Typhon GoPro mount? How?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vingles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has any one of your guys put a gopro on the typhon before? I saw a wing mount but i want a body mount. seems like double sided tape doesn't work cuz there's not enough flat surface on typhone.

ideas?

This might work if you can find the right sized magnets and mount.

Also do you have a mount like this with the screw hole in it? You could make a plate that runs inside the body and attach it to the inside of the body, drill a hole through the plate and body then mount the mount with a screw. I do not remember off the top of my head what kind of screw it is.
FAnawWgm.jpg

Last edited:
I've played with a few different go pro mount ideas and the sticking down option always end badly, I lost my first go pro due to that. Ive now got a 3D printed one which fits perfectly under the rear wing and is cable tied down extremely firmly and it doesn't budge even under 6s violent throttling. I'll post a picture later of it fitted but heres the type of view you get

Last edited:
Late post sorry. I used the mounts from the original packaging with the go pro. I also drilled holes through the mounts and bodies. The top edge of the body in the back is pretty stout but I used rubber grommets to fill the void in the interior. Then bolted them up. Haven't lost a mount yet...

Attachments

• 20180128_160208.jpg
    20180128_160208.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 113
BTW. The session 5 camera is bad ass. Use the video stabilizer and it takes great video. Also invest in a "dive" case for it. Rollovers are inevitable.

Has any one of your guys put a gopro on the typhon before? I saw a wing mount but i want a body mount. seems like double sided tape doesn't work cuz there's not enough flat surface on typhone.

ideas?
Hi there!
Got a great mount.
The bolt that hold back-shock.
Used that one and put a 90 degree angle. Like those ones when building...

Attachments

• IMG_4297.JPG
    IMG_4297.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 108
Closer look at my mount... I put it there so if I roll I minimize the damage due to it only being about 1/2" above the wing. I did have to heat the front screw so that it would melt into the mount and allow the adapter to slide over easily.
20180308_060835.jpg
20180308_060841.jpg

I've played with a few different go pro mount ideas and the sticking down option always end badly, I lost my first go pro due to that. Ive now got a 3D printed one which fits perfectly under the rear wing and is cable tied down extremely firmly and it doesn't budge even under 6s violent throttling. I'll post a picture later of it fitted but heres the type of view you get
Hi! I wonder if you'd be prepared to share the file for the 3D print please? I've had no joy finding one and it'll save me time modelling!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back