Kraton Good steering servo upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That servo is very nice, I have that in my HPI savage, I run the hitec 7950 in my Nero with a C.C. Bec on 8.4v. Moves the Trencher X's no problem.

Last edited:
I use the one below on eBay. Less than $60. Brushless and specs pretty good. Have been using in Nero and Outcast no problems so far (6 weeks) so we'll see over time. Also on Outcast it doesn't flex like plastic stock servo with rubber washers, I think they greatly contribute to flex.

EVO P2 BRUSHLESS Digital, High-Voltage, WaterProof, Ultra-High-Torque, High-Speed, Stainless Steel Gear Servo. Ultimate Racing and Bashing Servo for 1/8 and most 1/10 Scale Gas, Nitro and Electric Vehicles, Watercraft and Large Aircraft. Excellent upgrade for 1/5 Throttle/Brake Servo.

31kg.cm of Torque and .048sec Speed @ 8.4v!!!

• Brushless Motor - Made in Japan
  • Voltage: 4.8V - 8.4V
  • Speed: 0.10sec/60° (6.0V), 0.07sec/60° (7.4V), 0.048sec/60° (8.4v)
  • Torque: 18.2kg/cm (6.0V), 24.8kg/cm (7.4V), 31.4kg/cm (8.4v)
  • Dimensions: 40x21x38.5mm
  • Weight: 68g
  • Case: CNC black anodized aluminum case
  • Gear: Stainless Steel Gears

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SA1230SG_Digital_Servo_p/savsa1230sg.htm

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SW1210SG_Waterproof_Digital_Servo_p/savsw1210sg.htm

Check out the Savox Website. All the standard servos will work, even if it is taller than the stock version you can just add a small spacer to the mount to keep it off the chassis. I use the Savox 1210SG, water proof with 277 oz of torque and is almost $20 cheaper than the one you posted. They have 300 ov, and even 400+ oz servos in there for less as well.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SA1230SG_Digital_Servo_p/savsa1230sg.htm

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SW1210SG_Waterproof_Digital_Servo_p/savsw1210sg.htm

Check out the Savox Website. All the standard servos will work, even if it is taller than the stock version you can just add a small spacer to the mount to keep it off the chassis. I use the Savox 1210SG, water proof with 277 oz of torque and is almost $20 cheaper than the one you posted. They have 300 ov, and even 400+ oz servos in there for less as well.

Savox are ok, but their not near as smooth as a hitec. I have the Savox 1230, 1231, not brushless, not HV. just depends on your budget.

I have a bunch of these http://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-6221...tal-Coreless-Servo-For-RC-Model-p-973947.html

$80 cheaper than what you posted,, work very well. Use one in my Kraton.

I use the one below on eBay. Less than $60. Brushless and specs pretty good. Have been using in Nero and Outcast no problems so far (6 weeks) so we'll see over time. Also on Outcast it doesn't flex like plastic stock servo with rubber washers, I think they greatly contribute to flex.

EVO P2 BRUSHLESS Digital, High-Voltage, WaterProof, Ultra-High-Torque, High-Speed, Stainless Steel Gear Servo. Ultimate Racing and Bashing Servo for 1/8 and most 1/10 Scale Gas, Nitro and Electric Vehicles, Watercraft and Large Aircraft. Excellent upgrade for 1/5 Throttle/Brake Servo.

I got one.....love it...also got the banggood $13 one for backup...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-23-21-52-54.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-23-21-52-54.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 276
Fresh update good, always new product coming out.

I understand new products,, but theirs over 10 pages of info on this subject,,,, if a new SUPER GREAT servo does come out,,, no one will see it because it will get buried in the other 10 PAGES of the same Question, that gets asked 2-3/day.

Would be nice to have peoples servos listed in one thread,, than 10 pages? Carry on.

When I searched, this is the thread that came up. Telling people to search more isn't always the answer.

I understand new products,, but theirs over 10 pages of info on this subject,,,, if a new SUPER GREAT servo does come out,,, no one will see it because it will get buried in the other 10 PAGES of the same Question, that gets asked 2-3/day.

Would be nice to have peoples servos listed in one thread,, than 10 pages? Carry on.

Thank you......most of you.....for the support with good answers and products to look at. I ended up getting a metal gear hi tec servo. I will admit I am a noob....maybe some of you knew everything about rcs when you started but I don't =)

Thank you......most of you.....for the support with good answers and products to look at. I ended up getting a metal gear hi tec servo. I will admit I am a noob....maybe some of you knew everything about rcs when you started but I don't =)
Most the people in this forum are more than helpful. They just helped me with a few servo questions last week. You will always have the ignorant ones who try to make people feel like they are doing something wrong but asking an opinion about a servo in s thread titled steering servo upgrades is exactly what this forum is for. Good luck with your servo and if you need help don't hesitate to ask these guys are great people.

Power HD25LV

I use this servo in the Kraton. It's not as good as the high level Savox but an affordable good mid level servo and a huge improvement over the stock one. It's also 6v so you don't need a BEC, just plug and play!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalog...r-hd-dw-25lv-waterproof-servo/?___store=en_us

here are the specs. A quick conversion shows 25 KG = 801 OZ. Is that correct for the torque? That seems really high for a servo that only cost $65. Not that that is a bad thing, but am I doing the math right?

Specs:
Torque (4.8V): 21.0kg-cm
Torque (6.0V): 25.0kg-cm
Speed: 0.13sec (4.8V), 0.11s (6.0V)
Operating Voltage: 4.8-6.0V
Weight: 80g
Bearing: Dual ball bearings
Motor Type: Coreless motor
Gear Type: Titanium & Steel
Dimensions: 40x20x38.8mm

OK so 25.kh-cm is more like 347 oz-inch. I think this is probably the correct conversion, which is much better than the stock 277 oz-inch on the stock servo.

here are the specs. A quick conversion shows 25 KG = 801 OZ. Is that correct for the torque? That seems really high for a servo that only cost $65. Not that that is a bad thing, but am I doing the math right?

Specs:
Torque (4.8V): 21.0kg-cm
Torque (6.0V): 25.0kg-cm
Speed: 0.13sec (4.8V), 0.11s (6.0V)
Operating Voltage: 4.8-6.0V
Weight: 80g
Bearing: Dual ball bearings
Motor Type: Coreless motor
Gear Type: Titanium & Steel
Dimensions: 40x20x38.8mm

OK so 25.kh-cm is more like 347 oz-inch. I think this is probably the correct conversion, which is much better than the stock 277 oz-inch on the stock servo.

25kg/cm is actually equal to 347oz/in

I see what you did, trying to go from kg directly to ounces, but the strength is measured in weight and distance in the case of servos. =)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back