Kraton Good video showing the Kraton’s biggest weak spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s some pics

Attachments

• AC6B5591-8E81-4C72-9CAE-D6F644E1FB65.jpeg
    AC6B5591-8E81-4C72-9CAE-D6F644E1FB65.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 6C808325-B8BF-4355-8987-3C3795C3DDD7.jpeg
    6C808325-B8BF-4355-8987-3C3795C3DDD7.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 56
I tried round aluminum rod from lowes on mine. It's too soft and bends. The square stuff is soft and easy to cut, but doesn't bend like the round stock does.

I tried round aluminum rod from lowes on mine. It's too soft and bends. The square stuff is soft and easy to cut, but doesn't bend like the round stock does.
A friend of mine used round rod but he used 3/8” it’s much smaller than my 1/2” and he bent his. I’ve yet to bend it

A friend of mine used round rod but he used 3/8” it’s much smaller than my 1/2” and he bent his. I’ve yet to bend it
I used 1/2" aluminum rod as well and mine is still straight as an arrow.

A tower to tower brace is about all the upgrades I have and I've nosed dived so many times I've bent my tbr trasher bumper. No aluminum chassis braces, no nothing as far as upgrades. Never bent a thing never had a problem with the body shell. I bash at motorcross track as well and jumps are pretty big, no damage. I've only broke a couple a arms which I thought were pretty minor hits but they broke anyways. I thought the vid was pretty stupid concerning he new what he needed to do to prevent it from happening, so y ruin your rc for nothing.

Hey guys,

I will never abuse my Kraton like Kevin did in that video, but I would like to reïnforce my RC cars as much as possible just in case. That's why I doubled up the chassis, installed GKA Customs aluminum upgraded in the essential areas, installed a RPM bumper, and completely reïnforced the body of the Kraton with my custom method. Also some other mods. See this video in which I show all of the mods I did:

Kraton in GKA customs theme and other mods

I hope this helps if anyone out there is also looking to sort of bulletproof their Kraton.

How about someone makes a "how to", step by step video? I'm just not comfortable winging it on my own. I can do almost anything given the tools and proper instructions.

Step 1 - go to home depot, buy a bunch of crap you probably don't need.
2 - Grab your Kraton and all you HD crap and spread it out.
3 drink a beer while staring at the truck. occitaionally pick up a piece and stare at it for a while. If anyone asks, say you are "planning"
4 grab a long piece of HD crap, and cut it. Then measure it and find it is too short. Cut it again.
5. start charging batteries, 'cuz you know it is gonna be time to SEND IT soon.
6 - use some zip ties to make the HD stuff sort of work.
7 - SEND IT!

At least, that is how most of my projects work.... LOL

Step 1 - go to home depot, buy a bunch of crap you probably don't need.
2 - Grab your Kraton and all you HD crap and spread it out.
3 drink a beer while staring at the truck. occitaionally pick up a piece and stare at it for a while. If anyone asks, say you are "planning"
4 grab a long piece of HD crap, and cut it. Then measure it and find it is too short. Cut it again.
5. start charging batteries, 'cuz you know it is gonna be time to SEND IT soon.
6 - use some zip ties to make the HD stuff sort of work.
7 - SEND IT!

At least, that is how most of my projects work.... LOL

How am I doing so far?
20181003_180026.jpg

?

Seriously though. I think the 1" might be too big. Should I try it?

Hey guys,

I will never abuse my Kraton like Kevin did in that video, but I would like to reïnforce my RC cars as much as possible just in case. That's why I doubled up the chassis, installed GKA Customs aluminum upgraded in the essential areas, installed a RPM bumper, and completely reïnforced the body of the Kraton with my custom method. Also some other mods. See this video in which I show all of the mods I did:

Kraton in GKA customs theme and other mods

I hope this helps if anyone out there is also looking to sort of bulletproof their Kraton.

I just got a chance to watch your video (love the accent by the way!). You did a fantastic job! First off, it looks like you could use the body as a car ramp, lol. It looks so rigid. Excellent job. What really intrigues me is the double chassis. I have a couple of questions. First, what did you use the cut the second chassis? Something tells me I will need more than my dremmel, lol. And second, did you just uses longer hexes for all the hex screws that would pass through both chassis? Again, excellent job and I can guarantee that would hold up to anything Kevin could throw at it!?

Should still work. The 3/4" makes it so you still have to mess up/remove the center posts in the roll bar thingy.

I'm going to have to remove the X's with one inch too, no?

I might go the double chassis route. I'm loving that idea.

I'm going to have to remove the X's with one inch too, no?

I might go the double chassis route. I'm loving that idea.
I did on my outcast. I cut the top part and the X out of it. I think I still have the bottom horizontal bar there.

Double chassis would add a lot more weight than the T2T brace. Best would be to get a 7075 chassis. Even the, I'd still run the brace to give the towers some strength.

I did on my outcast. I cut the top part and the X out of it. I think I still have the bottom horizontal bar there.

Double chassis would add a lot more weight than the T2T brace. Best would be to get a 7075 chassis. Even the, I'd still run the brace to give the towers some strength.

I'm running Voltage Hobbies shock towers. They are super beefy. I hear you about the weight but I don't think you would bend the chassis with it doubled up. I'll try the brace, I just have the way it looks.

Does the outcast chassis bend easily too? Its shorter so shouldn't be as bad, but I'm wondering if I need to add a tower to tower brace on mine.

Does the outcast chassis bend easily too? Its shorter so shouldn't be as bad, but I'm wondering if I need to add a tower to tower brace on mine.

I have a Typhon which uses the same chassis. It definitely doesn't bend as easily but I have found a bent front center dogbone so it does flex (I do launch mine though). A T2T can't hurt if you like to really send it. For driving around on grass and dirt without the big air you probably don't need one.

I've jumped mine at least 50 times (had it for less than a week now) without any issues, but the jumps were only about 20 feet long and 5-10 feet high and the landings are sloped down. I'm guessing if do a hard nose dive I might run into a problem. I don't like fixing things so I've learned to be more controlled with my driving.

They all bend the best thing is the t2t brace. My friends typhoon has a bent chassis pretty much between the 2 chassis braces. He has no t2t brace

I think I have a small theory on how it can bend easily. Heat from the motor. There were many times where I picked up my kraton or outcast and it was pretty warm on the bottom of the chassis. I don't know if it gets warm enough to weaken the aluminum but it might be possible.

Almost thinking of putting some sort of insulation tape under the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back