Kraton Good video showing the Kraton’s biggest weak spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some square aluminum ones and it seemed really heavy, then I got some carbon fiber tubing (it's rediculously light, looks cool, and rigid as hell) for drones. Not to expensive $22 Amazon prime long enough to do my Kraton and Outcast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 86
i haven't bent any of my chassis', but I'm all for preventative measures. How does the T2T braces work in stopping flex? It would almost seem to me that it would just cause forward flex at the point of the tower and perhaps cause them to rip out of the bulkheads.

I may try to double up on the chassis. It might be a few extra oz, but might be the way to go. Seems with all the extra crap we put on theses rigs, another 6-7 oz isn't gonna matter much. With the huge tires and all the other aluminum bling, they're kinda pigs anyway.

Anyone know what the chassis actually weighs?

i haven't bent any of my chassis', but I'm all for preventative measures. How does the T2T braces work in stopping flex? It would almost seem to me that it would just cause forward flex at the point of the tower and perhaps cause them to rip out of the bulkheads.

I may try to double up on the chassis. It might be a few extra oz, but might be the way to go. Seems with all the extra crap we put on theses rigs, another 6-7 oz isn't gonna matter much. With the huge tires and all the other aluminum bling, they're kinda pigs anyway.

I think you have the right of it. the T2T transfers the stress that was flexing the chassis to the towers. Seems there have been lots of pics of bent shock towers. So then you get the beefy Voltage hobbies shock towers, and start breaking bulkheads.

There is also the "JustBashIt" chassis. Milled chassis from higher quality aluminum, with some nice siderails. Pretty, but I have not seen anyone with this chassis really send it.

This is a cheapish and easy option as well, all you need are 2 chassis and screws that are 3mm longer.

Made myself a quick tower to tower brace today.
I’m thinking it might transfer all the force to the plastic diff cases and snap them though?
Guess I’ll find out this weekend ??

Attachments

• 6C9C1955-4C42-406B-9A87-E687C57F6E00.jpeg
    6C9C1955-4C42-406B-9A87-E687C57F6E00.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 70
Made myself a quick tower to tower brace today.
I’m thinking it might transfer all the force to the plastic diff cases and snap them though?
Guess I’ll find out this weekend ??

That or the shock towers will bend around it.

That or the shock towers will bend around it.
That does happen. Without it though, the towers fold in anyway and you flex the chassis/bend dog bones/snap chassis braces. I've done all the above with my outcast and my buddies talion before the T2T brace. Now that I have the brace, the towers do bend, but I don't have the other problems. I also haven't really had any issues with the bulk/diff cases either. I'm running stock towers. I thought about getting the VR towers, but for now, I'll stick with the cheap and flexible stock ones. They bend back with a few whacks of a hammer on a wood block. Eventually they crack, but I get quite a few bash sessions and bendings before that happens.

I had one crack, but it cracked where I had a hole drilled to support 1/4" steel key stock as a T2T brace. I'm now using 3/4" or 1" square aluminum tubing which spreads the load more and I didn't drill holes in the center of the tower for it. It just hangs on the front/rear towers on a slot I cut in the tubing.

I ordered braces from markour last week. The only worry I have is that they might be brittle in the cold weather. Not sure if carbon fiber will lose strength

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back