Good motor and esc combos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acegraves

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I’m familiar with brands such as castle. I’m just seeing what else people have put in a outcast?

I have the Kraton and just got a Hobbywing MAX6 esc and a Leopard 4092-1730 motor. Just got the soldering done and ready to put it in. From what I hear it is a huge improvement.

How is the max6 and 4092 combo doing for you? I am looking at the same setup. I am wanting the lower kv to slow truck down then change gearing as needed

How is the max6 and 4092 combo doing for you? I am looking at the same setup. I am wanting the lower kv to slow truck down then change gearing as needed

I am still amazed every time I run it. It has unbelievable torque with a 20T pinion. I don't know how fast it will go because I can't find enough room to stretch it out. I can no longer hit full throttle at any speed for more than a fraction of a second or it will flip. I need to work on trying to bring the pinion up while keeping an eye on heat and bringing the punch down a bit to compensate for the monster torque. All in all I am very happy. It is exactly what I wanted and more.

Not sure this is the setup you are looking for. Nothing slowed down at all. If you drop the pinion to slow down the truck it will have too much torque and you might have problems controlling it. You might want to check with the people who have installed the 1400 KV motors. That might be more what you are looking for.

You purchased the 1430kv or 1750kv? If the kv #are correct? Are you running 4s or 6s

Not sure this is the setup you are looking for. Nothing slowed down at all. If you drop the pinion to slow down the truck it will have too much torque and you might have problems controlling it. You might want to check with the people who have installed the 1400 KV motors. That might be more what you are looking for.
I am looking for torque because I'm going to get 1/5 wheels and tires. As for gearing I am still desciding on 4,5,6s lipo. The lower kv will slow down some, I guess the brushless power is something to learn! My first batt rc was 1gen emaxx and the kraton on 6s....well you know how fast!

It is hard to tell about the difference in speed because the type of bashing I do I never really get it to top out. The long can motors will give you a big boost in torque though. It will be immediately obvious.

And if that is not enough, with the Max6 ESC you now have the option of 8S. I'm not sure I even WANT to know how that is. lol. To be honest for the first time I am considering checking out 4S. I never even saw a reason to try it until now.

Would you have rather gotten the 1400kv for 6s? I don't have room for any speed and I will not run anything higher than 300,000 CST in middle diff because of wheel stands

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I like it just how it is but I was going for overpowered. It is perfect for me.

That was my plans on running 4s and have 6s for hard bashing or even go pro with 8s...but no room where I live to go with 6s at that ....I broke lower front arms because I'm trying to keep from flipping so it smaked front down real hard to keep it from going through wood line in my yard

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back