Gorilla Tape or Drywall Tape W/ Shoe Goo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr744

Reaction score
So, what's better for a basher body? Gorilla tape or drywall tape w/ shoe goo? I always use gorilla tape on my bodies and I bash pretty hard. They hold up very well, but eventually start to crack. I've never tried the drywall tape w/ shoe goo method. Has anyone tried both? If so, what's a better option?

20210107_180250.jpg

20210107_180304.jpg

20210107_180352.jpg

20210107_180332.jpg

20210107_180341.jpg

Last edited:
The shoo goo and drywall tape works very well I have never tried the gorilla tape although that stuff is really strong. The shoo goo and drywall is a bit of a pain but the results are worth it!

You do beat your stuff up. Good work 👍. I’d try the shoo goo and drywall tape.

I have tried dam near every method and every combination.. it's still gonna crack eventually. I now take old bodies and cut them up and shoe goo them to the new body for extra reinforcement along with the tape along the areas that are prone to it. I have a granite bed that has lasted almost a year now and they normally don't last me a few bashings.

The shoo goo and drywall tape works very well I have never tried the gorilla tape although that stuff is really strong. The shoo goo and drywall is a bit of a pain but the results are worth it!

So, what's better for a basher body? Gorilla tape or drywall tape w/ shoe goo? I always use gorilla tape on my bodies and I bash pretty hard. They hold up very well, but eventually start to crack. I've never tried the drywall tape w/ shoe goo method. Has anyone tried both? If so, what's a better option?

View attachment 118518

View attachment 118519

View attachment 118520

View attachment 118521

View attachment 118522
your better off getting the russian body saves alot of messing about. they don't look as nice but last along time I have three one of them must be two years old and still going strong. I have tryed shoe goo and gorilla tape like you say they still crack

I use Gorilla tape. I hit it with the heat gun and use the back of a screwdriver to press it down and push into corners. It's beat to death but I still have my Notorious' original body.

Follow up after couple serious bashing sessions and let us know how it works out. Standalone glue/silicon etc is typically no good for tears, at least that is what I have found.

Rust-Oleum bed liner or rubberized undercoating is another option. The bed liner is a little bit more on the brittle side than the flexible rubber one. It's like 6 bucks a can that will do a couple bodies.

Everyone, thank you for all the replies and suggestions. I'm going to try the drywall and shoe goo method. I'll post pictures as soon as I finish the body. Hopefully I do it correctly. I've been watching YouTube videos. Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
It's fairly fool proof but there is always a better fool out there !

Tag the corners with hot glue, little trick helps in the odd areas. Effort will pay for itself. Do NOT skip any areas, even if you think they won't get damaged, they will. Double up on tape in the high impact areas.

Hi, I'm going to try this method, any reason why you chose paint on, over spray on?
5 body's to do and it's more cost effective, no other reason. This is one I did with a rubberised sealant and dry wall tape, I can stand on it, it spreads and just pops back up but it's damn heavy 🤣
20210114_050332.jpg

This one is tricky. Gorilla tape on Notorious, Outcast, (Typhon which doesn't need as much reinforcing). All three have held up well. Kraton and Granite seem to be flimsier than the others. If/when I have to do it again on the K6 and G3, probably gonna use D tape and Shoe Goo or maybe even try the T-Rex tape. Bodies last longer when you drive better. Mine are starting to make it past the 30 day mark now. Soooooo happy.

I used Gorilla tape on mines. On the inside, and also reinforced the rear bumper with 4 or 5 pieces on the bumper edge. It's a lot sturdier now. I can't even push the body in with my hands like I used to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back