Granite Goolrc 3500kv brushless voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy_propp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
So I got the brushless installed and ran a Quik lipo through it on 2s, ran great I think the esc is on soft start scince it was slow to spo up on every first trigger pull, but after running the battery the motor was hot to the touch, running a 19t pinion and the grass was about 2 inches but wasn’t running it hard by any means, it the 19t pinion too much for it? I wouldn’t think it would be but not sure

Last edited:
I had a goolrc ESC that exhibited the same “slow start” behavior. Unfortunately I haven’t found a way to program so it’s something you’ll have to live with or upgrade to something else

On 2s a 19t should be ok. But if you switch to 3s a 19t pinion will be too big with a 3500kv motor on the Granite. You'll end up burning up the ESC. On 3s probably go down to about 14t or 15t and it will get you to around 50mph.

Thanks it’s not horrible, at least I won’t have it jarring to start and be easier on the gears
On 2s a 19t should be ok. But if you switch to 3s a 19t pinion will be too big with a 3500kv motor on the Granite. You'll end up burning up the ESC. On 3s probably go down to about 14t or 15t and it will get you to around 50mph.
Even though the motor is really hot to the touch?

Thanks it’s not horrible, at least I won’t have it jarring to start and be easier on the gears

Even though the motor is really hot to the touch?
You need an infrared temp gun to be sure on temps. 170°F and below is where you wanna run the motor. If it gets hotter than 170° then you need to go down on your pinion gear size.

I'd say 19t is too tall for sure especially with a 3500kv motor. My old stock 3200kv would get cooking hot on 3d with just 15t. I'd honestly go to 13-14t with that high kv especially if you plan to ever run 3s. I'm running a 2400kv motor now with a 6s ESC so I can run 4s and today it did great with 15t on 4s but it's 1100kv less and still got nice and warm with dual fans.

second run was much better, after running I was able to hold my finger on it for 3-5 seconds and I beat on it a little harder, I’ll have to get a temp gun in the near future.

the 3500kv motor does really well, it will pick up the front end if you want it to, but not uncontrollably, really good speed for 2s, exactly what I was hoping for.

3s is temping I may have to get some and go down a few pinion sizes like you guys have said.

here are some pictures

56F42315-03B9-4048-A147-2B10B49BC079.jpeg

E24C7EE8-898D-44A3-A671-AAED153B5A1E.jpeg

E8F0829D-3122-4C46-A6CD-AC2E9697894F.jpeg

2BC9F8EF-ECC5-463C-B8F3-076C4342AF45.jpeg

On the 4x4 granite or 2x4 voltage?

GoolRC has a programing card you can use to change the settings. They are around $6-$10 from most china web shops.

I have had several GoolRC ESCs. The factory programing has them set to "soft" start (3 choices). Also, I think the stock LVC is set to 3.0, I would always bump them up to 3.2 (max)

GoolRC has a programing card you can use to change the settings. They are around $6-$10 from most china web shops.

I have had several GoolRC ESCs. The factory programing has them set to "soft" start (3 choices). Also, I think the stock LVC is set to 3.0, I would always bump them up to 3.2 (max)
Thanks that’s what I was thinking as far as the soft start, I’m running an alarm and shut it down at 3.6-3.7

Thanks man, fuzzy head caused confusion for awhile🤪

3.6-7? Is 3.4 stressful on lipid?
I stop running At that voltage so that it will be really close to storage voltage when I’m done since I have four batteries and rarely run all four and recharge

second run was much better, after running I was able to hold my finger on it for 3-5 seconds and I beat on it a little harder, I’ll have to get a temp gun in the near future.

the 3500kv motor does really well, it will pick up the front end if you want it to, but not uncontrollably, really good speed for 2s, exactly what I was hoping for.

3s is temping I may have to get some and go down a few pinion sizes like you guys have said.

here are some pictures

View attachment 146095

View attachment 146096

View attachment 146097

View attachment 146098
Nice! Curious to see how the drivetrain holds up. I just picked up couple of these since I have two voltages I’m working on, they bolt right in on the voltage real nice. I will drill a small hole for the antenna. I pulled the antenna tube and cap off of the old SRS unit so should be nice and snug.

C430C53B-A6EE-49F1-8657-59CC7136D717.png

Na, 3.4v is pretty normal.
Thanks man!

Last edited:
Nice! Curious to see how the drivetrain holds up. I just picked up couple of these since I have two voltages I’m working on, they bolt right in on the voltage real nice. I will drill a small hole for the antenna. I pulled the antenna tube and cap off of the old SRS unit so should be nice and snug.

View attachment 146251

Thanks man!
👍

Thanks man!
Rather than drilling a hole in your waterproof box, I'd run the antenna wire out of the rubber liner and into the tube you saved. There's a perfect spot for that tube - just superglue it in there.

Rather than drilling a hole in your waterproof box, I'd run the antenna wire out of the rubber liner and into the tube you saved. There's a perfect spot for that tube - just superglue it in there.
Too late lol. Thought got stuck in my head and couldn’t resist. It’ll hold up should my wife drive it into the lake again. Damn tough composite plastic!! Actually killed an old drill bit.

85250F52-6309-481B-8861-3E2820DEFB65.jpeg

236CFB7B-CE95-45FB-B882-1CBABA8A8883.jpeg

45B60A0A-15FD-47F4-AB19-CE0B30161356.jpeg

072C5DBB-9963-4C60-B472-5FB149ECEDE6.jpeg

7BA49DAE-55A4-4A77-BBB9-AF84D8E816E0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back