GoPro 7 Black

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My audio isn't syncing either from the GoPro 7. It's not the end of the world now but pretty disappointing. Gotta buy a better rig soon or I'll give up on this part of the hobby because I get frustrated when stuff doesn't work well. Almost drank enough beer last night to pull the trigger but I'm scared to spend so much with the new model coming. I can pull off some $ with Thanksgiving sides and meal prep for wealthy clients but then I'll have less time for fun. I don't enjoy bulk cooking crap like that but I think it's my only hope. Gonna make a plan today.

My audio isn't syncing either from the GoPro 7. It's not the end of the world now but pretty disappointing. Gotta buy a better rig soon or I'll give up on this part of the hobby because I get frustrated when stuff doesn't work well. Almost drank enough beer last night to pull the trigger but I'm scared to spend so much with the new model coming. I can pull off some $ with Thanksgiving sides and meal prep for wealthy clients but then I'll have less time for fun. I don't enjoy bulk cooking crap like that but I think it's my only hope. Gonna make a plan today.
Do what you gotta do. Some of the projects I’ve taken recently weren’t ones I usually take either, but I’d rather stay busy and collect the checks. I gotta pay for Ted and Jennys retirement fund somehow. ??‍♂️

Do what you gotta do. Some of the projects I’ve taken recently weren’t ones I usually take either, but I’d rather stay busy and collect the checks. I gotta pay for Ted and Jennys retirement fund somehow. ??‍♂️
Pretty much whats gonna happen. I made a plan today and will send a menu out Monday. I usually like to have an easy week for Thanksgiving and just sell some gumbo to a few people that always ask. This year I'll have to offer a bunch of holiday sides and maybe smoke some turkeys.... I'm getting turkeys for .25/# in some stores so the margin will be fat. I decided that I definitely cant go without a new model and the pc is becoming a "need" rather than a "want" in my mind now that Im talking myself into it. Also need to list some stuff for classified sales on the forum.

Pretty much whats gonna happen. I made a plan today and will send a menu out Monday. I usually like to have an easy week for Thanksgiving and just sell some gumbo to a few people that always ask. This year I'll have to offer a bunch of holiday sides and maybe smoke some turkeys.... I'm getting turkeys for .25/# in some stores so the margin will be fat. I decided that I definitely cant go without a new model and the pc is becoming a "need" rather than a "want" in my mind now that Im talking myself into it. Also need to list some stuff for classified sales on the forum.
Speaking of turkey, do you smoke or roast? We do a brine and roast. I’ve always wanted to deep fry but don’t want to risk a fire. We use Alton Browns turkey recipe and it’s the best damn turkey I’ve ever had. Ginger, cinnamon, and orange notes. Freaking phenomenal. ??????

Speaking of turkey, do you smoke or roast? We do a brine and roast. I’ve always wanted to deep fry but don’t want to risk a fire. We use Alton Browns turkey recipe and it’s the best damn turkey I’ve ever had. Ginger, cinnamon, and orange notes. Freaking phenomenal. ??????

The Alton Brown formula is very good and my youngest brother does it that way. He's a big fan.

Smoke, roast or fry. I always brine before any of these cooking methods. I brine or somehow add specific salt % to all pork and poultry.
Frying is least cost effective especially using peanut oil which is key.
I have a commercial Cookshack smoker so I'll smoke this year if I decide to do whole turkeys to sell.
I'm definitely gonna focus on gumbo and will call it turducken gumbo this year. Lightly smoke whole ducks and turkey dark meat, roast chicken leg quarters and then pull all the meat and make stock with the bones. First I'll remove the breasts from the uncooked turkey, brine and fry those to use for day to day lunch sandwiches in the lodge.
A good way to try out fried turkey is to just do some single lobe boneless breasts. Takes up less room, less oil needed and better yield.
Brine first and then dry em off as much as possible so the oil doesn't erupt with added moisture.

An even safer way to do it is rather than a standard brine, a dry cure (or some call it dry brine...which I don't agree with that term because brine is liquid to me.)
Take the boneless breast lobes and weigh em all together. Scale only; no volume measurements.
Convert turkey weight to grams and measure 1.5-1.75% kosher salt and .75% sugar of that total weight of turkey. Combine salt and sugar (add some pepper too if you want) and mix well. Put the turkeys in a large enough container and completely coat em with the salt, sugar and pepper mixture using every bit. Then stick it all in the fridge for four or five days turning every day or so. The salt will penetrate and equalize throughout the protein and cannot be over-salted because we were specific about how much we were adding in the first place. After the five days, remove the breasts and rinse off quickly. Towel dry and air dry uncovered overnight back in the fridge. We're trying to develop a pellicle.
Now fry at 325F to 160F internal temp. Rest 20 minutes and slice. Serve forth to guests and accept praise and respect. Same technique for smoking but we can use more sugar if we want. Too much sugar in high temp fryer will darken the meat too fast and some might think it's burned. It's not but some guests may think it doesn't look as pretty.
The reason I use 1.5-1.75% salt is because I found it to be the right amount without being too salty. Fattier products can take more salt and for example, properly made fresh sausage that is 60-70% lean and 30-40% pork fat will be processed with 2% salt as a standard. Sausages are slightly salty by default but also fatty and around the world, 2% is the exact right amount.

The Alton Brown formula is very good and my youngest brother does it that way. He's a big fan.

Smoke, roast or fry. I always brine before any of these cooking methods. I brine or somehow add specific salt % to all pork and poultry.
Frying is least cost effective especially using peanut oil which is key.
I have a commercial Cookshack smoker so I'll smoke this year if I decide to do whole turkeys to sell.
I'm definitely gonna focus on gumbo and will call it turducken gumbo this year. Lightly smoke whole ducks and turkey dark meat, roast chicken leg quarters and then pull all the meat and make stock with the bones. First I'll remove the breasts from the uncooked turkey, brine and fry those to use for day to day lunch sandwiches in the lodge.
A good way to try out fried turkey is to just do some single lobe boneless breasts. Takes up less room, less oil needed and better yield.
Brine first and then dry em off as much as possible so the oil doesn't erupt with added moisture.

An even safer way to do it is rather than a standard brine, a dry cure (or some call it dry brine...which I don't agree with that term because brine is liquid to me.)
Take the boneless breast lobes and weigh em all together. Scale only; no volume measurements.
Convert turkey weight to grams and measure 1.5-1.75% kosher salt and .75% sugar of that total weight of turkey. Combine salt and sugar (add some pepper too if you want) and mix well. Put the turkeys in a large enough container and completely coat em with the salt, sugar and pepper mixture using every bit. Then stick it all in the fridge for four or five days turning every day or so. The salt will penetrate and equalize throughout the protein and cannot be over-salted because we were specific about how much we were adding in the first place. After the five days, remove the breasts and rinse off quickly. Towel dry and air dry uncovered overnight back in the fridge. We're trying to develop a pellicle.
Now fry at 325F to 160F internal temp. Rest 20 minutes and slice. Serve forth to guests and accept praise and respect. Same technique for smoking but we can use more sugar if we want. Too much sugar in high temp fryer will darken the meat too fast and some might think it's burned. It's not but some guests may think it doesn't look as pretty.
The reason I use 1.5-1.75% salt is because I found it to be the right amount without being too salty. Fattier products can take more salt and for example, properly made fresh sausage that is 60-70% lean and 30-40% pork fat will be processed with 2% salt as a standard. Sausages are slightly salty by default but also fatty and around the world, 2% is the exact right amount.
Wish I had a better smoker. I have a cheap Home Depot Masterbuilt electric smoker. It does OK for wings and shoulders. Too small for whole racks or briskets. It’s a vertical smoker. I’m not cooking for others tho. Just for my family. I looked at the Traeger grills and just couldn’t pull the trigger. I also looked at Rec Tec but just couldn’t justify how little I would use it. I then looked at the Beefer as I thought it would get used more often. Still haven’t really decided. I just replaced my burners, igniter, and flavor bars on my Weber gas grill today. Between the gas grill and smoker I can do most things in my wheel house. I also have a sous vide and some other gadgets too, but really prefer high temp grilling or slow smoking.

Hahahahahhahahaah Core2Duo ????

Uhhhh nope. Nope nope nope. That thing is ancient. Time for a major upgrade sir. Put that thing in a museum. ???✌?
Mine is lagging a bit too. Can you give me an idea what I can try to speed it up. Here it is, don't have the specs handy
3417761554036.jpg

Mine is lagging a bit too. Can you give me an idea what I can try to speed it up. Here it is, don't have the specs handyView attachment 54015

Seems a bit pixelated but could be me. That is a nice fish you caught. Hope you figure it out because I know there's some fine fishing spots up there and I'd like to see the finished video.

Seems a bit pixelated but could be me. That is a nice fish you caught. Hope you figure it out because I know there's some fine fishing spots up there and I'd like to see the finished video.
What I’m trying to figure out is, what kind of creature that is doing the fishing????
Teletubbie???

@crimsonfancy here is a sub $1000 build that seems legit... even if it uses AMD chips ?‍♂️

I appreciate it and it does look solid. Also running MSI mainboard?

I've watched pcpartpicker.com and Linus etc for a long time and plenty opportunities but I honestly don't want to build it. I want to push buy and it show up ready to go. I'll pay a little more for convenience and I'm ok with that. Busiest time at work now and fun time is limited. I like a good warranty and option to return the whole thing if I don't like it.
I'm now looking at I7 9700k, 3T total storage (1T NVME+2T spinner), 32G ram, RTX 2070 Super at $700 more
Obvious overkill but I play games sometimes too even though not as often anymore because I don't like the amount of indoctrinating political bs embedded in em lately. But I want something that'll run anything strong and Cyberpunk fast when it comes out.
Three nights now and still cant pull the trigger.....

I appreciate it and it does look solid. Also running MSI mainboard?

I've watched pcpartpicker.com and Linus etc for a long time and plenty opportunities but I honestly don't want to build it. I want to push buy and it show up ready to go. I'll pay a little more for convenience and I'm ok with that. Busiest time at work now and fun time is limited. I like a good warranty and option to return the whole thing if I don't like it.
I'm now looking at I7 9700k, 3T total storage (1T NVME+2T spinner), 32G ram, RTX 2070 Super at $700 more
Obvious overkill but I play games sometimes too even though not as often anymore because I don't like the amount of indoctrinating political bs embedded in em lately. But I want something that'll run anything strong and Cyberpunk fast when it comes out.
Three nights now and still cant pull the trigger.....
You just need someone to twist your arm a little

Bringing a thread back alive as i was searching for a decent go pro video you guys use as a monitoring app on the fly

As I have not normally taken videos to edit until I joined here as its needed i just normally benchnark sets

I also have too stick my nose in here.
I hate to be critical here but all of those parts are pretty cheap quality. They are Banggood specials if you will. But to each his own. I’m not positive, but I think I could build that rig for way less than $1500. And warranties aren’t generally less than 3 years on most quality PC parts anyways. I would have to add up my parts but I feel like I spent about that much or less for my i9-9900k 32GB 1TB Samsung Pro m.2 nVidia 1660 GTX 4TB WD Red storage 750 Corsair PSU Fractal Meshify tower Noctua fans, etc.

Don’t start and stop filming. You might miss something. Just cut it down later in post. ??
Ive been an intel fan boy since the core
2 days.
Ryzen 3700x is the same Cpu as the 3800x just clocked slightly lower due to poorer die quality and much cheaper than the 9900k all having 8c 16t the ryzen has more cache and helps in editing clock per cycle and timmings are also crucial part of a build if encoding or editing too but is for sure more Cpu dependant having 16gb of 4k 18cl or 32gb of 3200 16cl is going to be better as it doesn't t need to swap as much so often but sub timmings on the 32g sticks are far weaker... I run benchmsrks that run 4k h265 and run max mem of 4gb to run 12 12 12 28 cas at 1.9v and can easily out perform 32gb at 16cl due to this but Windows can't run more than 4gb stable that fast anyway on a daily
But intel for now is fighting a loosing battle with Amd but winning only in clock speed . Below is a fellow teammates that on Ln2 with 9900k can decode a h. 265 4k bench in 24+fps/s as fast as you can watch a 4k bluray
https://hwbot.org/submission/4256382_matt26lfc_hwbot_x265_benchmark___4k_core_i9_9900k_24.559_fps
I refuse to run my cpus, 7980xe
3900x 12c 24t 9900k etc on these as their are just chip killers hot box benches but but if you want the points to move up the ranks its needed.
The record Below is just nuts and was done by Splave try 3 movies on one of the top tier consumer chips avail as of yet
image_id_2308211.jpg

Last edited:
Bringing a thread back alive as i was searching for a decent go pro video you guys use as a monitoring app on the fly

As I have not normally taken videos to edit until I joined here as its needed i just normally benchnark sets

I also have too stick my nose in here.
Ive been an intel fan boy since the core
2 days.
Ryzen 3700x is the same Cpu as the 3800x just clocked slightly lower due to poorer die quality and much cheaper than the 9900k all having 8c 16t the ryzen has more cache and helps in editing clock per cycle and timmings are also crucial part of a build if encoding or editing too but is for sure more Cpu dependant having 16gb of 4k 18cl or 32gb of 3200 16cl is going to be better as it doesn't t need to swap as much so often but sub timmings on the 32g sticks are far weaker... I run benchmsrks that run 4k h265 and run max mem of 4gb to run 12 12 12 28 cas at 1.9v and can easily out perform 32gb at 16cl due to this but Windows can't run more than 4gb stable that fast anyway on a daily
But intel for now is fighting a loosing battle with Amd but winning only in clock speed . Below is a fellow teammates that on Ln2 with 9900k can decode a h. 265 4k bench in 24+fps/s as fast as you can watch a 4k bluray
https://hwbot.org/submission/4256382_matt26lfc_hwbot_x265_benchmark___4k_core_i9_9900k_24.559_fps
I refuse to run my cpus, 7980xe
3900x 12c 24t 9900k etc on these as their are just chip killers hot box benches but but if you want the points to move up the ranks its needed.
The record Below is just nuts and was done by Splave try 3 movies on one of the top tier consumer chips avail as of yet View attachment 78953
Yeah I’ve seen AMD increasing their quality and performance greatly since I began my build. I would probably change my build a lot today knowing what I know now. I would have cut way back on my GPU as Premiere Pro and AfterEffects rarely even get it up to 25% usage and my CPU gets pegged at 100% routinely during exports. I can still render way faster than real time, which was my initial goal, but faster is always better ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back