Kraton Good job Jason

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious

Attachments

• 6922C488-0464-4F89-835B-C144A3FECACC.png
    6922C488-0464-4F89-835B-C144A3FECACC.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 93
I don't see me buying another Traxxas no matter what they come out with. My wounds are not healed yet.

Newbie here, back after 30+ years out of the hobby.

The Guy Behind The Counter at my local shop (Hobby Town) really steered me away from Traxxas, which I thought had a decent reputation, or at least they did back-in-the-day.

Are they just poorly designed and made? Has their quality been Cost Engineered out? Parts hard to get and/or expensive? All of the above?

Just curious.......

- Jim

The Guy Behind The Counter at my local shop (Hobby Town) really steered me away from Traxxas, which I thought had a decent reputation, or at least they did back-in-the-day.

Are they just poorly designed and made? Has their quality been Cost Engineered out? Parts hard to get and/or expensive? All of the above?

Just curious.......

- Jim
Yes, to all of the above except for "parts hard to get" which is by design. There trucks have cheap components for the $$s which require "upgrades" to endure moderate bashing.

I recently started another fb account just for rc related stuff after not having an account for 10 years. Following Jason has been an absolute treat, he listens to his customers and goes after the competition for the world to see. I wish more CEO's would follow in his footsteps.

Just curious.......

- Jim
I was in the hobby back 30 years ago too. Traxxas got their start back then, as a budget brand. IMHO, When the brushless revolution came around, and doubled the speed of RCs, Traxxas didn't update their designs. Was was passably reliable at 15-20 mph was a train wreck at 35+mph. Traxxas was very slow to redesign / reinforce their cars, and even their cars that were released in the brushless age (i.e. slash 4x4) still were not up to holding brushless power. Their newest designs (Revo2, Xmaxx) can handle brushless as good as most other modern RC's, so I expect this new one to be reasonably reliable. Assuming the plastic drive can hold... this seems to be an issue with all brands.

Just curious.......

- Jim
Hobby town tried to not sell a traxxas. That's amazing. I gotta fight them off at mine to buy an arrma ??

Hobby town tried to not sell a traxxas. That's amazing. I gotta fight them off at mine to buy an arrma ??

Two different employees recommended the ARRMA for being more durable and a better value.

They didn't really bad mouth the Traxxas, and they had a bunch of them in stock, so it didn't seem like they were pushing one or the other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back