Good tool bundle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skids929

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
Hey guys...can anyone recommend a good tool combo for a newbie looking to maintain and make some changes to a new rig? I read through some threads and I see alot of folks like the MIP stuff, don't know much about it. I own alot of tools already just not sure I own anything small enough to tear down an RC.

Thanks!

Don’t know what you’re driving but your manual should have a page like this. MIP is a very good choice.

29674571-E9E8-4527-886B-2BC09571F6F6.png

Amazon has some decent stuff that isn’t going to break the bank. Well all have option for tools but ur best tool would be some power tips, power bits many different terms for the same thing definitely save ur hand plus cuts time hope this helps

Hey guys...can anyone recommend a good tool combo for a newbie looking to maintain and make some changes to a new rig? I read through some threads and I see alot of folks like the MIP stuff, don't know much about it. I own alot of tools already just not sure I own anything small enough to tear down an RC.

Thanks!

I have been happy with these when I came in the hobby:

Nut driver set
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynami...-5-piece-metric-nut-driver-set-dyn2806/p38298

Like the hex wrench set use free hand or add to my drill
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynami...metric-hex-wrench-set-w-handle-dyn2930/p25104

Metric hex driver set....always used everyday and fit like a glove in the screw heads
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynami...ined-metric-hex-driver-set-4-dynt2030/p393864

Hope that helps I'm no problem but questions are welcomed....

Thanks guys, Ill take a look at these sets looks like some great options. I should have mentioned this would be for a Kraton 6s, sorry. I can take a look at the manual as well and see the most common sizes for that truck too. Just want to make sure I am covered so I am not mid fix and have to run all over to find some specialty bit or wrench.

I use this along with my MIPs

View attachment 102269
Are those 1/4" hex or something smaller? I ordered a cheap set on amazon like that and didn't even think about it until they showed up, then realized the hex was too small for my electric driver or any of my hand drivers, which kind of made it useless to me as the small handle is hard for me to hold... old arthritic hands.

I bought the Neewer set of hex drivers and they have been great. I did have to pull the grub screws out, loctite them and the tighten them back up. The irony...

I bought the set of 5 Dynamite nut drivers and they have been great. After watching YouTube I was prepared to have to heat the grub screws that hold the hub pins in the hex, but a 17mm wrench and the Neewer hex driver and I was able to break them free pretty easily.

The only thing I have bent is a 2.5mm speed tip that I bought trying to get one of the screws out that go into the bottom of the motor mount on the Notorious. Some heat will fix that I'm sure, there are so far only 2 screws I haven't been able to get out, but I have enough experience mechanically to have a feel for how much force will strip or break a screw, so I haven't stripped anything. The Neewer hex drivers are really lasting well so far, I saw the price on the MIP drivers but I think the Neewer set is very good.

I bought the Neewer set of hex drivers and they have been great. I did have to pull the grub screws out, loctite them and the tighten them back up. The irony...

I bought the set of 5 Dynamite nut drivers and they have been great. After watching YouTube I was prepared to have to heat the grub screws that hold the hub pins in the hex, but a 17mm wrench and the Neewer hex driver and I was able to break them free pretty easily.

The only thing I have bent is a 2.5mm speed tip that I bought trying to get one of the screws out that go into the bottom of the motor mount on the Notorious. Some heat will fix that I'm sure, there are so far only 2 screws I haven't been able to get out, but I have enough experience mechanically to have a feel for how much force will strip or break a screw, so I haven't stripped anything. The Neewer hex drivers are really lasting well so far, I saw the price on the MIP drivers but I think the Neewer set is very good.
My Neewer 2.5mm finally snapped at the grub screw. I simply made a new flat spot further down the shaft and it’s still kicking. It’s shorter now, but still works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back