Good mini air compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky or porter cable, but I wouldn't get one too small. Depends what you're going to be using it for. Best to get one a little bigger as you can always control it with the dial for psi.

What do you want to do with it? Is it for cleaning/drying your RC?

If it is for cleaning purposes, I wouldn't recommend a small compressor. On models with a small tank, the compressor often overworks and overheats (at least mine does). You should look for high power air dusters like the X Power Airrow. I bought one for cleaning my RC, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

https://xpower.com/shop/a-2-airrow-pro-multipurpose-powered-air-duster/

I have a 6 gal. porter cable pancake compressor. Works for my air nailers and airing up tires and such. Works great for blowing off the RC's, cleaning air filters on the cars, etc.. Think I paid $150.00 for it many years ago and it came with a hose and a trim nailer.

^^^ This 👍
Even a 3 gallon Pancake tank style is fine for RC use and also Nail guns. They are a bit cheaper. Smaller.
Pretty much all decent air compressors will have a pressure regulator valve to adjust output hose pressure. (125-30PSI) I added an inexpensive water separator inline to remove moisture and water that can come out with the air. (usually humid days) Also, you should empty the tank with the drain valve often(hopefully you buy it with one) The tank will collect lots of water and rust will develope inside the tank. Just a tip.

What do you want to do with it? Is it for cleaning/drying your RC?

If it is for cleaning purposes, I wouldn't recommend a small compressor. On models with a small tank, the compressor often overworks and overheats (at least mine does). You should look for high power air dusters like the X Power Airrow. I bought one for cleaning my RC, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

https://xpower.com/shop/a-2-airrow-pro-multipurpose-powered-air-duster/
Yeah rhsts basically what its going to be for is cleaning my rigs as I'm in the dirt and gravel a lot when I run them.

$100. air compressors will Yes be garbage and overheat at times. Burn out. Been there. You need a quality one. (1HP motor at minimum)
But honestly of all the options out there (X Power and all), there is no substitute for an actual air compressor. You just need 100PSI at times.
Anything less, you might as well use a Decent Shop VAC in Blower mode. (using a small narrow tip) 🤷‍♂️ Which most have already around the house/garage.

Not sure if it’s mini enough but I’ve been using this. It’s known for being quiet and does pretty good. I can run it out of air but I’m working it hard to do that... there is a steel tank version that is less but heavier. they have many other sizes. Air compressor
Hurricane

Home Depot puts their compressors on sale pretty often. I got my mom a smaller husky upright with wheels that runs circles around pancake compressors for less than $200 iirc. She mainly fills car ties with it and it doesn’t take 15 mins to do a tire like some nailer compressors. Husky brand from Home Depot makes any warranty stuff easy to should you need it. Hers is chugging right along after a few years of use. compressors are like gun safes, buy the biggest one you can afford haha.

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s mini enough but I’ve been using this. It’s known for being quiet and does pretty good. I can run it out of air but I’m working it hard to do that... there is a steel tank version that is less but heavier. they have many other sizes. Air compressor
Hurricane
Now that is a nice air compressor. Look at the motor. 👍 Recovery takes a bit. But only using it for is RC's is fine, not air tools doing automotive work.

Last edited:
Harbor Freight pancake compressor $39.99 3 gallon, 100 psi, you can get a hose for as low as $3.47 and up. Use the hell out of mine.

Last edited:
This is the one from HF, 40 bucks.
20210326_171118.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back