Gorilla tape taking my paint with it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Both Kraton and Noto bodies are looking real ugly, the darn gorilla tape is pulling the paint off the inside of my bodies in crashes. Is this normal or did I not paint them right or should I do shoe goo on my next body instead?

Not sure about thecprep. But shoegoo can discolor the paint. I put a little on my felony to hold a few wires while waiting for clips.it is now a little darker in that area.

Both Kraton and Noto bodies are looking real ugly, the darn gorilla tape is pulling the paint off the inside of my bodies in crashes. Is this normal or did I not paint them right or should I do shoe goo on my next body instead?
Same thing happening to me. Tape is pulling the paint off. The rattier it gets, the better it looks.
Next body I’m going to try rattle can spray on rubber. I hate the shoo goo process, too much work......it does a good job though.

Last edited:
I sprayed rubber on the outside of my infraction. Great results. I can peel off and go back to camo or change color any time.
IMG_20200919_161500979.jpg

Maybe you needed to scuff up the inside and use rubbing alcohol before paint so it’s clean?
I did both but maybe not well enough. I was a bit excited and kinda rushed into it. I kind of like thee goo idea now though cuz I feel like it will bond with the paint rather than just stick too it.

Hence the shoegoo approach. Tape will either rip the paint off or won't hold due to dirt. If you do use tape you have to apply heat with a heat gun up to the point where the glue starts melting. Shoegoo is actually easier in my opinion, just messy.

I sprayed rubber on the outside of my infraction. Great results. I can peel off and go back to camo or change color any time.View attachment 106694
That looks super cool.
Anybody ever try straight shoo goo without the drywall tape?

cheers,
kev

I sprayed rubber on the outside of my infraction. Great results. I can peel off and go back to camo or change color any time.
@Boggs3010 omg this looks amazing!!!

i am sick and tired of my red kraton. Can i ask what products you used for the black and gold?
this looks great!

you just sprayed the outside without any prep?

Soap and water, and plastic dip 6 coats. Gold is aluminum parts. And thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back