Outcast Good Tire Option (And Cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I asked in my own thread, but might as well ask here. Does anyone have the issue with the chassis not reaching the ground with these tires? It almost gets there but won't go all the way down.

I don't know if I have a problem with it. I know my chassis will slap the ground, landing from a big jump, but that happens with almost any tire. Once the tire sqishes, the chassis should easily tough the ground. I would rather it not hit the ground, but to make that happen, you have to stiffen the shocks to a point where the car becomes un-driveable.

So I asked in my own thread, but might as well ask here. Does anyone have the issue with the chassis not reaching the ground with these tires? It almost gets there but won't go all the way down.
The chassis should touch the floor. That keeps components from over traveling.

Tried these today for first time. They balloon up a lot and at least one was terribly unbalanced. Are there any other reasonably cheap options or Any tips to make these better?

Tried these today for first time. They balloon up a lot and at least one was terribly unbalanced. Are there any other reasonably cheap options or Any tips to make these better?
Unmount the tires from the rims, they are garbage anyway, buy some DE Racing 3.8 truggy rims you can get a set of 4 for about $20( they also have a few dfferent colors to choose from https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...s+Truggy+Wheels+1/8&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_sop=15), tape the inside of the tires and remount them to the DE Racing rims.

I've seen baking an acetone to demount. What's easiest. Will that fix the out of balance issue ? One front wheel is wobbling and its not loose .

Put acetone in a sealed container then put the tyres on top without it being submerged then wait for a day or two and the tires should easily come out without damaging the foam.

Last edited:
I don't understand where the tires go when you say don't sit them in acetone
Put a nice 2 inch layer of rocks in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, put acetoneiin bucket to just below the rocks, set tires in the bucket on top of rocks, put lid on the bucket. Check on them after 24 hours. Use gloves.

Last edited:
Sure - no problem! (Yes, I'm a little obsessed with tires and rc's... Lol)

)

I wouldn’t call it obsessed. Smart, maybe? A person should have a tire for all conditions. I try to.

Put a nice 2 inch layer of rocks in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, put acetoneiin bucket to just below the rocks, set tires in the bucket on top of rocks, put lid on the bucket. Check on them after 24 hours. Use gloves.
Just make sure to not submerge the wheel/tire in acetone or you will have to get new foams. The acetone disolves the super glue, but doesn't destroy it, it more or less thins it out. When you have a foam soaked in the acetone that has desolved the glue, then dry the foam, it gets as hard as a rock when it dries because the entire thing is covered in superglue.

I found that out many years ago when replacing 1/10 stadium tires on my first RC.

Now, if I care enough, I bake them, then while hot, I push down on the tire relatively gently while wearing those kevlar "oven mitt gloves". If it doesn't release the glue, then I bake again until it does. If you push too hard on a hot tire, it rips, especially used ones that have small nicks/cuts at the bead from bashing on concrete. BOiling works too, but baking is less of a hassle as you don't end up with scalding water squirting everywhere out of the foams.

When baking, make sure the tires have a pan or tin foil between them and the heat source, or the tires melt.

Just make sure to not submerge the wheel/tire in acetone or you will have to get new foams. The acetone disolves the super glue, but doesn't destroy it, it more or less thins it out. When you have a foam soaked in the acetone that has desolved the glue, then dry the foam, it gets as hard as a rock when it dries because the entire thing is covered in superglue.

I found that out many years ago when replacing 1/10 stadium tires on my first RC.

Now, if I care enough, I bake them, then while hot, I push down on the tire relatively gently while wearing those kevlar "oven mitt gloves". If it doesn't release the glue, then I bake again until it does. If you push too hard on a hot tire, it rips, especially used ones that have small nicks/cuts at the bead from bashing on concrete. BOiling works too, but baking is less of a hassle as you don't end up with scalding water squirting everywhere out of the foams.

When baking, make sure the tires have a pan or tin foil between them and the heat source, or the tires melt.

Yeah that's why you put rocks in the bottom of the bucket to set the tires on out of the acetone, the acetone does not actually come into contact with the tire. The fumes from the acetone makes the glue unstick.

I tried the boiling method once, boiled 1 tire for 45 min and it wouldn't even break loose.

Yeah that's why you put rocks in the bottom of the bucket to set the tires on out of the acetone, the acetone does not actually come into contact with the tire. The fumes from the acetone makes the glue unstick.
This acetone method is by far the best to remove tires from rims without destroying tires, rims, or foams.

This acetone method is by far the best to remove tires from rims without destroying tires, rims, or foams.
Just takes a lot of time and space, especially if your doing MT tires. I never tried it with just the fumes, but doing it the wrong way with the side of the tire actually in the acetone took all night to dissolve one side, then flip it, separate and put it on the other side while at work. Took me almost 4 days to unmount 4 tires.

Doing 4 in the oven all at once took an hour or so.

Got these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pi...982.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2fce2e0eya9Zk3
looks like from first post. Using them some time and they are good.
Rubber is strong, size is bigger than stocks, Can do backflip on grass. Only downside is rim which is hard to tight up (or stock wrench is bad... but imo rim is awfull) and i have lost few nuts cuz of it ;[ There are two rims in the link. Just pick the one with more space for wheel nut. The one i have is terrible...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back