Kraton Good Shock Upgrade for Kraton 4x4 4s with RPM arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogdanPNW

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
As title says, Whats a good shock upgrade for Kraton 4x4 4s with RPM arms?
My shocks and A-Arms on the kraton has broken multiple times and i have replaced the shocks and arm suspensions with stock ones. This time ill be getting the arms from RPM and people mentioned to get the typhoon 6s shocks but they are sold out everywhere. So what other shock upgrades will fit the RPM a-arms on a kraton 4s? Will other 6s lineups besides the typhoon fit?

Attachments

• IMG_20191203_053100.jpg
    IMG_20191203_053100.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20191203_053202.jpg
    IMG_20191203_053202.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 71
My shocks and A-Arms on the kraton has broken multiple times and i have replaced the shocks and arm suspensions with stock ones. This time ill be getting the arms from RPM and people mentioned to get the typhoon 6s shocks but they are sold out everywhere. So what other shock upgrades will fit the RPM a-arms on a kraton 4s? Will other 6s lineups besides the typhoon fit?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

I would recommend getting the Talion 6s shocks. I had the Typhon ones on my Outcast 4s and they were too short. I think Horizon sells complete shocks now on their website (but they are really expensive..). Or you try to get some at Jenny's Rc.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-2019-v4-assembled-springs-dampers-ar106048
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-assembled-updated-springs-dampers-ar106048
Looks like there are some left. I had great success with them on my Outcast and and they shouldn't be any different on your Kraton :)

I ordered myself a set of these ones.

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TFF155AF08;c=1427
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TFF155AR08;c=1427

Im trying to get a complete shock so ill probably check out the talions on jennyrcs but i do appreciate the ideas. If i don't like those shocks, i guess ill come back here to build one for it.

I would recommend getting the Talion 6s shocks. I had the Typhon ones on my Outcast 4s and they were too short. I think Horizon sells complete shocks now on their website (but they are really expensive..). Or you try to get some at Jenny's Rc.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-2019-v4-assembled-springs-dampers-ar106048
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-assembled-updated-springs-dampers-ar106048
Looks like there are some left. I had great success with them on my Outcast and and they shouldn't be any different on your Kraton :)
I just got in the mail the talion 6s front and rear Shocks like the one you listed but they seem to look exactly the same size even when I put the front and rear side by side. Is it supposed to be like that or is there a way to tell them apart?

I just got in the mail the talion 6s front and rear Shocks like the one you listed but they seem to look exactly the same size even when I put the front and rear side by side. Is it supposed to be like that or is there a way to tell them apart?
Ok, that's weird. The rear ones should be just a little bit longer. I think 106mm on the front and 124mm on the back. I would install them anyways and just look if you're happy (the stock ones are the same length front and rear I think). Maybe it works out great. If not I would reach out to Jenny's. Maybe they got it wrong. But as I said maybe these work out just fine.

Ok, that's weird. The rear ones should be just a little bit longer. I think 106mm on the front and 124mm on the back. I would install them anyways and just look if you're happy (the stock ones are the same length front and rear I think). Maybe it works out great. If not I would reach out to Jenny's. Maybe they got it wrong. But as I said maybe these work out just fine.
Since I ordered the RPM a-arms, and they have 2 holes for Shocks for adjustments, I'll just put it differently the front from the back and I'll see how that works outs. Here's a pic of both Shocks, on the left was in bag #1 and other on the right were in bag#2.

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_062837__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20191210_062837__01__01.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 72
Since I ordered the RPM a-arms, and they have 2 holes for Shocks for adjustments, I'll just put it differently the front from the back and I'll see how that works outs. Here's a pic of both Shocks, on the left was in bag #1 and other on the right were in bag#2.
I would email Ted and ask to get the order fixed. He is very good at answering emails and getting this fixed fast.

Yeah they mixed something up :D. But as I said I would test fit them, maybe they are better than two different lengths. I never had the chance to test that. Otherwise just write them a mail like @jondilly1974 said.

How are the lengths of the Talion 6s shocks vs. the plastic 4s shocks? I would think the spring rates are also different, can the 4s springs swap over to the Talion shocks?

How are the lengths of the Talion 6s shocks vs. the plastic 4s shocks? I would think the spring rates are also different, can the 4s springs swap over to the Talion shocks?
The length should be pretty much the same like the stock ones. And yes the springs are interchangeable. The 4s ones are softer but you can decide for yourself which setup you like more. I have the 4s springs on mine but if you do big jumps all the time you would probably be better off with the 6s ones.

Hi I just picked up a used Kraton 4s. Previous owner had just installed rpm front arms and talon shocks. But the stance is way high in the front. This is with the shocks on the outer rpm holes. It is just the 6s springs making it so high?

Attachments

• 20191219_223751.jpg
    20191219_223751.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191219_222907.jpg
    20191219_222907.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20191219_222912.jpg
    20191219_222912.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 93
Hi I just picked up a used Kraton 4s. Previous owner had just installed rpm front arms and talon shocks. But the stance is way high in the front. This is with the shocks on the outer rpm holes. It is just the 6s springs making it so high?
That is strangely high. I would try some shorter springs. It shouldn’t be fully extended like that without full preload.

Those shocks might be on backwards, as the rear should be higher. The 6S Typhon shocks are 5mm longer than stock for front and rear, which would give you a more even stance. The Talion ones are 5mm longer for the front ones but 9mm longer for the rear.

Thanks I'm going g to bring my calipers home from work tomorrow to get some accurate measurements. They are pretty darn close to the axles too. Hopefully u guys can help me figure out what's on this thing. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20191219_224338.jpg
    20191219_224338.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 80
Thanks I'm going g to bring my calipers home from work tomorrow to get some accurate measurements. They are pretty darn close to the axles too. Hopefully u guys can help me figure out what's on this thing. Thanks!
Yeah I think these are the rear talion ones in the front :D

Quick Update: They fitted almost perfectly, the bottom that goes to the axle fitted perfectly since also i had the RPM arms so i can make small adjustments to height. The top to the body didn't have a small rubber seal so they are quite loose and shakes but otherwise fine. So far i took out on the snow since i put some snow tires on the rear and i'm liking the new mods. Here's the video with my RC and my brothers with snow tires having fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back