Goodby Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bic1090

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys. I am done with my Nero. I somehow broke the pin in the "HD" axle u joint area. I am tired of breaking parts everytime I go out, and have not even ran it hard. I have not gotten more than 8 min before breaking something. Over it. I am going to replace all the electronics with stock parts, fix the axle, and sell it. I am looking into getting a Kraton instead, as they are proven to be super durable. I'm not expecting a miracle that I won't break parts on the Kraton, just not as often. Hope you all have better luck than me. Sucks that this way my first Arrma vehicle, and this is how it has gone. Live and learn I suppose. Bad luck for me.

Hey guys. I am done with my Nero. I somehow broke the pin in the "HD" axle u joint area. I am tired of breaking parts everytime I go out, and have not even ran it hard. I have not gotten more than 8 min before breaking something. Over it. I am going to replace all the electronics with stock parts, fix the axle, and sell it. I am looking into getting a Kraton instead, as they are proven to be super durable. I'm not expecting a miracle that I won't break parts on the Kraton, just not as often. Hope you all have better luck than me. Sucks that this way my first Arrma vehicle, and this is how it has gone. Live and learn I suppose. Bad luck for me.

yeah..hate that happens....but yeah...krayton. ..outcast..senton...all simpler and tougher...nero a bit heavier and more stuff to break...mine hasn't been too bad...

fix it...sell it...or sell it as is and move on...I wouldn't mind a parts car...

good luck dude ..

yeah..hate that happens....but yeah...krayton. ..outcast..senton...all simpler and tougher...nero a bit heavier and more stuff to break...mine hasn't been too bad...

fix it...sell it...or sell it as is and move on...I wouldn't mind a parts car...

good luck dude ..
I need to send in my stock electronics and replace the axle. Swap back in the stock stuff then sell it. I at least want to sell it driveable. I love the design and concept of it, but I personally don't think enough was done on the drivetrain for this heavy of a truck. My .02.

Im in same boat with my nero also. Like it but cant get through a set of batteries without a breakage. Pretty sad i have ALOT of spare parts because something always breaks. It is for sale with all parts!

Im in same boat with my nero also. Like it but cant get through a set of batteries without a breakage. Pretty sad i have ALOT of spare parts because something always breaks. It is for sale with all parts!
Ditto. It's a shame because the Nero really is a cool truck.

Ditto. It's a shame because the Nero really is a cool truck.
Had mine since July. No major issues as I keep it on the ground. Rod ends and shock ends. Non diff brain version. My fazon had a bunch of the drivetrain pins but that was me going full throttle with center locked.

Sorry to see you're giving up on it. It's really an amazing truck but it does take some finesse to drive it without breaking it. It's big, heavy and has a ton of torque. It has a bit of a learning curve that some of the lighter cars don't have. Once you learn some throttle control and which modes to be in for the things you're doing at the time, you don't break much at all. It's definitely not a point and shoot rig.

without insulting anyone -There needs to be difficulty levels with each truck like Traxxas does. Im sure its against sales targets but a lot of people experiencing these problems are people who switch modes and don't realize how diffs actually work. Not to mention - common sense also plays a part. I was breaking pins left and right until Josh and a few others told me to stop driving like a 14 yr old and understand throttle control and agin....common sense. This is one example out of god knows how many positive and happy Arrma people out here. Mr Furoius said it best - It takes finesse and its nota point & shoot rig.

I've had mine a few months now, lots of open field speed,moderately aggressive climbing/ dry river bed rocky runs, wheelies on occasion ( real skill would be doing wheelies with no bar ), not too much drifting. I always come to a complete stop before changing diffs.
Only broken part so far is a rod end. I drive it trying to learn it's limits and improving skills.My money is hard to come by so I find that maintenance and skill set are 1/2 the fun. There is a lot of satisfaction that comes from putting a Nero through its paces for 45 + minutes and only having to clean it up when finished.

I bought one when it was on sale (Non diff brain) and wanted to give it to my Son for Christmas but had a different one for him already. Decided to leave it boxed for his Birthday and see how he progresses.
Anyway, I was reading through some of the Nero posts and started wondering if it was way above his skill level. He handles my Outcast OK but like Julian says "There needs to be difficulty levels with each truck". I also read something in another post that made me start thinking about this. Imagine a 13+ pound r/c vehicle travelling at 30 to 40 mph and striking someone. May not be a good choice for young ones. JMO

Id be interested in it broken or not. Feel free to email [email protected]

Don't get me wrong. I love the Nero when it it running the way it should be. And yes there is a learning curve with every vehicle. I guess I am just too hard on the Nero, and I personally don't think my jumps are asking that much from the truck. My friend had a Kraton that takes the same jumps without breaking every time out. Different trucks, different weights I know. I'm just too aggressive for it I guess, and therefore it's not for me given my driving style. I spend more time wrenching on it then I do driving it, and that's not how it should be. Regardless, I'm staying Arrma and going Kraton. I will say that the Nero has def given me more experience, and that is a good thing.

I bought one when it was on sale (Non diff brain) and wanted to give it to my Son for Christmas but had a different one for him already. Decided to leave it boxed for his Birthday and see how he progresses.
Anyway, I was reading through some of the Nero posts and started wondering if it was way above his skill level. He handles my Outcast OK but like Julian says "There needs to be difficulty levels with each truck". I also read something in another post that made me start thinking about this. Imagine a 13+ pound r/c vehicle travelling at 30 to 40 mph and striking someone. May not be a good choice for young ones. JMO
Exactly - Some guy on fb got his 5 year old an OutCast and I started Oliver out at 9 with a brushed truck that goes 30mph and I was concerned with that!. My Redcat TRMT8e was coming down the hill right at me and went into a cartwheel - I decided to try and catch it because I was sooooo tired of the hobby store back n forth...huge mistake - it hit my forearm and I literally though I had a broken elbow or forearm. Went to the ER and X-ray came back negative but it was black and blue - nasty bruise. Hitting a kid - and remember the lipos add 5 lbs so its 20lbs of metal going 40-60mph? Hers my humble take..

Beginner level - all the Brushed RCs
Intermediate - Kraton, Outcast, Senton - traditional design easy to wrench in and out of
Advanced - Nero, fazon & Big Rock - Monster Trucks 14lbs & up

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 68
Exactly - Some guy on fb got his 5 year old an OutCast and I started Oliver out at 9 with a brushed truck that goes 30mph and I was concerned with that!. My Redcat TRMT8e was coming down the hill right at me and went into a cartwheel - I decided to try and catch it because I was sooooo tired of the hobby store back n forth...huge mistake - it hit my forearm and I literally though I had a broken elbow or forearm. Went to the ER and X-ray came back negative but it was black and blue - nasty bruise. Hitting a kid - and remember the lipos add 5 lbs so its 20lbs of metal going 40-60mph? Hers my humble take..

Beginner level - all the Brushed RCs
Intermediate - Kraton, Outcast, Senton - traditional design easy to wrench in and out of
Advanced - Nero, fazon & Big Rock - Monster Trucks 14lbs & up

I just took the Nero out of the box and even without the body, it's heavier than my Kraton. I'm not worrying about wrenching on it... It's what I do for a living being a Mechanic, I just don't want him to hurt himself or anyone else! He hit my ankle with his Arrma Raider while running in our yard and it was sore!
20161229_113525.jpg

BTW I did notice it comes with the radio with the dial for the diff brain in case you decide to upgrade later. Just a heads up.

Diff brain you can get yes - another reason I went with the brainless one. I heard that blast mode bleeds mostly to the front wheels but thats correctable with thicker center diff fluid is all. My guy at the Hobby shop George is also a mechanic - you guys have that general skill set - awesome. I got mine back in July and love it. A few rod ends and shock ends replaced and a upper A arm from hitting a garbage container. I got a set of the HD BigRock Shocks on eBay for like 35$ and also replaced all axles with the HD UJs.

If I ever break anything like that, I'll upgrade to HD then.

I guess mine came bullet prove already, big jumps spees runs paved road off road flipping and nothing have brake yet ( body is all bend and crack) hopefully i keep with that luck for long

My 10 y/o typhon running only 4s is good for him, he start when he was 8, my talion is a little too mutch for him even on 4s now the nero is just no truck for a boy or someone with no throttle control

Attachments

• 20161230_163652.jpg
    20161230_163652.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2016-12-31-08-25-41.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-31-08-25-41.png
    798.7 KB · Views: 63
"My 10 y/o typhon running only 4s is good for him, he start when he was 8, my talion is a little too mutch for him even on 4s now the nero is just no truck for a boy or someone with no throttle control"

SOOOOOOOO TRUUUUUUUU ! I grab the radio away from my 10 yr old right away - Got him the Outcast - restricted to 4S - 10 year old s are insane.....
Also got him a Ken Block HPI WRX Flux ....... way more his style - he drifts it all day.....

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 50
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back