Typhon Good pivot ball ends for V4 typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Looking for something that doesn't have the play like the stock balls. Any recommendations to replace all of them?

Looking for something that doesn't have the play like the stock balls. Any recommendations to replace all of them?
Do you need different balls or retaining nuts and inserts? M2C makes delrin inserts with better nuts. If you really need new pillow balls, I am unsure of a alternate.

Believe it or not about 80% of the steering play usually comes from the bronze bearings in the servo saver. Replacing them with ball race bearings makes a big difference in my experience.

Believe it or not about 80% of the steering play usually comes from the bronze bearings in the servo saver. Replacing them with ball race bearings makes a big difference in my experience.
I have replace that with bearings.

The slop is mostly on the back upper hub.
Your link is for 3s Arrma's and you posted in 6s. Not sure what you want here? :unsure:

I have the V4 6s. Just wanted to know if they fit.

I have replace that with bearings.

The slop is mostly on the back upper hub.

I have the V4 6s. Just wanted to know if they fit.
I really want to help you but pivot balls are in front.
Do you mean the rear links attached to the hub?
Can you make a pic of what you want to improve?

Here is an example.
Screenshot_20200209-160117~2.png

Not looking for the hub itself just the steel ball that goes inside of the plastic ball cup. Is eighter the ball is little under sized or the plastic cup has a bigger ID causing it to have slop in it.

Not looking for the hub itself just the steel ball that goes inside of the plastic ball cup. Is eighter the ball is little under sized or the plastic cup has a bigger ID causing it to have slop in it.
Ok thanks for the picture. These wear over time, like bearings, and need to be replaced when they have a lot of slop. I have never seen an upgrade for this which doesn't wear.

I beg to differ.
There is slop at every single ball across the whole steering rack right to the servo arm itself. The BB swap helps, but slop still exists even with the BB's versus the Bronze bushings. I removed all the slop by inserting Teflon tape into all ball ends before reinserting the balls. That's the only way of getting rid of most of the steering slop that comes out of the box when new. Try it. Double up the T. Tape as needed. It works.
I wouldn't bother trying to source replacement balls and ends. Some are using RPM Traxxas ends and balls.

Tekno balls and ends = no slop..???
You will still get wear and tear though over time...

See my post here, these are what you want... #75

Tekno's don't work on the FR. steering rack.

Tekno's don't work on the FR. steering rack.
I've not tried the Tekno's on the front, I'm using Mugen on the steering (see my build thread)...
May I ask why the Tekno's don't work on the front..??
I have more Tekno's ends/balls but never got round to fitting them..?

I beg to differ.
There is slop at every single ball across the whole steering rack right to the servo arm itself. The BB swap helps, but slop still exists even with the BB's versus the Bronze bushings. I removed all the slop by inserting Teflon tape into all ball ends before reinserting the balls. That's the only way of getting rid of most of the steering slop that comes out of the box when new. Try it. Double up the T. Tape as needed. It works.
I wouldn't bother trying to source replacement balls and ends. Some are using RPM Traxxas ends and balls.

I wouldn't argue with that. All I can say is that they removed 80% of the steering slop in my case. YMMV I guess..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back