Gorilla Tape or Drywall Tape W/ Shoe Goo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 body's to do and it's more cost effective, no other reason. This is one I did with a rubberised sealant and dry wall tape, I can stand on it, it spreads and just pops back up but it's damn heavy šŸ¤£View attachment 119937
That looks solid lol, think Iā€™ll go brush on then, as I have 2 shells to do and donā€™t want to risk any overspray on the outside of the new shellā€˜s , cheersšŸ‘

Sorry for such a long turnaround. I finally prepped my first body using drywall tape and shoe goo. I tripled up on the parts of the body, that I think needed it most. I know it's not the best job, and it looks very sloppy, but I'm hoping that I'll get better at it. I'm going for my first bash later today. Let's see how it holds up.

20210212_201655.jpg

20210212_201546.jpg

20210212_201559.jpg

20210212_201552.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin Talbolts way of drywall tape and shoegu looks amazing. It holds up to his bashing so it seems good enough to me.

I tried all combinations of D wall and E6000 (shoogoo), Gorilla Tape. This tape that tape, Flex this flex that. P dip. Even tried most all together ( adding 20 pounds of weight:ROFLMAO:)

The Kraton Just sucks. Too thin. Break in the same spots all the time. It should be thicker lexan like the Noto/OC IMHO. Arrma/HH doesn't care about that. They need to keep selling the K6s bodies. Good money for them.
I feel a quick D wall and e6000 application. Any cheaper alternative and hold your breath. In the end I feel its cheaper to just replace the Kraton body. They crack and split anyway. Hell all these mods to strengthen the body really $adds$ up. Cheaper to just replace the body, throw a little spit on when it cracks, then replace again. Just me. I use an ugly PL white brute armor body. No issues here yet. Have one pristine Kraton Body left for the shelf. I wont run that. Done replacing them.

The problem with Gorilla tape is it will delaminate over time in places. Getting wet, muddy, dirty, will do it. Drywall tape/goo stays put.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back