Goodby Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4S or 6S, and what LiPo's are you running to get 45+ minutes? Sounds AWESOME!!!

IKR! There's only 3 ways I get 45 min of runtime.

1) run 2 sets of packs through it
2) lots of in field repairs
3) my driving is so bad that day I spend 25 mins doing the walk of shame....lol

I use SMC 3s 7200mAh batteries and I only get around 20 mins per set.

IKR! There's only 3 ways I get 45 min of runtime.

1) run 2 sets of packs through it
2) lots of in field repairs
3) my driving is so bad that day I spend 25 mins doing the walk of shame....lol

I use SMC 3s 7200mAh batteries and I only get around 20 mins per set.
20 minutes sounds great! & that walk of shame, I know all about this topic!!! So how much those 3S 7200mah LiPo's cost ya??? I just got off work and will be in bed soon as I quit yapping. Then heading to my LHS too buy a new Arrma something or other... Just curious about the LiPo costs now ;)

20 minutes sounds great! & that walk of shame, I know all about this topic!!! So how much those 3S 7200mah LiPo's cost ya??? I just got off work and will be in bed soon as I quit yapping. Then heading to my LHS too buy a new Arrma something or other... Just curious about the LiPo costs now ;)

Oh....I love SMC batteries. Great batteries and the are pretty cheap. Those batteries are about $60 a piece plus shipping. I have a newer set that is 90c and their older set that's 60s. Check them out I definitely recommend those batteries. It's a real tight fit in the Nero. You have to push them all the way in or the door won't close. You will also have a slight bulge in the battery compartments but I've never had an issue.

Onyx 3c 5400 Mah x 2
I may have been thinking about my Yeti XL, not sure. I did run it until cut- off, 45 + minutes might be a slight optimistic exaggeration. But I know I've gotten 35+ with Nero, no breakage, no down time, only a couple of minutes walking (not carrying) it to a different location.
I'm going to fully charge batteries this morning and try to do a time test later.

Just got home from running my Nero on fully charged Onyx 5400 50c batteries. 36 minutes :)
Lots of jumps ( pretty tame ones nothing over five or 6 feet ) did Land shiny side down three or four times. Wheelies for about five minutes. The local kids have turned a nearby field into a fairly large makeshift BMX course. That is where I practice speed and steering.
All 6 cells read 3.71 on my Lipo meter when I got home. Obviously I need to immediately bring those back to a storage charge.

I've got a couple LECTRON PRO 5'200MAH 50C that I ran in my XL and B. REVO, they seem to hold up pretty well.

Also 2 Onyx 3S 5'000MAH 25C LiPo's, that I would have to be careful running. But they both ran great in both of my other truck's.

Last edited:
Onyx 3c 5400 mAh x 2
I may have been thinking about my Yeti XL, not sure. I did run it until cut- off, 45 + minutes might be a slight optimistic exaggeration. But I know I've gotten 35+ with Nero, no breakage, no down time, only a couple of minutes walking (not carrying) it to a different location.
I'm going to fully charge batteries this morning and try to do a time test later.

Just got home from running my Nero on fully charged Onyx 5400 50c batteries. 36 minutes :)
Lots of jumps ( pretty tame ones nothing over five or 6 feet ) did Land shiny side down three or four times. Wheelies for about five minutes. The local kids have turned a nearby field into a fairly large makeshift BMX course. That is where I practice speed and steering.
All 6 cells read 3.71 on my LiPo meter when I got home. Obviously I need to immediately bring those back to a storage charge.

Wow....36 mins. I'm impressed. I guess my heavy trigger finger on my Nero really kills my run time. Lol!

Just bought the Nero with diff brain on Friday. And I've broken it. But key word was "I". Took it to the local pump track. And sent it airborn. Over and over and over.
Landed upsidedown from a good 17 feet.
No damage. It wasn't until my son sent it vertical up the side of a quarter pipe 25 feet in the air that it broke. And all that broke was a shock end and a rocker pin.
So I will have to say I'm absolutely impressed with the durability of these big buggers

I have to admit that I'm a bit of a light weight on the jumps, but I do get air time. But my wheels look like pizzas when I get going in open space.

Looks like u just got in there, checked today for a buddy and back off sale...
I was in bed at 8:00, up with the wife at 12:00, and the Big Rock was back to $670. So I decided to buy the Nero and some XT90 charge plugs and a bag of female XT90 plugs for the LiPo's. And yes I was a little bummed at first, and after studying all 3 Nero based monster's. I'm pretty happy with the Nero ;)

Honestly I don't see the difference between the stock Drive shafts, on the Nero & Fazon! I do see the obvious difference between the stock and H.D. shock cups & H.D. rod ends. I could have bought the Fazon, and don't get me wrong... I LOVE THE LOOKS OF IT!!!!!!! And the Big Rock, well I could have bought it. But after studying the 3, I was like okay it goes like this. Bone stock Nero, 6S from day one, insanity on the trigger finger!!! I can't wait to run this beast, F.P.V. STYLE and don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting to beat it to within an inch of its life But I do look forward to turning wrenches on it!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Long story short, wife is working mid's from 01:00 to 09:00. I'm working mid's also but am on my two days off. Anybody ever loose sleep over deciding what truck or part's your wanting to buy??? I was tossing around the Nero, Fazon, & Big Rock. Because I love different things about all three of them. I had to pee around midnight, so okay now I'm awake... Might as well took at the Big Rock one more time before the alarm clock goes off at 07:40. Because I was going to meet the Shop owner at 08:30 and wanted to know it was still available for $620. And poof it was back to $670... Oh dude, seriously!?!?... So I started looking at everything I could see different between the 3. I thought okay the Fazon is $650 and the only upgrade from the Nero is the H.D. shock part's, Shafts, Cups, rod ends... To me that doesn't justify the extra $50. So I started thinking the Nero was the way to go, because if I do break it, then I will upgrade it as I go. Hence the Nero on the way ;) Wow, & I said long story short. Hahaha, I would hate to see a long story... ;)

So after changing my Facebook cover photo to the Nero, one of the guy's that chimed in. Said hey man, I have that same Nero still in the unopened box. Sitting at the Shop, he said I don't know if I should keep it, or sell it for $500. I told him that was an awesome price tag!!! After he told me he's selling for $600 and was going to surprise who ever is going to buy it with a $100 off. He just opened up the Shop last fall! He said that he got a good deal on it just before Christmas and was going to pass the deal to the RC community!!! Oh dude, so awesome that is!!! Here's where it gets a little tricky... I bought the Nero yesterday from my local Shop, because I don't want to ask my wife for the last $20 that I was short for the Big Rock. Also told her that I wasn't going to be asking for any extra RC money this new year!!! She still doesn't believe me!!!!!! So I told her about this Nero sitting in a new Shop 50 miles away in the new Shop, and she said is it used? I said nope still in the unopened box! I could tell she was thinking about it... So she said you have to work the next two day's, I said yep! So do you think he would hold it for you until Friday? I said yeah of course, if I asked him to. She told me we could buy it on Friday then! I dang near fell out of my chair!!! I'm speechless!!! So now it's looking like I will need to turn one into a Fazon, just because... Not that I need a second Nero, oh wait a minute. I do!!! I will let you know how it goes... ;)

Okay, I've been awake since 07:40 yesterday morning. I can't daydream about RC car's anymore, gotta head to work in 12 hours, so it's bedtime!!! See you all on the flip side!!! ;)

Last edited:
Maybe just an information concerning LiPo an a long runtime with a Nero.
When i bought my Big Rock 6 weeks ago, i asked the dealer for fitting LiPo´s.
Sure he preferred 3s, but mostly i drive in mud and dirt and so i decided to 2s (4s in the Nero).
We fount out that a SLS Xtron 2s 5300mA will fit in the battery box with much space on the sides and so i tried to put a second pack into the box just for joke..... Its fits!
So i bought 4 Packs of then and so it is possible to have 4s and 10600mA! I never close this config tis yet, cause my runtime is normally around 20Min. With 6s 5500mA a little longer.

Regards,
lonee

Maybe just an information concerning LiPo an a long runtime with a Nero.
When i bought my Big Rock 6 weeks ago, i asked the dealer for fitting LiPo´s.
Sure he preferred 3s, but mostly i drive in mud and dirt and so i decided to 2s (4s in the Nero).
We fount out that a SLS Xtron 2s 5300mA will fit in the battery box with much space on the sides and so i tried to put a second pack into the box just for joke..... Its fits!
So i bought 4 Packs of then and so it is possible to have 4s and 10600mA! I never close this config tis yet, cause my runtime is normally around 20Min. With 6s 5500mA a little longer.

Regards,
lonee
You can check out the thread listed below on this topic. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to wire two packs each into series and then wire those two groups into parallel. It would still be 4s and be able to put out more amps.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/parallel-into-series-for-super-high-mah.2133/#post-21705

Oh, i could see a reason. My Dog like to hunt my rc cars. When we are walking through the forrest, with the nero i can prevent that he hunts other animals thet my nero! :) Thats the case when i need looooong runtime.
Till yet i always put some packs in my pockets that i not need to carry the car by myself! ;)

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back