GoolRC programming card, help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Has anyone had experience with the GoolRC 60a ESC and programming card?

My issue is the programming card does nothing. Plugged direct into ESC, with battery connected I turn on the power but the blue LED does not flash and the buttons do nothing. The red LEDs do light up but nothing changes when pressing buttons. I've looked on youtube and I'm doing it the same as others but mine doesn't work. I've run out of ideas. Is it faulty? please help.

Note: The ESC and motor all work as they should. I'm just trying to tune it.

It is so simple to use that i would say that the card is faulty. Can you post photos of the ESC and the card?
Thats what I'm thinking. Will do when I get home.

Depending on the esc if you have one with a push button on and off switch then you have to hold the button down when turning on while programming.

Depending on the esc if you have one with a push button on and off switch then you have to hold the button down while programming.

Know what your talking about but it's a slide style not push button.

It is so simple to use that i would say that the card is faulty. Can you post photos of the ESC and the card?

20200217_155110.jpg

20200217_155244.jpg

20200217_155159.jpg

All my cheap escs (Goolrc, Ocday etc.) use that program card. But all mine doesn't have those colored motor connection wires (the wire itself). I have seen these pop up for program cards and believe this is what you need https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Car-Ele...940236?hash=item262bd2008c:g:cPMAAOSwNopdzTx4

Ok yes, that chart on the back of the card looks like the chart in the instructions that came with the ESC. The same instructions that the dog ate ? :LOL:? . I think your onto something. (y) thanks

lucky there cheap. $10aud. just ordered one. thanks for your help

Yes, there are few different cards, they look same, but won't program all the cheap esc. @Cheapbastard, the one you have put link is a pretty recent one, i have one of this, much more parameters than all the other cheap ESCs.

yay more options (y)

I have one of the black ones and although I've replaces the esc , I bought the exact same esc but when I plug in the program card and turn it on both rows of lights flash in a running sequence left to right. I don't get it . I've ordered a new program card hoping that the one I have is just not working anymore but I barely used it with the old esc so I don't get why It would crap out and it's been stored in a dry tool box.

Imam jedan od crnih i iako sam zamijenio esc, kupio sam potpuno isti esc, ali kada utaknem programsku karticu i uključim je oba reda svjetla trepću u nizu slijeva nadesno. Ne kapiram. Naručio sam novu programsku karticu nadajući se da ova koju imam jednostavno više ne radi, ali jedva sam je koristio sa starim esc-om tako da ne razumijem zašto bi ispala i pohranjena je u suhoj kutiji za alat.
Imam isti problem.

I solved the problem, the programming card works only at 4.8-6 V, for that I used an old NiMh battery, and on the Sky charger I discharged it to 5.5 V.

Back