Outcast Got a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haris88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I’m shimming my front diff, should I put 2 shimms in one side or one on each side ?
DC80D6B5-F278-4A83-87E3-748ECBBA776F.jpeg

I’m shimming my front diff, should I put 2 shimms in one side or one on each side ?View attachment 82771
Only on the side of the gear (left in your pic).
You do this to set the mesh between the ring and input gear, so with the shimms you can set the mesh a little tighter if needed.

Only on the side of the gear (left in your pic).
You do this to set the mesh between the ring and input gear, so with the shimms you can set the mesh a little tighter if needed.
But it is good to have it tight right? Because if not it may skip

But it is good to have it tight right? Because if not it may skip
It's best to do it when dry (no grease), then it's less of a mess and you can feel the gear lash better. You don't want 0 lash. There should be a just a hair of play when you hold the pinion stationary and rock the ring gear back and forth. If you run it tight, it will put excess strain on your bearings, then they will die quickly, which will then likely cause you to fry the ring/pinion before you catch it.

It's best to do it when dry (no grease), then it's less of a mess and you can feel the gear lash better. You don't want 0 lash. There should be a just a hair of play when you hold the pinion stationary and rock the ring gear back and forth. If you run it tight, it will put excess strain on your bearings, then they will die quickly, which will then likely cause you to fry the ring/pinion before you catch it.
I just put 1 extra, so there are 2 shimms
9E8132A1-E1AE-4C61-AC63-D30DE6743DD0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back