Kraton Good video showing the Kraton’s biggest weak spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s

Video really hits the nail on the head. First the body didn’t last one bash session and then the chassis is just bent to hell. Granted he was beating the piss out of it but I would really like to see a tower to tower kit produced by one of the big aftermarket companies. Or easier accessibility to thicker chassis. Has anyone ever tried doubling up the stock chassis?

Last edited:
Stoped 1/2 way through. Anybody can destroy something. Not my style. Each to their own. I do think it would be cool to have stronger after market TT braces and thicker chassis. Not sure those would have helped in the video though.

Yea, aftermarket chassis's would be awesome but I think the only one I found is on facebook and is pretty pricey. I don't do facebook and I want to see how my tower to tower braces do before spending lots on a better chassis

Was also looking at this before and its looks like it would help with the chassis flex https://www.ampedrc.com.au/product/markhor-rc-kraton-and-talion-carbon-fibre-top-deck/ They are located in Australia though and who knows if they ship to NA. Probably wouldn't be too hard to make yourself if you had the tools

Last edited:
Yeah, he's really hard on stuff, but watching that video, it wasn't anything outside what I do with my trucks. The aluminum on arrma trucks is really soft. Reminds me of XTM stuff. Having the kraton/talion with more distance between the center/rear makes it even more prone to tweaking. Only takes one nose heavy or rear chassis slap landing to bend it. From that point on, it just gets worse.

Start with a T2T brace, throw some hot racing chassis/VH braces and bits on it and it stays true much better than doing so later after it's already been tweaked.

I really wonder if a T2T is needed. When I got my Kraton, the chassis flex was crazy - it would rip the rear body mounts out of the body, I would fix them, repeat over and over. Also bent the rear of the chassis once or twice. Cheap bastard that I am, I just hammer it flat again. Then about the same time, I swapped to GKA aluminum chassis braces, and got a new body. That was a long while back, maybe 18 months? I have not had any damage to the new body due to chassis flex.

Mind you, I don't jump like DuperBash, but my Kraton does not have an easy life either. (really, it is my teen son's Kraton, so use your imagination... LOL)

Please show me the RC car that isn't susceptible to breaking on the 30 foot drop. I'm pretty sure that's a weak point for every RC car on the planet. Not trying to start a fire just stating the obvious.

I stopped watching Kevs videos a while ago, but at least he finally tested out a Kraton. As much as he looks like an idiot, he can actually drive fairly well, that is when he isn't trying to destroy things on purpose.

I really wonder if a T2T is needed. When I got my Kraton, the chassis flex was crazy - it would rip the rear body mounts out of the body, I would fix them, repeat over and over. Also bent the rear of the chassis once or twice. Cheap bastard that I am, I just hammer it flat again. Then about the same time, I swapped to GKA aluminum chassis braces, and got a new body. That was a long while back, maybe 18 months? I have not had any damage to the new body due to chassis flex.

Mind you, I don't jump like DuperBash, but my Kraton does not have an easy life either. (really, it is my teen son's Kraton, so use your imagination... LOL)
T2t brace does wonders for the chassis.

I thought that as well until I saw my buddies talion that looks like a banana. He has alloy center braces front/rear and they are straight as a pin, but you can see it bows right at the foot of those near the open space between them and the center diff. He airs his out as much as I do my outcast now. Seeing what his talion could live through is why I bought an outcast. Without the T2T though, he has bent more than one center axle and has a very obvious bow to the entire chassis plate. Neither of us have had chassis bowing issues since we put in the T2T brace. He has his going from teh top of the front to the base of the rear tower. I have mine going from top to top since my body is higher and allows for it.

I know things will break. Launching a 15lb+ vehicle 50 feet, even landing on the wheels, I'm amazed the motor can doesn't just rip off the screws.

I’m sorry but the erevo would never survive that bash
Not without some upgrades. I have to admit, I drive my ERBE and SavageFlux with kid gloves compared to how I bash my outcast, stampede 4x4 and even my eJato. Those three, I just send it and hope the wheels find the ground. :)

I'm actually quite impressed with how much of a beating the Kraton took. I reckon a lot of similarly (and some more expensively) priced RC cars wouldn't have made it to the halfway point.

I straightened my Kraton chassis not that long ago and it really wasn't that bad. I run the Hot Racing braces and it was slightly bowed right in between where they mount to the chassis. What really bothers me is how the stock body just gets detroyed so easily. I jump my Kraton. That's pretty much all I do with it and it's a ton of fun. But I'm on my 3rs body already.

I really should run a tower to tower but I'm waiting for someone to come out with a kit.

I straightened my Kraton chassis not that long ago and it really wasn't that bad. I run the Hot Racing braces and it was slightly bowed right in between where they mount to the chassis. What really bothers me is how the stock body just gets detroyed so easily. I jump my Kraton. That's pretty much all I do with it and it's a ton of fun. But I'm on my 3rs body already.

I really should run a tower to tower but I'm waiting for someone to come out with a kit.
Just make one it’s very easy

Just make one it’s very easy

I knew someone was going to post that, lol.

How about someone makes a "how to", step by step video? I'm just not comfortable winging it on my own. I can do almost anything given the tools and proper instructions.

How about someone makes a "how to", step by step video? I'm just not comfortable winging it on my own. I can do almost anything given the tools and proper instructions.
Come on Adam. I used a 1/2” aluminum rod from homedepot it comes in 3ft long. I cut it using a hacksaw. I as for the length I went 1/2” passed the front and rear towers. I then placed it on top of the towers marked front and back of each tower on the rod grabbed my dremel and notched it roughly 1/4” deep where it sits on the towers and then zip tied them in.

Or complicate the crap out of it:

I just winged it. Got some 1" aluminum tubing, cut it with a hack saw to be an inch or so longer than I needed, marked it for a slot on the rear, cut it, then marked it on the front, cut it, then threw some zips on it.
2018-0915-Outcast-HotRacingFrontBrace-HomeadeCenterBrace.jpg

Took about 15 minutes. Probably could have measured better. I have enough 1" to make another.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back