Goodies turned up from the printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 3s
Some new SLS nylon prototypes arrived from the printer today.
6S parts
- EXB bumper experiments (likely to fail but hey give it a go)
- 6S wing mount structs

Also in picture
- 3S Steering cover
- 3S Replacement steering link and balls - larger balls to help reduce wear
- 3S Replacement pivot balls made at 7.0, 7.1, 7.2mm to allow for a tight fit even as the rod ends wear
- Slightly updated Senton 3S bumper mount
- Some Traxxas Stampede custom rear hubs to allow for a larger 5x16x5mm outer bearing

20210716_104303.jpg

More to follow as I install / test them

What do you need to cut the balls off as needed?
Just a standard razor knife, slices through them, with a rag to stop it flying across the room. I also have to clean the unused powder from the centre with a drill as such a long tube gets clogged in the SLS process.
Got the structs fitted. Starting with the slimmest version (8mm) that is designed to work with wing in high and low positions as that's the weakest version, will see how that works out for a while.
20210716_145711.jpg
20210716_145703.jpg

Last edited:
(Not sure why this thread disappeared last time)

Some new SLS nylon prototypes arrived from the printer today.
- 3S Steering cover
- 3S Replacement steering link and balls - larger balls to help reduce wear
- 3S Replacement pivot balls made at 7.0, 7.1, 7.2mm to allow for a tight fit even as the rod ends wear
- Slightly updated Senton 3S bumper mount

Plus some other 6S parts covered in a 6S thread and some Traxxas hubs

20210716_104303.jpg

I've now got the pivot balls fitted to the front and the steering link fitted too - now have zero play. The various sizes of pivot balls allowed me to fit depending on how much the rod end was worn. Eliminating all the slop in the front end really does bring the steering alive.
20210716_140827.jpg

And the steering cover fitted
20210716_132001.jpg

So first try at the bumper smashed out (PA12 is too brittle) so I've got a redesign in PA11 to try
20210729_202507.jpg
20210729_185137.jpg
20210729_192506.jpg

Also new wing struts - same deal PA11 rather than PA12 and designed with pieces to fit the hinge pin retainer better and reduce bending force on bolts.
20210729_185246.jpg

Pivot balls have been great - having 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2mm options allows a good fit even when rod ends are worn
Senton bumper mounts were great but had some made up in PA11 as well, just because it seems a better material for durability

So first try at the bumper smashed out (PA12 is too brittle) so I've got a redesign in PA11 to try
View attachment 160992View attachment 160993View attachment 160994

Also new wing struts - same deal PA11 rather than PA12 and designed with pieces to fit the hinge pin retainer better and reduce bending force on bolts.
View attachment 160997

Pivot balls have been great - having 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2mm options allows a good fit even when rod ends are worn
Senton bumper mounts were great but had some made up in PA11 as well, just because it seems a better material for durability
Wondering why PA12 was ever used to begin with?

Well the Noto bumper piece is a laughable failure 🤣. Turns out the forces it has to take are just so varied in direction that you end up with all kinds of twisting through this piece as the bumper flexes that is just tears it apart. Back to the drawing board...
20210801_112341.jpg

Wing struts have held up thus far but I managed to avoid any particularly bad landings today.

Well the Noto bumper piece is a laughable failure 🤣. Turns out the forces it has to take are just so varied in direction that you end up with all kinds of twisting through this piece as the bumper flexes that is just tears it apart. Back to the drawing board...
View attachment 161448

Wing struts have held up thus far but I managed to avoid any particularly bad landings today.
Cool Idea's for the design of the flexible section. I had a similar experience with the bumper mount of my sons car. Looked and felt strong and flexible but the first hard impact shattered it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back