3s chassis or something (which is why are you sold off those CVDs you made…?)
Thanks man!
Yeah, it is actually my build thread badge link. Since I made this into a full 4s with the arms and hubs, I am using the full 4s CVDs. But the chassis are the same as the 3s line.

Yeah, it is actually my build thread badge link. Since I made this into a full 4s with the arms and hubs, I am using the full 4s CVDs. But the chassis are the same as the 3s line.
I should’ve known that lol. Thanks, I’m gonna check it out. Rather inspired me.

I should’ve known that lol. Thanks, I’m gonna check it out. Rather inspired me.
After getting through the diff and slipper issues all figured out, have to say, these 4s rigs I built get more run time than my 6s rigs. They are light and fast.

After getting through the diff and slipper issues all figured out, have to say, these 4s rigs I built get more run time than my 6s rigs. They are light and fast.
Nice…I can see that. Best of power and light weight worlds.
I saw above what you did for the slipper, what were the diff issues you dealt with?

Nice…I can see that. Best of power and light weight worlds.

I saw above what you did for the slipper, what were the diff issues you dealt with?
I have stripped a few input gears, but they were on the monster buggy I built. I have since fine tuned the slipper. That is the key, you MUST have a little bit of slip for 4s.

I have stripped a few input gears, but they were on the monster buggy I built. I have since fine tuned the slipper. That is the key, you MUST have a little bit of slip for 4s.
Otherwise it’s too much for the drivetrain to handle huh? And alloy pads keeps it from overheating while allowing the needed slip…brilliant! 😃

Otherwise it’s too much for the drivetrain to handle huh? And alloy pads keeps it from overheating while allowing the needed slip…brilliant! 😃
Yeah. They seem to provide a consistent slip (more of a 1 second chirp, not full slip rotations....which is perfect)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back