Senton GoolRC brushless system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBOI

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Has anybody had any experience with the
GoolRC Upgrade Waterproof 3650 3900KV Brushless Motor with 60A ESC Combo Set for 1/10 RC Car Truck
i want to install it in my senton 4x4 mega but I don't know if it is just cheapy stuff or the real deal! Can somebody tell me?

Until someone who actually tried it chimes in, I'll pull some advice out of my ass:
The motor may be fine, but I'd get a better ESC. Something at least Hobbywing 80ish amps. I had a cheapo chinese ESC and the thing was horrible. It was powerful, but forgot its program settings every 2 runs, had like 3 and a half throttle steps, cogged...

Motors are relatively simple so a cheap can usually does the job. But you may want a 3660 can in a 4x4. The BLX version of the Sentom comes with a 100A ESC and a 3200KV 3660 can.

I have the 4300kv Version in my sons stampede 2wd. It’s rips on 3s but gets super hot and somehow never hits thermal. I’d imagine with a 4x4 rig, it would get even hotter. We haven’t had issues with it for about 2 years now. I’m waiting for it to fail and when it does, I’ll get another Cheap goolrc combo but with a bigger esc and longer can. For $32 we’ve been pleased.

can you fit the blx motor and esc 3s into the senton 4x4 mega? sorry for my wierd spelliing but i have broken my right hanbd

Yes you can but they are hard to get at the moment. I would recommend getting at least a 3660 or bigger. I just recently ordered a 3674 1900kv that I’m gonna run 4s in my senton mega. it took me 2 months to break the stock inputs till I put the hd 17t inputs in. I always try to run my escs on the maximum input voltage they can take so it keeps the cogging under control.
My max10 sct is awful on 2s a little better on 3 but ballistic on 4s and that’s what convinced me to run 4s

I forgot to mention that goolrc System would cook if you wanted to get reasonable speed from it.

Everything I have seen across multiple forums and Facebook says the escs are hit or miss as far as quality goes, they are only splash resistant not 100% waterproof. The motors are pretty solid though.

I have 2 different 60A Goolrc escs and they are slightly different from one another (one has a push button power button the other a generic cheap switch, and fan covers slightly different design). The reason I mention this is because it suggests that these combos are not all going to be the same make in terms of materials and construction so it's probably why the general consensus is mixed on them.

But anyways, I also have 3 different 3650 size motors (two by Goolrc, one by Visdron) in 3100kv (Visdron), 3900kv (Goolrc), and 4300kv (Goolrc) all with 3mm shafts. I have tried each of these escs with each of these motor combos in several vehicles including the 1/10 2wd arrma voltage, 1/12 4x4 wltoys 12428 buggy, and arrma granite mega 4x4. They worked well for the voltage and wltoys buggy but for the 4x4 granite mega I had issues. No matter the combo used I battled bad cogging and all ran hot, both motor and esc, followed by thermal cut out after a few minutes of run time needing a power cycle and cool down to resume. These issues were less frequent when using the lower 3100kv motor with small pinion but eventually I gave up on these in the mega granite altogether.

Based on my experience I feel that a 60A esc and 3650 sized motor isn't up to the task of pushing a 1/10 4x4 monster truck style vehicle reliably in off-road situations like grass, gravel, jumps etc (might be fine for on road/flat surfaces). I feel the 60A/3650 systems work well in 1/10 or smaller 4x4 short course trucks/buggies, or in 2WD MT vehicles. With that said they may be fine in a 1/10 4x4 senton mega or 1/8 typhon mega because those have smaller tires, but for a 1/10 4x4 MT application I think a minimum of a 100A esc and 3660 sized motor is needed to be reliable.

Attachments

• 20200716_183813.jpg
    20200716_183813.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back