Outcast Good Tire Option (And Cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running wide trenchers on mine. Seems to go pretty good the ballooning is unreal. Has one tried the belted tires? I have never ran the stock tires, I live with too much tar and other hard surfaces. They wouldn't last too long.

I have the SRC Terrain Crushers, but there is almost NO sidewall. So while they do have an "aggressive" off road tread I wouldn't use them for anything but Street and smoothly groomed track racing with low jumps. I did do a couple big jumps with them, but the car just seemed like it het the ground really hard without the added cushion the sidewall provides. They are also a tiny bit smaller in diameter than the stocks or the trenchers, so gong to be slower. And then considering they don't balloon at all they suffer from the loss of speed there too. Of course they handle really well. I am not sure who makes a true belted offroad tire.

I just ordered these. I wish I had seen the rest of this thread. I probably would have grabbed the $30 set. The red Chrome wheels would look sweet with the red Kraton Body. I do like the Fang pattern on the tire here though.

wc1028-1-8th-monster-tires-rims-4.gif

WOOT WOOT!, these just showed up in the mail.. They look as good as could have expected. I feel like the price is right to pick up a spare set.

WOOT WOOT!, these just showed up in the mail.. They look as good as could have expected. I feel like the price is right to pick up a spare set.
They grip really good! I ran mine the other day on a wet baseball field and it was a bit tough trying to get them to spin.

Just thought I'd share. Just took these out on 6s with the stock pinion and they performed wonderfully. No more ballooning than stock (seemingly less).

They were actually like 7 grams lighter than the Back flip tires, despite being a tad larger diameter also.

And they look good. But most importantly, pretty cheap. ($38 for four cheap). :)

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html
They fit with no issues?

Great thread. I'm ordering the $30 orange chrome set for kraton. Thanks for the great advice and info everyone!

IMG_2772.JPG
IMG_2773.JPG
I have only used these cheap tires on 4s. Tire on left is the backflips. There is more travel before truck bottoms out with these bigger
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG
tires. One of my dog bones popped out. Not sure if it was related. On 4s while doing wheelies front balloon and make a fluttering sound. Ballooning isn't out of control but it exists. I am waiting on diff oils I have ordered to attempt and reduce the power transfer to front wheels. The flutter sound is very similar to the sound that comes when tires get unglued. Tire are not unglued and I'm positive they don't have water in them. I'm not an expert on this but I'm guessing the fluttering sound is because they are off balance. Traction is amazing on soft/loose dirt and grass. I'm going to keep this set of cheaper wheels for hill climbing.

View attachment 9330 View attachment 9331 I have only used these cheap tires on 4s. Tire on left is the backflips. There is more travel before truck bottoms out with these bigger View attachment 9332 View attachment 9333 tires. One of my dog bones popped out. Not sure if it was related. On 4s while doing wheelies front balloon and make a fluttering sound. Ballooning isn't out of control but it exists. I am waiting on diff oils I have ordered to attempt and reduce the power transfer to front wheels. The flutter sound is very similar to the sound that comes when tires get unglued. Tire are not unglued and I'm positive they don't have water in them. I'm not an expert on this but I'm guessing the fluttering sound is because they are off balance. Traction is amazing on soft/loose dirt and grass. I'm going to keep this set of cheaper wheels for hill climbing.
You're probably correct on the balance of the tires and since they are taller that would make it worse. Didn't notice that with mine?

You're probably correct on the balance of the tires and since they are taller that would make it worse. Didn't notice that with mine?
Maybe I over did the wheelies? I didn't notice any sound just going back and forth doing speed runs on 4s. The end of the dog bone chewed up the a-arm a little. I do notice if I push down on my truck to get the chassis to bottom out I have to use quite i bit of force. That's not the case with my outcast with backflips. The tires have to give a little to get the chassis to bottom out on my kraton with the cheaper tire option(don't know the name of tire). Especially the rear. Do you mind pushing down on your truck to see if yours does the same? I'm hoping to solve the dog bone issue and if it isn't the tires I need to inspect other possibilities.

Update
I changed the diff fluid on my outcast and put the cheaper option wheels on and it completely took away ballooning on 4s and no fluttering noise. I'm using 100k in center diff. Front and rear are still stock.

Just a word of advice: The wheels I bought fit the Kraton and probably the Talion and Outcast, but I tried them on the Nero and the I.D. of the rim is too small. This goes for ALL Neros, Fazon etc. I bought the smaller sidewall ones but I like them on the Kraton!
View attachment 5018

View attachment 5020

The other set I bought compared to the Stock Nero wheels
View attachment 5021

These may not fit the Big Rock. I tried them on my Fazon and the rim won't fit around the rear hub.

I like the look of the "fang" tread pattern tires. Are they also slightly smaller than stock Arrma tires? I really wish they would list outside diameter of these. I'm looking for something with good traction that's slightly smaller than the Backflips, but not really small looking like original Badlands. Backflips are so big and grippy, I'm running hot on 6s and only 12T pinion in grass.

I like the look of the "fang" tread pattern tires. Are they also slightly smaller than stock Arrma tires? I really wish they would list outside diameter of these. I'm looking for something with good traction that's slightly smaller than the Backflips, but not really small looking like original Badlands. Backflips are so big and grippy, I'm running hot on 6s and only 12T pinion in grass.
They are smaller than the Original Wheels and Tires. I'm running the Kraton with a 16T pinion because of the smaller diameter.

Waiting for THESE babies to re-stock!
http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1026.html

IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG
A little rubbing with the big cheaper option when I ran them on my outcast. No backflips are available anywhere so I'm running these until I can get backflips. The cheaper option just isn't balanced well and doesn't do well when you make them balloon. I'll still run them on 4s because the issues don't seem to show up at slower rotation of tires.

View attachment 9728 View attachment 9729 A little rubbing with the big cheaper option when I ran them on my outcast. No backflips are available anywhere so I'm running these until I can get backflips. The cheaper option just isn't balanced well and doesn't do well when you make them balloon. I'll still run them on 4s because the issues don't seem to show up at slower rotation of tires.
I have the same on my outcast I made little holes in the tire t lets the dirt out and water if it's been wet. Solved my balance issue

Mine have clearance but the same marks as yours i reckon it happens only when the wheel is compressed after a landing or hard acceleration. Also a pic of the vent hole i made with a fabric hole puncher. Do you think stuff could get stuck in the rims like stones or twigs and make those marks?

Attachments

• 20170501_101019.jpg
    20170501_101019.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 20170501_093415.jpg
    20170501_093415.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20170501_093353.jpg
    20170501_093353.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 91
I have the same on my outcast I made little holes in the tire t lets the dirt out and water if it's been wet. Solved my balance issue

Mine have clearance but the same marks as yours i reckon it happens only when the wheel is compressed after a landing or hard acceleration. Also a pic of the vent hole i made with a fabric hole puncher. Do you think stuff could get stuck in the rims like stones or twigs and make those marks?
Yep, the tires are awesome for the price, but the rims do kinda suck.. Found a crack in one of mine at the spoke, but I cant flex it but hand so...

Yep, the tires are awesome for the price, but the rims do kinda suck.. Found a crack in one of mine at the spoke, but I cant flex it but hand so...
I don't have much run time on these but I have a set of minokawas from a kraton on the stock wheels that I haven't had much luck with. Cracked on the spoke and on the inside of the wheel, also blew through the sidewall of 2 different tires and the other 2 aren't in good shape.

I had to re-glue a set from NitroRX.

They were only glue at 4 points around the rim. Some hard turns and drifting in heavy gravel broke the glue off a couple of them. then gravel made it’s way inside. I drilled out some decent sized holes in each tire and ballooned the heck out of them. I got most of the junk out. And am just going to bash the crap out of them. Fot the price, they are awesome, just be sure to plug the rim hole, and vent the tire, and check that they are glued all the way around the rim.

You won't be disappointed with those. I think they're the same as this other set I have but mine have chrome rims. Seriously - I think they're the same company potentially.

Couple Extra shots.

Well the last thing I needed was more wheels,tires so then you go and show them in chrome. Smdh, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back